Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kishore InamdarYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, my friend is suffering from hair fall and dandruff for one year. He tried many shampoo but no use. Please give suggestions to prevent it.
1. Wash your hands frequently and try not to touch your face too often.
2. Keep your hair from falling on the face or forehead.
3. Avoid the use of make-up; try to let the pores breathe.
4. Don’t squeeze or pinch the pimples as the membrane gets ruptured and causes the sebum and bacteria spread.
5. Don’t wash your face more than twice because the more we wash the sebaceous glands become more active and produce more sebum.
1. Instead of soap use powder made from dried orange peels or use a paste of fresh orange or lemon peels.
2. Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on the pimples, it will soothe and heal the pimples.
3. Apple cider is extremely powerful cure to clear the pimple scars as well as pimples. Mix ½ teaspoon in a cup of water. Apply gently on the entire affected area with cotton wool and leave overnight.
4. Garlic is an excellent cure for acne - A freshly sliced pod can be gently applied on the pimple or a juice of garlic can be used, and left on for at least ½ hour. Although this stinks it is a pretty effective method.
5. The juice of mint leaves applied overnight for 2 weeks constantly will clear acne.
6. A blend of honey and limejuice can prove to help with constant usage.
7.Change your pillow cover every day so that the infection has no way of getting back to you.
8. Gently apply some ice on your face after a warm water bath so that the pores close.
In today's day and age, pollution is omnipresent. And when pollution gets mixed with a few UV rays, the barrage of skin issues we have to deal with is crazy! unless you've been born in the land of the elves, or just born super lucky, it's highly unlikely that you've never had skin ailments. Acne, blackheads, scarring, visible pores are a few that top the humongous list. Let's not forget the money and time spent in parlors and cosmetics, that makes this ordeal seem a lot more challenging. To make your life easy, I have decided to share a few secrets with you.
1. Fuller's earth (Multani Matti)
Soak fuller's earth in water and leave it for 10 minutes. Make a paste and apply it on your face. Now, wash off the mask from your skin when it's dry for an instant glow.
Take some sugar. Add lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil to it. Mix it well and use it as a face scrubber. Olive oil will moisten your skin, sugar will remove dead cells, and lemon juice will naturally bleach your skin.
3. Papaya and honey
Take a piece of papaya and mash it with the help of a fork. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix well with papaya pulp. Moisten your face and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with cold water. Papaya has aha's which will cleanse your skin and lighten scars.
4. Ice cube
Rub an ice cube on your face to improve the blood circulation before you sleep, and wake up with skin that feels beautiful. Also, if you are going to a party or on a special occasion, rub an ice cube before putting on the make-up. This will help the makeup to last longer, and the make-up to not smudge.
*drinking 10-12 glasses of water everyday as it helps in flushing out toxins.
*eat healthy, consume a lot of raw fruits and veggies for fiber. This aids digestion, making sure there is no tummy related break-outs.
*get at least 8 hours of sleep.
*drink green tea instead of caffeinated drinks and sodas.
Click 'consult' to consult me privately.
I am 16 year old now it is my hair is falling regularly this days also I have also a dandruff problem please advice.
Sir I am suffer from dryness of skin during the winter season and it is in a extremely disease for me please sir tell me its permanent solution thanks very much.
Is melalite xl is safe to use, if yes then please tell me how to use ,how many time a day I can use ,and how to apply and how long I can use this cream.
Hi I am 31 years old from last few months my hairs are falling. I am doing exercise regularly, plus I m non vegetarian, taking little bit of alcohol & smoking as well. Kindly suggest me to save my hairs.
I probably have fungal infection in my right limb. And I have been on medication and have been taking itraconazole 200 mg for 20 days, 1 Tab. Daily and today is the 21st day. Also I took Levocet (Hetro) 5 mg each night for 18 days and have stopped taking that. But itching has not ended completely and there are rashes on limited portion of my limb, exactly to mention below my knee. Now what should I do?
Am facing frequent hair loss kindly suggest me how to overcome this problem as it is now a part of daily routine.
My hair is getting thinner and hair fall is not there. Any tips for getting hair thicker and in good condition.
My husband has skin tags. Someone recommended thuja (homeopathic med). Is this the right medicine? How should he use it - topical application or drink? How frequently? Any side effects?
I am a 46 years old male with no health related issues. However in the past week getting rashes (Hives) all over body. This I realized was only when I intake eggs in my meals. Is this possible? I have been an egg eater for my entire life now at this stage the rashes make no logic? Kindly advise? Stopped eating eggs now and no rashes have appeared on body.
I had pimple marks and some inflammation on nose. Apart from some medicine, my doctor advised me to apply elocon cream to apply on nose. After reading a little about this, I am little suspicious. Please suggest.
The skin is the largest organ of protection and defense. The skin plays an important role in the elimination of toxins and can assist the kidneys in their work. If there is a buildup of toxins in the body, the skin will try to help in removing them. The skin tries to help to eliminate the toxins out as skin rashes or skin conditions.
Every day we are exposed to toxins in our air, water, food and personal products. Examples of these chemicals are pesticides (in our food, lawns and parks), solvents (in gasoline, paints and cleaning products) and plastic chemicals (such as BPA and phthalates). We can do our best to live free of these substances, but some are unavoidable. Eating reactive foods leads to inflammation, which can lead to a number of symptoms and diseases, including chronic skin problems such as acne and eczema. Signs of toxicity that appear in the skin include acne, boils, rashes, inflammation, etc.
Your body needs to get rid of the waste products somehow. Some of these wastes can be excreted through the skin, such as urea, water, uric acid and ammonia. This helps rid your body of the things that might make you sick if your skin didn’t serve as a gateway to the outside.
Causative factors of skin diseases:
Skin diseases are the expression of toxins accumulation in the body. This toxin accumulation can cause by,
- Food with chemicals like pesticides, preservatives, processed food
- Exposure to chemicals through soaps, shampoos, phenyl
- Exposure to radiation
- Exposure to pollution – water, air and food
- Uses of plastic materials
Skin being the largest organ in the human body, presents many diseases. In fact, skin is the reflection of what is happening inside the body. Most of the internal systems and organs in the body when get affected or dis-eased because of accumulation of toxins, they show their effects in the form of skin diseases, in various forms.
- Rash: Nearly any change in the skin’s appearance can be called a rash. Most rashes are from simple skin irritation; others result from medical conditions.
- Dermatitis: A general term for inflammation of the skin. Atopic dermatitis (a type of eczema) is the most common form.
- Eczema: Skin inflammation (dermatitis) causing an itchy rash. Most often, it’s due to an overactive immune system.
- Psoriasis: An autoimmune condition that can cause a variety of skin rashes. Silver, scaly plaques on the skin are the most common form.
- Dandruff: A scaly condition of the scalp may be caused by seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, or eczema.
- Acne: The most common skin condition, acne affects over 85% of people at some time in life.
- Cellulitis: Inflammation of the dermis and subcutaneous tissues, usually due to an infection. A red, warm, often painful skin rash generally results.
- Abscess (boil or furuncle): A localized skin infection creates a collection of pus under the skin.
- Warts: A virus infects the skin and causes the skin to grow excessively, creating a wart.
- Melanoma: The most dangerous type of skin cancer, melanoma results from sun damage and other causes. A skin biopsy can identify melanoma.
- Basal cell carcinoma: The most common type of skin cancer. Basal cell carcinoma is less dangerous than melanoma because it grows and spreads more slowly.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: A common form of skin cancer, squamous cell carcinoma may begin as an ulcer that won’t heal, or an abnormal growth. It usually develops in sun-exposed areas.
- Herpes: The herpes viruses HSV-1 and HSV-2 can cause periodic blisters or skin irritation around the lips or the genitals.
- Hives: Raised, red, itchy patches on the skin that arise suddenly. Hives usually result from an allergic reaction.
- Tinea vesicolor: A benign fungal skin infection creates pale areas of low pigmentation on the skin.
- Shingles (herpes zoster): Caused by the chickenpox virus, shingles is a painful rash on one side of the body.
- Scabies: Tiny mites that burrow into the skin cause scabies. An intensely itchy rash in the webs of fingers, wrists, elbows, and buttocks is typical of scabies.
- Ringworms: A fungal skin infection (also called tinea). The characteristic rings it creates are not due to worms.
- Skin Allergies – Reaction of body through the skin to some allergens like some food item, dust, sun etc
Homoeopathic medicines make our body strong to relieve stress and to remove toxins from the body. Homeopathic remedies not only remove the complaint but also the tendency of the complaint to recur. Since the causes are internal, we need internal medicines. Applying ointments on skin problems may again push all toxins inside our body, which can result in disease of internal organs which is more harmful. Some examples of Homoeopathic remedies
- Hepetic eruptions all over the body – Dulcamara, psorinum, ran- b
- Fiery red rashes on the body – Aconite, belladonna, stramonium, sulphur
- Soft warts – Ant –crude, calc, nit-a, sil, thuja
Some lifestyle changes for skin ailments,
- Drink lots of water to help body to remove toxins
- Use lemon to remove toxins from body
- Take 7 hours sleep to help the repair of our body
- Do good amount of physical activities to remove toxins through increase in blood circulation and sweating
- Practice some relaxation methods to manage the stress
- Have lots of vegetables and fruits preferably organic
- Wash all fruits and vegetables properly to remove pesticides
- Avoid radiation and pollution as much as possible
- Avoid chemical contacts through the skin and nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult online, on phone or in clinic.
I am pregnant of 8 months and 26 days. I have red pores like marks on my body. Its causes itching much and when m doing itching it is more n more itching. Etching area is converted into red in colour. Please give me solution.
Lybrate | Dr. A K Patra speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY