Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VidyaYour feedback matters!
Doctor is month mere periods miss ho gye the toh Maine deviry 10 mg tablet le 3 days 9pills 3 days ho gye code hue abi tk periods nhi hue m unmarried and I never did anything wrong.
How to exercise during your period
The question of whether or not a woman should work out or not when it is the time of the month is one that has been much talked about. Fluctuations in hormone levels that take place during the monthly cycle have a tremendous impact on the level of energy, stamina and the body's response to exercise. The likelihood of getting injured is also different during periods.
Exercising during your period has many positive impacts on the body. Each woman's ability to work out and her response to it are different and hence the workout routine you must adhere to can vary from person to person.
What are the benefits of working out during periods?
- exercising during periods can be effective in alleviating the symptoms that accompany your period at the time such as stress and anxiety.
- loss of body fluids through sweating while doing exercises significantly reduces bloating in the belly.
- exercising can also ensure that there is less cramping and heavy flow during periods.
- endorphins released during exercise functions as a natural painkiller for period pains.
What are the best ways of working out during periods?
Depending upon how your body responds to periods, suitable workout routines can vary from high-intensity training (hit) like running, cycling and heavy lifting to low intensity training (lit) like brisk walking and step aerobics.
Most women opt for light exercises during the first few days of the cycle and then gradually increase intensity, which is advisable for those who are not in the habit of regularly working out. Athletes and sportswomen who train all around the year take to high-intensity workouts that focus on core strengthening and cardio boost.
What exercises should be avoided during periods?
The only kind of workout that should be avoided during this time is yoga that involves any 'inverted pose' that requires a woman to perform partial or complete headstands. These poses negatively impact blood flow and can cause painful heavy bleeding.
Apart from that, when it comes to exercising during periods, the guideline is simple - if you can handle it, you should go ahead and do it.
Related Tip: Why Do Some Girls Have Extremely Painful Periods?
After masturbation, a blister or tumor arises around the outer vaginal part, is there any home remedy for this? What is the reason for such prblm?
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain
June 1 mensuration cycle starts. Bleeding will be 4 days. June 28 approximately next menstration cycle bleeding starts. Now give me the information to have sex to avoid pregnancy. Tell me in detail about stages of fertility. On which days chances of pregnancy more. And on which days chances of pregnancy very less.
I had my last period on 8th of april. Few days back around 28th april I had sex wid my partner. It's been a week and still I did not had my period. I am so much worried about my pregnancy. I do not want to be pregnant. So what step should I take to prevent dis situation? Pls help asap.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
Lower Back Stretches – Basic Exercises
Rotation in Lying
Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat and together. Gently take both knees from side to side as far as possible pain-free . Repeat 10 - 20 times.
Lower Back Stretches - Rotation in Lying
Prone on Elbows
Begin lying on your stomach, then gently prop yourself up onto your forearms, keeping your back relaxed . Hold for 2 seconds, then slowly lower yourself down flat. Repeat 10 times provided the exercise is pain-free.
Knees to Chest
Lie on your back, knees bent. Take both knees towards your chest using your hands until you feel a mild to moderate stretch, pain-free . Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
Side Flexion in Standing
Begin standing tall, back straight, hands by your sides. Gently lean to one side, sliding your hand down the outside of your thigh as far as possible pain-free . Repeat 10 times to each side.
I have been married for nearly two years. After marriage we thought we'd wait for a year to start a family, and at that time I was on pills. Last August I came off the pill, and I thought I would be pregnant soon, but that didn't happen. We've consulted doctors and went through a battery of tests, which were not only normal but optimal. So, we are thinking of trying alternative methods to conceive. I want to know what are our options, and what'll be the cost.
Hi 4 months before, I kept coppr t. I have 9 months baby by cesearin. So now my periods are irregular. Body pain, back pain also. what can I do now? what are the other options for safety?
When to have sex to get pregnant. Also please advise after intercourse all sperms will go inside vagina or only few. Kindly advise . Thanks.
I m teenage and my periods have delayed for a month. Wat should I do? Also I tried other methods but no results.
Over the years, a sizeable number of people have expressed their affinity for brown rice as the healthier alternative to plain rice. Doctors are growingly recommending brown rice to all those, who are keen on losing kilos or keeping type 2 diabetes in arrest. Brown rice essentially undergoes less processing as compared to white rice, hence it retains all the essential nutrients. Brown rice contains the side hull and bran and consequently, it helps in replenishing the crucial body nutrients like proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber and potassium. The growing popularity of brown rice not only stems from its nutritive values, but also from the myriad healthy diet options that revolve around it. Unlike white rice, brown rice does not require artificial fortifications like synthetic vitamins in order to conform to the required standards of FDA. Brown rice enables you to enjoy the health benefits without compromising on the taste of rice. Brown rice is advantageous for not just the fitness fanatics, but is also the preferred meal for those with specialized dietary preferences like vegans.
Some of the rationale for consumption of brown rice are listed as follows:
- Controls insulin spike: Brown rice has extremely low glycemic rating because of which the blood sugar level in our body can be adequately controlled. While plain rice enhances the risk of developing diabetes, brown rice goes a long way in nullifying the glucose fluctuations in our body.
- High in fiber: Brown rice is one of the most important sources of essential body fibers. It helps in preventing colon cancer by supplying the necessary fibers and it also detoxifies the colon walls by eliminating the cancer causing substances from the body.
- Promotes weight loss: Brown rice regulates the bowel movements and thereby stimulates better metabolism. It is also considered to be one of the most wholesome dietary supplements because it remains a whole grain, unlike plain rice. Therefore, it is one of the most opted for food items for those wishing to lose the extra kilos.
- Rich in salts and naturally occurring oils: Brown rice is rich in body salts like selenium and manganese, which nourish your nervous and reproductive systems, thereby reducing the occurrence of diseases like cancer, arthritis and other cardiovascular syndromes.
- Ideal as baby food: Given that brown rice is replete in necessary body fibers and health boosting nutrients, it is ideal for baby food because it promotes fast growth in babies and also averts any nutrition deficiency diseases. It also protects the baby from any synthetic vitamins that emerge from the consumption of white rice.