Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya VasantYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from diabetes, but I like eating sweets, so I feel like using sugarfree tables, so I want to know weather they are safe or not?
I want to reduce weight, I made many efforts in this direction but not get satisfactory result. Sometimes I really depressed wen think about it or someone teas me. I want your help.
Hello sir I am suffered from stomach problem I have scanned ultrasound scan report is normal and my endoscopy report was ANTRAL gastritis my blood report normal urine report normal DOCTOR SUGGEST TABLETS I have used but not solve this problem my stomach was after eating dehrea (motion) and bloating and nausea what is my problem how to solve my problem fastly plzz help me sir/madam.
I have some spots on my face, I dont exactly what r they but my mom says when I was kid I had (kanjanya in marathi) dont know its english word and I had scratched them with my nails and due to it they r there on my face. I consulted doctor he said 3 laser treatment will be needed which will cost 8000 per/spot. So is it real? Are laser treatment that much costly? Can my spot be treated with small surgery or medicines?
Hai I'm 26. . I want to increase my height. Is it possible to increase. .can you suggest me some tips.
Am working in Electrical dept I have knee pain while driving two wheeler and I got sudden cold if I drunk cold water.
I have weight 68 kg height 5.2 inch, I want to reduce my weight to 58 kg what diet plan should I follow and how much hours gap between meals.
Hi I am going through anxiety issues nd its getting worst now. Right now I can not consult a doctor personally since I have my exams starting day after tomorrow. I am getting black outs like I suddenly start shivering, sweating and crying without any reason. Can you please tell me any anxiety pill which I can take if I get any anxiety attack during exam which will not make me sleepy or disturb my concentration. Please help if this will spoil my exam I will be in a big trouble. It is very important for me.
Causes and symptoms of Catatonic depression
Catatonic depression is a kind of depression which is characterized by prolonged periods of speechlessness and motionlessness. It is described as a state of mind that is caused by neurogenic and motor inabilities caused due to dysfunction of various neurotransmitters like glutamate and dopamine. People who suffer from a severe case of this condition, even have difficulty in performing simple regular tasks. For example, the act of eating breakfast may take a span of hours.
Some of the common symptoms of this condition are:
- Feelings of sadness
- A change in appetite causing gain or loss of weight
- Difficulty in concentrating and thinking
- Feelings of restlessness, worthlessness, and guilt
- A loss of interest in any activity
- Trouble sleeping
- Attempts at suicide
- Cynicism and negativism
- Unusual and abnormal movements
- An inability to move and difficulty in speaking
- A refusal to eat or drink due to extreme anxiety
The major causes of catatonic depression are:
1. Abnormal neurotransmitter production - Irregularities in the production of neurotransmitters are believed to be one of the major causative factors of this type of depression. These neurotransmitters present in the brain help cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin and norepinephrine are the neurotransmitters which are mostly associated with this type of depression.
2. Dopamine irregularities - Another reason for this condition is believed to be the irregularities in dopamine, glutamate, and gamma-aminobutyric acid neurotransmitter systems. Underlying neurological, physical, psychiatric or psychological conditions are accompanying issues.
Administering antidepressants or using electroconvulsive therapy are some of the known ways of treatment which have proved effective for getting relief from catatonic depression.