Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VidyaYour feedback matters!
MY 4.5 YEAR CHILE HAVING Tooth Ache (PAIN) DUE TO CAVITY, WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO OVERCOME ON THIS PROBLEM WITHOUT REMOVING TEETH. OR IT IS GOOD TO REMOVE TOOTH IN THIS AGE.
Every morning when I wake up, found my mouth full of saliva. Mostly smells bad. What can be the reason behind this.
My teeth is yellow. I daily use to brush 5-10 minutes but no change. Please suggest me any home remedy which can whiten my teeth.
I am smoking from three years now and my dad's saying I have lever problem because bad smell is coming from my mouth. And it's due to smoking is that possible?
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes? Is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
I am suffering from teeth problem. Recently I have done rct but frequently I get problem in my teeth so please suggest how can I get healthy my teeth on daily routine basis.
I have bad smell coming from my mouth. And two teeth are damaged by germs. What should I do to control bad smell from mouth?
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
Hello sir I am Sagar I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I'd o.
My gums are bleeding and kind of loosing from my tooth. And my mouth water too much. Someone recommend me oil pulling. Is oil pulling safe?
A few months back I hd a root canal done but the cap came off immediately afterwards. I did not go bk to fix it. Is a repeat root canal necessary to fix the cap again?
Ever wondered what is the best diet to prevent cavities and avoid all that pain at the dentist?
While food is something that no one can do without, there are some of us who eat to live and others who live and love to eat.
The websters dictionary defines a foodie as: a person who enjoys and cares about food very much
The entire diet and nutrition industry has been conjured around this over or under obsession of food. We have the foodies who indulge in delectable delights and then we have the diet junkies who abstain from everything.
No matter which end of the spectrum you belong to foodie or diet junkie you can't deny the importance of your teeth in enjoying your food.
The ability to eat food is something that we easily take for granted up to the point that we are unable to eat due to poor dental or general health. Loss of teeth can have far-reaching effects not only on your face but also on your general health, lifestyle, self-image and mental state.
Impact of tooth loss
Altered taste sensation
Inability to chew
Reduced or increased salivation
Can you imagine a world where you couldn't experience the pleasures of eating your favorite food? biting into delicious slices of pizza or that chunk of yummy chocolate or even a juicy piece of chicken for the meat lovers!
While everyone seems to be on a diet of some sort these days here's what we call a dental diet or a few healthy habits that can ensure you maintain your pearlies and prevent cavities and pain till you're around!
Eating for your teeth
Milk and milk products have proven to strengthen teeth, whether at developing stages of dentition or even as we go through life. Cheese, yogurt, and milk in any form are rich sources of calcium which if not included in your diet should be substituted by a calcium supplement.
Soft synthetic processed foods reduce the efficiency and health of our teeth in contrast fibrous foods like apples, carrots and celery are all supposed to stimulate gums and teeth to maintain their optimal functions of chewing, shearing, and biting.
Indulging your sweet tooth
Eat all the pastries, chocolates and candy that you want but rinse thoroughly post meals so no remnants of these get stuck in your teeth to prevent cavities. Sweet dishes are the leading cause of cavity development.
Drink plenty of water to ensure that the food particles get rinsed off your teeth and the acid content in your saliva is kept diluted.
When drinking something sour like colas and lime juice make sure you have it with a straw. Acidic foods can deplete the enamel layer of your teeth causing wear and erosion leading sensitivity
While science and technology have replaced teeth with artificially fixed substitutes through implants and state of the art replacement techniques, even as experts, we recommend prevention is better than cure!
So a shout out to all you foodies, at least for the love of food make sure you look after your teeth or it can be a very bleak and hungry future out there! take precautions and prevent cavities that are so ugly and painful!