Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay JainYour feedback matters!
4 month back my wife undergone some surgery and during that time she get HIV tested and it was negative. I have 13 years old son and after deliver she had Sterilization & We do not use any precautions. Now I am suffering from Night sweat from last 2 months. And one month back I also suffer with Ulcer on mouth (Lymphnode) and get treated in 10 days. I heard that these are HIV symptoms but I do not want to get HIV test because I am very afraid. My thinking that if my wife is HIV negative then is it possible that I am infected? Because we are not using precautions from last 12 yrs. Please advice.
Recently I consulted a dentist n he advised me to choose between orthodentic treatment and cosmetic procedure. So, I am a little confused. Which is better and why? if I go for cosmetic procedure for midline diastema closure will it cause any harm in future?
I am 20 yrs old male. My big problem is frequent oral ulcers which is from child hood. Give me some precautions and medications and food diet home remedies to cure.
Hello sir, there is a cavity problem in my tooth and one tooth need a rct. Please tell me about the charges and how I take care of this? Alsi I want to know about capping rate?
Which is faster procedure ceramic braces or invisalign? and what would the cost of both these treatment be?
Sir I am suffering from severe tooth ache. Actually my wisdom tooth is coming. The tooth is black In colour. I clicked a picture which I can send you for better understanding.
One and a half months back I got 2 right hand side top tooth removed since then pain starts from the place wherefrom tooth was removed and entire right side of my face upto eyes keeps paining for all day. I met a general physician and he gave metrogyl ge and betadine mouth was. I saw 2 dentists one gave flozen plus and another gave mobizox morning and evening but it does not help. My dentist asked me to see a neurologist and gave neurobion g. I took it for 10 days and do not know whether it helped or not. Only warm water with salt reduces the pain for some time. What medicine should I take?
Gargale with warm water after evary meal. Brush hefore going to bed.
If condition advanced then gargle with half glass of warm water with 1 teaspoon common salt and few amount of turmeric.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!