Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya Desai MohanYour feedback matters!
I have had sometimes that I am having periods for last 3 days but actually it doesn't occur. Due to this I am too much irritated so what could be the reason behind this all? Please suggest something to cure!
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should also be kept in mind is that every drug is used for one of its particular property, which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). Viagra thus, became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels.
Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life:
- Antihypertensives: Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
- Antidepressants: With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed antidepressants, especially the selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood, but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a workaround for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
- Proscar: Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby, reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
- Antihistamines: Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
- Anti-seizure drugs: Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
- Opioids: For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and Oxycodone are used, but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby, reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life.
Hello, My wife is going through irregular periods (PCOD/PCOS. It takes about two to three months for periods that too forcefully through doctor prescribed pills. What kind of do's and don'ts should be done. She is having Myonext Pills currently. Please guide with the diet and exercise helpful for making this cycles normal as soon as possible. Thank you.
My 28 days missed period. And 58 days from first day of my last period yet negative home pregnancy test? am I not pregnant?? please suggest.. Totally confused.
My mother is 56 year old she had carcinoma breast cancer grade 1 we did Right radical Mastectomy on 22/9/2016 before that she had 3 chemo. But now after surgery is it necessary to give chemo pls advise Our regular visit doctors had asked to give next three chemotherapy.
Meri wife 3 month se pregnant hai uski age 21 years hai use kuchh bhi khane pine men achha nahi lagta hai jiske wajah se kaafi weak ho gai hai koi samadhan bataen ?
I am 27 years old male. I have multiple sex relationship with girls some are from my school and from college my office. Is there any chance that I can get any kind of disease?
PCOD or polycystic Ovary Disorder is one of the most common disorders of hormones among women in the age of reproduction. It is yet not discovered why some women become susceptible to this disease and it is believed to be a genetic disorder. The word “polycystic” refers to multiple cysts and a woman suffering from PCOD has multiple cysts in her ovary. This is due to the imbalance of hormones, which don’t allow the ovary to release eggs every month and these numerous unreleased eggs present in the ovary cause it to become polycystic.
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
The regular release of eggs from the ovaries directs a woman’s fertility and allows her to have a normal menstrual cycle. Therefore, women with PCOD face difficulty in conceiving along with irregular, low and absent periods. Some of the most common symptoms of PCOD include infertility and even miscarriage, elevated insulin levels, high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, unhealthy weight gain and obesity. It also leads to loss of hair from the scalp and excessive growth of hair on the body. This is due to over production of male hormones that lead to male pattern of growth of hair, such as on chest, cheek, chin and inner thighs. The hormonal imbalance leads to weight gain and obesity makes the hormonal imbalance even worse, turning it into a vicious cycle.
How is PCOD diagnosed and treated?
Your gynaecologist would be able to determine whether you have PCOD by checking your symptoms. Then she would recommend you to do a few blood tests along with a pelvic ultrasound scan to confirm whether you have PCOD. Though this disease is not reversible, its symptoms may be reduced or minimised. Most women can lead a trouble-free and healthy life if they take proper precautions at the right time.
It has been pointed in several studies that reduction in weight can help in the improvement of most PCOD symptoms because fat contributes to the production of certain hormones. Your doctor will prepare a treatment plan depending on the aspect from which you are suffering. For instance, if you are suffering from irregular periods, your doctor may prescribe you some contraceptives which can help in restoring normal menstrual cycle. But this treatment is definitely unsuitable for those who are trying to conceive. The infrequent and irregular ovulation can make it difficult to conceive and it can be artificially induced with the aid of medications. So, you must consult a gynaecologist to help your situation.
Hi, I am 31 years old ,mother of one child, have put on lot of weight after delivery, due to this I feel pain in my knees n back more oftentimes also facing problems of hair fall. My energy level also remains low. Please help n diagnose.
Hi doctor in trying to conceive this month, my last day of the period was on 10.3. 16. We had intercourse 4 times on every alternative day, I'm getting stomach pain from last 3 days. Is it related to pregnancy. Should we continue intercourse.
Hi doctor, I hv a cyst in my left ovary. Doctor advise me to take crisanta . After finishing the pack yesterday I get the bleeding bt it was very light. I did not knw why. ? Or is it menstrual bleeding? Please advise me what should I do. My pills finished on sunday .
I am a 37 year old female with two kids aged 5 and 3. I want suggestions about best contraceptive options that I can use. I have a history of mild PCOD and a tendency to put on weight with oral contraceptive pills (i used OCPs for almost 7 years in past). I have heard that modern day pills do not cause weight gain, if that is true please suggest some OCP.
If pregnancy test is negative in three times in 5 days interval then what is the chances of pregnancy?
Is it safe if I make a prostitute suck my dick without a condom. What about licking Her nipples? And kissing Her on neck and back?
My wife had been suggested to use conceive-F, tablets. After our meeting on 15th day of her period. Is there any chance of conceiving, and her periods were also delayed.
We all ingest three full meals in a day because food is the most essential fuel for our mind and body. This kind of fuel is the best because it contains a variety of nutrients that can keep your brain and body in good working condition. There are many benefits that are offered by various kinds of foods. Starting from vitamins and nutrients as well as other kinds of benefits like bringing down one’s cholesterol and making the body more insulin resistant, there are many kinds of benefits that are offered by these food groups.
Sunscreen is something that we all apply when we step out of the home. Sunscreen is one of the major necessities of life today as one should protect the skin from excessive sun exposure so as to avoid a range of conditions starting from skin cancer to pigmentation and much more. Apart from sunscreen lotion, one can also have a number of foods that will act as a natural sunscreen. Come and have a look at the various foods and ingredients that will help in protecting your skin from the sun.
- Tomatoes: It is a well known fact that tomatoes are a wonder food. Many people do not know that this is in fact a fruit and not a vegetable. Starting from Vitamin C to many other kinds of nutrients, there are a number of health benefits that can be derived from tomatoes. In fact, when it comes to a sunscreen, this is an excellent ingredient because it contains lycopene which is a phytochemical that keeps the skin protected from the sun. This is a protein that forms a good layer over the skin so that it does not fall prey to too much sun exposure.
- Avacados: This is another wonder ingredient that you should always have in your fridge. Avacados have plenty of proteins which help in protecting your entire system starting from the organs to the skin. It keeps the skin from getting affected from any of the damaging qualities of the sun. You can easily add these chunks to salads and smoothies, or even make some fresh guacamole so that you can have good sun protection.
- Fish: The Omega-3 fatty acids that are present in fish like tuna and salmon can help in giving precious sun protection. This kind of omega 3 fatty acids can also be derived from other ingredients like flaxseeds and chia seeds as well. This will help in protecting the skin from the sun and is especially helpful when you are spending the summer on the beach. In fact, one should have at least one seafood meal in a day during such times.
- Pomegranate: This is also a good fruit that one can have in order to avoid various kinds of health complications. You can have plenty of pomegranates so that the natural antioxidant element can protect your skin from the risk of skin cancer by acting as a sunscreen for your skin. This protection also comes from ellagic acids and glutathione.