Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It has temporary side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, lower abdominal pain or cramps.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well k own and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear.
I am 23 years old I am facing heavy bleeding during my periods this time. Normally my periods days ranged from 3to 4 days. This time it's still going on 5th day even. The bleeding is normal as the other days but I am not getting the reason for this.
I had unprotected sex 3 days before my periods n consumed I pill within 24 hrs. My periods are 10 days late please suggest what to do. I got my pregnancy test done after 13 days from the date of intercourse. N the test was negative.
I am 21 years old; I have PCOD and hirsutism problem from last 6 years. I have taken medicine before a year for 2 years.; but there are no changes even after taking medicines. What should I do?
My wife is facing a lot of pain during first 2 or 3 days of her period. She consult to many gyno everyone told it will cure with time. Do I leave this on time or I have to go for some kind of checkup or treatment.
When I have sex with my wife she feel pain and no enjoying sex she think when he quit sex then I sleep and I also no long time have sex with my wife. So please suggest for both of us
My periods have been irregular since past 6 months. What should I do? Is there any serious problem that I have to face in future and what steps should I take now?
Im 20, I tried to had for the first time. My partner was too Virgin. But we found difficulty in inserting my Penis into her vagina. And we tried hard but it didn't work. What is the exact way for insertion during sex for the first time?
Hi, I have a headache whenever I read for more than 2 hours. I used specs for reading. But never able to read for a long period of time.
Hi Dr, I am pregnant. Completed 1 n half weeks. I have irritation near by urine area I am feeling etching all the time even though I am cleaning the near by area properly. Can you please help me as m really got frustrated done everything creams used.
My wife is in the first trimester of pregnancy. She is having cold and cough and our doctor advised not to take talked. So what is the home remedy to be followed?
Hello sir, my wife 29 and me 43 years old. Every time after end of her periods we did sex 4 to 5 days, My wife period end 3rd February. Tonight after sex she said pain inside vagina, why it's happened, please help, thank you.
Today we use smartphones in every possible moment of life; it makes our life easy in every imaginable situation from managing professional contacts, to ordering food, to getting navigational assistance, to paying bills etc. But have you ever wondered, what is the price we would pay if we turn completely dependent or addicted to our smartphones? Smartphones can increase the chances of sleep disorders, lack of concentration, slows a child's socio-emotional growth, can cause compulsive nature etc.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo suggests that apart from harmful phone radiations; smartphones and tablets has other ways too, to harm our mental & emotional health.
1. Smartphone Causes sleep disorder: When a person stares at the backlit portable screen of the phone or tablet, it shines short-wavelength, blue light, into the eyes. This stimulates the brain, telling it to stay alert and when Smartphone is used extensively post evening time, the chances are high that body will not release the hormone melatonin, essential for maintaining body’s biological clock. Hence depending on the person’s body sooner or later the chances are very high that person will suffer from the sleep disorder. Prolonged inadequate sleep, not only degenerate the brain cells, but it also causes high blood pressure and heart-related diseases.
2. Smartphones affects’ the social and emotional development of child: when a metropolitan child (generally they are burdened with school homework) is regularly allowed to play with smartphones, their opportunity to learn from face to face interactions or from physical activities get shorter. This affects their brain development as well as hinders their socio-emotional growth.
3.A smartphone gives an instant access to social networking sites and emails; these features sometimes can build compulsion among a person to constantly keep checking updates and emails. Such a compulsion can create lack of concentration, unnecessary mood swing (if the person find an unpleasant update or email at wrong hours of the day, like before sleep).
marriage counselor East of Kailash, best psychologist in Delhi, best psychologist in South Delhi, cure anxiety in south Delhi, psychologist in south delhi
Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India