Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VidyamaniYour feedback matters!
गठिया रोग को आमवात, संधिवात आदि नामों से भी जाना जाता है। इस रोग में सबसे पहले शरीर में निर्बलता और भारीपन के लक्षण दिखाई देते हैं। इस रोग के होने पर हाथ के बीच की उंगलियों में दर्द होता है। अगर इसका इलाज नही किया जाता तो हाथ की दूसरी उंगलियों में भी सूजन व दर्द होने लगता है। गठिया रोग होने पर शरीर की हडि्डयों में दर्द होता है, जिसके कारण रात को रोगी सो भी नहीं पाता है।
तेज मसालों से बना भोजन (फास्ट फूड), गर्म भोजन, ठंडी चीजों का अधिक सेवन करने से पेट में गैस पैदा होती है जिसके कारण यह रोग उत्पन्न होता है। जब भोजन आमाशय में जाकर अधपचा रह जाता है तो भोजन का अपरिपक्व रस जिसे `आम´ कहते हैं वो त्रिक (रीढ की हड्डी का निचला हिस्सा) की हडि्डयों में जाकर वायु के साथ दर्द उत्पन्न करता है। इसी रोग को गठिया का रोग कहते हैं। चिकित्सकों के अनुसार- यह रोग भोजन के ठीक से पचने से पहले पुन: भोजन कर लेने से, प्रकृति-विरूद्ध पदार्थों को खाने से, अधिक शीतल और वसायुक्त खाद्य-पदार्थों का सेवन करने से उत्पन्न होता है।
गठिया का रोग दांत गन्दे रहना, भय, अशान्ति, शोक, चिन्ता, अनिच्छा का काम, पानी में भीगना, ठंड लगना, आतशक, सूजाक, अधिक स्त्री सहवास (संभोग), ठंडी रूखी चीजें खाना, रात को अधिक जागना, मल-मूत्र के वेग को रोकना, चोट लगना, अधिक खून बहना, अधिक श्रम, मोटापा आदि कारणों से होता है। यह रोग खून की कमी, शारीरिक कमजोरी तथा बुढ़ापे में हड्डियों की चिकनाई कम होने के कारण भी उत्पन्न होता है। इस रोग में दर्द या तो बाएं या दाएं घुटने में अथवा दोनों घुटनों में होता है। रोगी को बैठने के बाद खड़े होने में तकलीफ होती है और रात के समय रोग बढ़ जाता है। सर्दी तथा वर्षा के मौसम में यह रोग दर्द के साथ रोगी को व्याकुल कर देता है एवं चलने-फिरने, उठने-बैठने में तकलीफ पैदा करता है। रोगी के घुटने कड़े हो जाते हैं और उनमें कभी-कभी सूजन भी हो जाती है।
भोजन का अच्छा न लगना, अधिक आलस आना, बुखार से शरीर के विभिन्न अंगों में सूजन, कमर और घुटनों में तेज दर्द जिसके कारण रोगी रात को सो नही पाता है आदि गठिया रोग में होने वाले लक्षण है। इसके अलावा इस रोग में रोगी के हाथ-पांव की अंगुलियों में सूजन होती है जिससे अंगुलियां सीधी नही होती है, शरीर के दूसरे भागों में सूजन व दर्द रहता है। इस रोग के होने पर जोड़ो व मांसपेशियों में दर्द रहता है।
भोजन तथा परहेज :
एक वर्ष पुराने चावल, जंगली पशु-पक्षियों के मांस का सूप, एरण्डी का तेल, पुरानी शराब, लहसुन, करेला, परवल, बैंगन, सहजना, लस्सी, गोमूत्र, गर्म पानी, अदरक, कड़वे एवं भूख बढ़ाने वाले पदार्थ, साबूदाना, तथा बिना चुपड़ी रोटी का सेवन करना गठिया रोग में लाभकारी है। इस रोग में फलों का सेवन और सुबह नंगे पैर घास पर टहलना रोगी के लिए लाभकारी होता है। गठिया रोग में रात को सोते समय एक गिलास दूध में जरा-सी हल्दी डालकर पीने से लाभ मिलता है।
उड़द की पिट्ठी की कचौडी तथा बड़ी मछली, दूध, दही, पानी, गर्म (मसालेदार) भोजन, रात को अधिक देर तक जागना, मल-मूत्र के वेग को रोकना आदि गठिया रोग में हानिकारक है। मूली, केला, अमरूद, कटहल, चावल, लस्सी एवं गुड़ आदि का प्रयोग भी इस रोग में हानिकारक है। इस रोग में रोगी को भूख से एक रोटी कम खानी चाहिए और ठंडी वस्तुओं का सेवन कम करने चाहिए। रोगी को शरीर को अधिक थकाने वाले कार्य नहीं करने चाहिए तथा खाने के बाद बैठकर पढ़ने-लिखने का कार्य भी अधिक नहीं करना चाहिए।
Hi doctor My question is regarding my confirmation of pregnancy. Frm 3 months my mensuration cycle is in july 4th date in the august its 1st and again igot 30aug. With the help of ovulation calculator we had sex every alternate days till date. But I dint get my periods in this month till date. I have done prega test 3rd sep its showing negative. Im having doubt whether im pregnant or ill getvperiod.
Does daily meditation practice lead to feelings of well-being, or are people who already have a sense of well-being more likely to practice meditation? Researchers in the Netherlands, have conducted an study based on this question.
During a Meditation program for patients, they measured daily feelings, both negative and positive, among 83 subjects chosen from the general population. They found that daily mindfulness practice led to feelings of well-being, enhancing positive emotions, and lowering negative ones—rather than the other way around. The findings pointed in an optimistic direction: Practicing mindfulness on a daily basis can improve daily psychological well-being.
There are many reputed medical centers in America which employ meditation practice to help patients of various chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease as well as diabetes.
Developing a daily meditation practice is not that difficult, if you decide to start with just 5 minutes.
A beginners practice - Sit quietly and gently focus on breathing. Keep your eyes closed and gather your focus from surrounding and watch the breathing process with your mental eyes. Keep watching the gentle and deep breathing, the movement of chest and abdomen during inspiration and expiration. If thoughts come, do not fight them, judge them or push them. Just gently bring back the attention to breathing and keep watching. After 5 minutes of watching breathing, open your eyes. That's it! Meditation is done.
It is important to note that there are certain signs, which show that you may get an illness. If these signs and symptoms are taken seriously then most probably you will be able to get rid of the illness a lot sooner.
Here are 5 indicators that you may acquire an illness sooner than you think:
- Fatigue: Fatigue is not when you are tired after the day. It is characterized by being tired all the time or after very little work done. When you face fatigue, it is a sign you may be falling ill.
- Reduction in appetite: A reduction in appetite is never good. This is because a reduction in appetite is an indicator of many oncoming illnesses. These range from a simple cold all the way to a strep throat. Sometimes, a strep throat may also be the result of gastroenteritis. Gastroenteritis is when a virus enters your stomach and causes diarrhea as well as vomiting. A reduction in appetite during summer can be normal. However, feeling nauseous or detesting food can mean that you are going to have one of the illnesses listed above.
- Muscle aches: Muscle aches are a common symptom of flu. This is because when you have flu, antibodies are released. When these antibodies produce histamines and cytokines, they may travel to muscles and trigger the pain receptors.
- Fever: A fever is the body's way of fighting infections. When you have a fever, it usually means the body is increasing its temperature to kill invading bacteria. Therefore, this is another way of knowing you have infections.
- Swollen neck glands: The neck glands are just below the jawbones. When these glands swell, it is a sign that you may be falling ill. Common illnesses, which may occur when you have swollen neck glands include ear infections, the common cold as well as skin infections. The reason why neck glands usually swell is because when there is an infection, the dead cells and bacteria accumulate in the neck glands.
Hi, I am 26 years old lady and my husband's age is 28. We both are working in IT firms. I want to know about what would be the right time to plan a baby. We got married in july 2014. We wish to plan it in End of 2018. Would it be too late or is there any chances for complication because of age. I am getting my periods regularly (usually in 28 days and my cycle mainly remain for 3-4 days) My first period time was when I was in 8th standard. So is there any thing like as I got my periods early I should plan baby early? regards, Shruti.
We are trying to take a baby. We are intercourse for 9-11 months. But there have no any result. My wife period is not regular. Its change the time 2- 3 days. Can you suggest me what is the remedies of this problem or what will take necessary steps to take a baby?
I have consulted a psychiatrist and am pregnant taking arip mt 5 and qutipin 25 is it low dosage. Doc told it will not affect child.
1. Start slow
Don’t just jump right in and start exercising five days a week -- that’s a recipe for disaster, says john higgins, md, director of exercise physiology at the university of texas health science center in houston. It’s better that you gradually work up to exercising several days per week while you see how your body responds.
“Start slow and go slow,” Dr. Higgins said. “the current recommendation is 2-3 days per week, for at least 30 minutes per day. But for someone who is just starting out, we recommend that they start at 1-2 days per week and ramp it up from there.”
Tip 2: Know when to stretch
Stretching right before a workout may seem like the best thing to do, but you might be putting yourself at risk of injury.
“After you warm up, you should stretch your muscles and hold it for about 15 seconds,” higgins said. “you are less likely to injure yourself when you’re stretching if your muscles are already a little warmed up.”
Tip 3: Mix it up
Whether you’re going for weight loss or bulking up, a mixed regimen of aerobic and strength training is the best way to achieve the body you want. But even within those categories, don’t stick to the same exercises every day, higgins said.
Jillian michaels' workout dos and don'ts
Want to see results at the gym? here are a few dos and don’ts to help you get more bang for your buck.
“don’t go running every day,” he said. “it’ll get boring and you’ll get to a point where you don’t enjoy it anymore. Try biking, or the elliptical or whatever you enjoy most. If you like to play basketball or tennis, do that, because you’re more likely to stick to something you enjoy.”
In addition, move between the four various types of exercise, which are aerobic, resistance (strength) training, flexibility (which includes yoga) and balance, which is especially important for seniors.
Tip 4: Know your weight and the right way to use it
Most people are confused the first time they walk into a gym, higgins said, but are afraid of asking for advice. But if that’s you -- get over it.
“if you don’t know ask,” he said. “by law, gyms have to have people who can help show you how to work out on the machine, and it can save you from badly injuring yourself.”
In addition, many gym newbies go for the heaviest weight they can -- a rookie mistake.
“Go on a weight machine and, starting at the lowest weight, pull it down and keep adding on from there. Just keep increasing the weight until you reach a point where you can only do one or you can’t do any. That’s too much”
Once you find your maximum weight, two-thirds of that number is where you should start.
“You should be able to do about 12 reps,” higgins said. “it should be easy, but it shouldn’t be difficult to the point where you’re straining.”
Finally, once you have a weight you’re comfortable with, don’t get too eager to increase it.
“You should not increase it more than 10 percent in a week,” higgins said. “if you do, your risk of injury increases exponentially.”
Tip 5: Know when to take a break
When people start out, they are often overzealous and try to get to the gym every day, higgins said. However, by not letting your body rest, you can be doing much more harm than good.
“If you don’t give your body time to heal and repair itself, your performance will go down and you’ll get into a vicious cycle where you never fully recover,” he said.
And if you’re sore after a workout, that’s good -- unless it hurts too much.
“It is normal to have pain and soreness after exercise,” higgins said. “don’t run to take a painkiller, because that can mask pain and cause you to do real damage to your body. Let yourself recover naturally.”
I have pcod since 5 years. I have taken treatment for 4 years but now docs says to go for operation. I am married 2 years back nd we have not planed for kids due to pcod problem. Is there any medicine to cure permanently from root. Sum medicine's won't suite me.
My friend had unprotected sex last year July from then she got regular periods but some before her periods she gets burning sensation in her vaginal she is scared whether she got hiv she can't do blood test due to some family issues please help.
Doctor I have check taken pregnancy test twice with kit. I got negative result. Is it confirm that I am nt pregnant? I hve missed my period since 5 days.
Hi this is kalpana. I am 29 years old. I am married. Still now I do not get period. I went a hospital but doctor said it's miracle uterus is not there. Any treatment is there. I need children's.
Hello I had c section before 2 months I'm too much obese can I join gym. After how much time its safe to join gym.
I am pregnant and after 4 days my 9 mnth start. I want to know that what exercise should I do nd what things eat for normal delivery.
Hi I am 27 year old my hair so ruff and damage and lots of hair full and I face a PCOD problem last 3 year and thyroid also what I do for my hair.
After medical abortion I have within 30 I get the two times periods what we do regular raise the periods.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a precarious treatment, which is filled with hope and despair in equal measures. While you cannot wait to have a baby through IVF and you are terribly excited when the IVF cycle starts with some success, you still need to be prepared to face disappointment at any stage in the cycle.
There are certain reasons why an IVF cycle can be cancelled. Some of the reasons include:
- Ovarian cysts: As an important part of pre-treatment in IVF, a screening is done to check for ovarian cysts. If you do have a cyst in your ovary, the date for the commencement of IVF will be pushed back. Medicines will be prescribed to reduce the cysts in such a case.
- Poor stimulation responses: Usually, more than three follicles in the ovaries are needed to produce eggs. Fertility drugs are given to stimulate the growth of the follicles. But sometimes, there is poor response to the drugs and the needed number of follicles might not grow. In this case, either the IVF cycle is cancelled or different medication is used.
- Hyperstimulation: On one hand, there is poor or under active response to fertility drugs and then there is hyperstimulation; which is an overactive response to the drugs. This leads to excessive growth of follicles, which causes ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHS). The cycle is cancelled as OHS might cause serious problems in the womb.
- Decline in estradiol levels: The ovaries produce a type of estrogen called estradiol. When egg follicles grow, estradiol is secreted, which triggers the rest of the cycle. If the levels of estradiol drop, follicular development is hindered. In this case, the IVF cycle will be cancelled.
- Poor egg retrieval: Usually, an ultrasound is done to check the amount of mature eggs before the retrieval. Sometimes, fewer eggs are collected than what were expected. If egg retrieval is poor, the cycle will not move any further.
- Poor fertilization: Poor sperm or egg equality might hamper the process of fertilization, which will thus impact the development of the embryo. If the embryo does not form at all, the cycle will obviously be cancelled.
- Illness: If you or your partner has high fever or fall ill anytime during the process, the IVF cycle may be abandoned.