Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidyashankar P
Submit a review for Dr. Vidyashankar PYour feedback matters!
I have kidney stone in my kidneys left and right, so it size will 9 mm so what diet should be maintained daily life.
Sir I am 24 male unmarried after urine I am getting pas one light white colour thing please tell me any tablets.
My problem is I am prone to frequent urination. and by that fear I don't drink much water. But still I go to washroom after short intervals. This is leading to prb at night as when I am slpy I have to wake up and go again to pass urine. and sometimes having burning sensation. So please help. My age is 26.
Before 4 weeks, I saw lot of blood in my semen, there is no fever, no weight loose, no any other problem, but from last one n half year I felt burning sensation before or after urine, I'm 42 years old male. What problem it can be, what kind of medical expert can help me, please help me. Thanks.
Sir. I am 64years old since 2010 suffering from proteinurea. Recently creatinine level is 1.8. Bun is 24mg. I am diabetic since 18years. And hypertension since 3 months. I am having single kidney by birth. Now I am using nephrosafe capsule and ramiprill h5mg. Please give. Me advice.
Flow of urine from penis is slow and less, because of that I need to go to toilet in every 1-2 hrs And I have got black spots on my penis inside skin, when open to urine, What problem can it be and due to what it happens and how to get rid of it?
Dr. I have kidney stone But my health and weight is not good that i'm taking mushroom powder (high protein). But after that my urine is very reddish like blood So is this problem due to high protein? Is high protein diet good for kidney?
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!