Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Does first-time sex always lead to bleeding? Or there can be no bleeding at all because the girl is quite athletic as she used to do Skating, Badminton.
I am currently not having my proper menstrual cycle for around 4 months and I also get few pimples around my left cheek and little bit of hair all too. I think its PCOD.Please tell.
My baby is 5 months old. She does not consume my breastfeed. Even a one time per day she does not intake my breastfeed. What shall I do?
Dr. I feed her milk with spoon. Actually I do not have enough breast milk from earlier itself. Inspite of taking all tablets that increase milk I do not have enough milk. N now only a small amount of milk is produced by my body. And Dr. said dat no prblm as nw she has started eating everything n as she is eating everything in liquid form except milk. Is der any prblm?
I am 28 years female and I have pcos problem so that I am not getting pregnant please give me some advise how can I conceive.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling PCOS, a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am pregnant of 8 months dexadran 4 mg injection has been prescribed by my doctor I want to know the reason for which it has been prescribed.
Causes and risk factors of hunchback
Hunchback results when the vertebrae in the upper back become increasingly wedge-shaped and the cause for this can be various problems such as:
Cancer and treatment for cancer.
Risk factors: there are certain groups of people who are at increased risk for developing hunchback such as:
Adolescent girls who have a poor posture.
Boys aged between 10 and 15 are at increased risk of developing scheuermann's kyphosis.
Older patients suffering from osteoporosis are at a higher risk for spinal fractures which can contribute to hunchback.
Patients having connective tissue disorders (marfan syndrome) are more prone to developing hunchback.
Signs and symptoms of hunchback
Patient may not have any signs or symptoms if the hunchback is mild.
Abnormally curved spine.
Stiffness in the back.
Pain in the back.
Investigations for hunchback
Neurological exam to check reflexes and muscle strength.
X-rays to determine the degree of curvature and to detect deformities of the vertebrae.
Computerized tomography (ct scan) for more detailed images.
Magnetic resonance imaging (mri) to rule out tumor or infection.
Nerve tests are done if the patient is experiencing any muscle weakness or numbness to check the nerve impulses.
Lung function tests are done for severe hunchback to check if the curve is affecting the patient's ability to breathe.
With all the modern day angst about looking our best at every point of time, we are growingly laying greater emphasis on skin care. More and more surgical as well as cosmetic age defying skin treatments are emerging which endows your skin with a new leash of life. As they say 50 is the new 20. With the barrage of products and therapies available these days, we no longer need to be worried about the blatant signs of ageing appearing on our skins or in our lives for that matter. It's easy to look as fresh and rejuvenated as your younger self with the help of these skin repair techniques. While some of them may entail a proper surgical procedure, others can resolve skin issues in a more natural manner. In that regard, Thread Lift has assumed widespread popularity in the context of face correction.
Thread Lift is essentially the use of threads or sutures for the purpose of voluminizing, lifting and contouring of skin. It also is effective in stimulating collagen production.
It involves placing the sutures, made from permanent and absorbable materials, under the skin which then acts as suspension cables holds the skin in place and fortifies it against the effects of aging and gravity.
The benefits of a thread face lift are many. While it does not involve a full surgery, the effects of a thread face lift are fairly conspicuous and unmistakable. It retains the natural look and texture of the skin while imparting the desired restoration.
Thread lifts are extremely effective for recreating the youthful charm despite the damaging impacts of age. Some of the areas where thread lifts work well are brows, jowls, cheek and the neck area. This is very impactful in obtaining the desired contouring of the skin. It also adds volume to the wrinkled and the sagging regions of your face. You may also use the thread lift technique for the other gravity affected body parts like breasts, bottoms and upper arms.
Thread lifts are risk free methods to regain the radiant glow of the youth, without the stress of a surgery. They are also quite tenable, given that a face lift can easily last for a span of 5 years. Thus, for all those planning to bid adieu to the facial asymmetry that arises due to gravity and age, Thread Face Lifts are the go to therapies for them.
I'm about to have my first IUI (Intrauterine insemination) on coming Monday. Doctor has advised me to get done under short general anaesthesia. I'm very scared. Does GA has any side effects? I have one mature follicle in my left ovary. Will my treatment succeed? Will I feel any pain during d procedure under GA?
My wife not interested in sex We have a baby too we have 12 years of marriage life it is from last 4-5 years.
Me and my partner want to have sex without protection because we enjoy more without using condoms but scared of getting pregnant any other option available.
A little buzzed after a drink or two, but in the mood to work out? We would advise you against it. Alcohol lingers in the blood stream for a while after you have had it, so it would be best to avoid working out. Read this article to know what happens to your body when you exercise after drinking.
- Diuretic Effect: Alcohol is actually a diuretic that increases the urge to urinate which hinders your pace and motion while you are working out. This totally defeats the purpose of a workout and makes you visit the washroom more often than you would like to. This makes the body lose precious electrolytes too, which can leave you drained of your energy. This can also be a potentially fatal situation in case you become dehydrated.
- Coordination: It is a well-known fact that alcohol lingers in the blood stream for up to twenty four hours, even after a good night's sleep. So ensure that you do not work out after having a drink or two because it can leave you fuzzy headed and a little low in the coordination department. We all know that one of the side effects of having alcohol includes being a little bleary eyed and even uncoordinated. This can lead to injuries in case you are handling heavy equipment in the gym.
- Muscle Recovery: The point of working out is to induce good blood circulation so that there is plenty of motion with coordination and good muscle recovery with the repetitive movements. Alcohol hinders all that because it decreases the blood flow and makes for less muscle recovery which can actually lead to injuries and a heavy feeling in the muscles and joints of the body due to the extra effort it takes in order to complete the movement or set.
- Heat Related Illnesses: Dehydration is one of the common side effects of alcohol, and when coupled with sweat and heat emanating from the body, it can lead to a heat stroke and other heat related illnesses which can prove to be fatal.
- Heart Rate: Alcohol consumption the night before a sports performance or right before a work out can actually affect how the heart responds to warm up exercises and the actual work out.
- Metabolism: Alcohol slows down the metabolism which interferes with the process of energy production in the body. This leads to less energy during your work out which can sap you out completely as the liver will not produce enough of glucose.
Make a good choice to avoid an uncoordinated and potentially hazardous work out by not drinking prior to a gym session.