Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Occupational Therapists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vidya Venugopal
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya VenugopalYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old. I have severe pain in my leg alternate. I am not getting any relief from medicine. The pain will go automatically. Pls help me.
I am working for oriflame from last 3 months from last two days I had pain at my shoulder what should I do.
My wife currently 51 years 8months has been suffering from leg pains in both legs [ from knee joint area & below ]. She is having this pain since 1991 after our first child was born [ceasaerian]. 1998 our second child was born [ceasaerian]. We checked at various hospitals including pain management in Bangalore, HOSMAT hospital Bangalore performing various tests but pain has been her mate through out. Physiotherapy also proved futile as the pain was back. We also consulted Homeopathy, ayurvedic but no results. For couple of years she has been diagnosed for IBS as well. She has acidity problem. Max pain she feels and have during late afternoon, evening and in night. Please advice to get rid of this issue.
I am a 25 year old male, met with an accident this morning. I was riding a bike which fell down on right side, shoulder and elbow are paining severely just able to move a bit, however there is a small external injury. My shoulder is not moving firmly with elbow. I have seen a doctor near by as advised by him I have to keep my arm in arm sling for a week. Can you please advise any other alternative to this as the pain is unbearable (got confirmed that this is not a fracture) Your urgent advice would be appreciated.
I am 19 years old and I am having pain on my fingers of legs due to cold conditions. What should I do?
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps,muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!