Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. VidyadharYour feedback matters!
I am aged 52 years. I am a civil contractor and very busy I have osteo arthritis. But from last one year I have lot of pain in my right leg below the knee. So I have stopped doing exercise from last 6 months. My weight is 90 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I want to reduce my weight and also my leg pain. Kindly advise.
I am having cervical spondylosis for the last 18 years. Now I am having pain in my head. Neck cannot turn, pain in all joints. Strain in forehead and eyes. Kindly suggest how can I GET RELIEF FROM THESE PROBLEMS.
My left hand have minor shaking for last 8 months. What may be the cause?Is there any test to ascertain.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Please tell me the way to get rid of knee pain? bearable pain. Just 30 years old. Requesting any oil or food which cures ?
Sir, I am 37 year old male we are having a problem of body pain for last one year because causes is long drive and when we move for doctor then in test my uric acid is increased but we can't get proper medicine from doctor please suggest me some more information. Problem is back pain during a driving and we can't feel no power in left hand suggest me.
I am 21 year old man. Pain in my right side leg between knee so proper solution give me. About 3-4 months paining.
I am a woman of 52 years weighing 68 kg with height being and 5 feet. I have slight problem in the L5 region of the spine as a result I feel pain in the right leg. The pain runs through the hip to the foot. I feel weak in the legs. Wish to reduce some weight. Please suggest the best. Thank you.
My mother aged 65 suffering from severe pain and swelling behind both ears and under jaws, dentist and ent specialist could not detect anything .I just don't understand which specialist I contact and what are the tests require. Please suggest.
My operation for knee surgery has been done before 1 month. Now doctor had told me to do phsiyo therapy. My question is. Is it mandate to do that therapy.
I am suffering from neck pain and have spondylosis from last 3-4 years and there is a gap between c4, c5 c6 and taking ayurvedic medicine and got 80% relief and also doing regular exercises but after doing some heavy work I get tired quickly and also vertigo problem secondly also suffering from puffy eyes. Pl. Suggest some remedy.
Arthritis is a musculoskeletal disease defined by chronic inflammations in the joint and cartilage degradation. It is a fairly common disease, and the pain caused by arthritis can be extremely disabling. If you leave arthritis untreated, it can lead to:
- Chronic pain
- Limb deformities
- Disabled scope of motion
These symptoms can hinder your daily life, thus learning how to live with, and managing arthritis becomes important. Here are some lifestyle changes you can adopt to manage pain better:
Small things you can do every day, while you are sitting or working, such as:
- Frequently adjust your position
- Stretch and bend your legs, change your hand’s position and tilt your neck periodically from one side to another
- Don’t overuse a lone joint because that can cause more pain—so pace yourself and take adequate breaks
- Walk around and stand every hour or a half.
In addition to these, you must:
- Manage your weight: Obesity has been linked to arthritis; the more weight you put on, the more your pain will increase.
- Quit smoking: Connective tissues are stressed when you smoke, and this triggers more pain
There are a number of medications available in the market today to ease arthritis pain. Over-the-counter (OTC) ibuprofen or acetaminophen are great for pain relief. Also, topical creams that contain analgesics can be gently massaged over inflamed joints to ease the pain.
However, you should avoid the following:
- Over treatment: If you find yourself depending too heavily on OTC, consult your doctor.
- Under-treatment: Never ignore or undermine your pain. Leaving arthritis untreated is potentially dangerous, and you may require immediate medication.
If you have arthritis, exercise can boost your endurance, enhance your muscles and better your motion range. For best results, focus on gradual strength training, range-of-motion exercises and stretching. You can also include low-stress aerobics, water exercises, cycling or walking.
However, avoid repetitive and high impact exercises, such as:
- High-stress aerobics
Emotional and physical assimilation
The pain is not only physically exhausting; it can also strain you mentally. Choose relaxation or cognitive behaviour therapy (an integration of behaviour modification and talk therapy) to keep negative thoughts at bay. Besides these, you can also use acupuncture, heat and cold therapy and massages to ease the pain.