Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya BhatYour feedback matters!
One advice came from your end regarding Gastric problem I want to know that whether cold drink or soda is harm ful in this problem. I feel relief in gastric problem after having it for some time. I.
Am in love wth someone but she never minds me so I get irritate without her by headache, fever, useless thinking. How can I get well from that? And I need her also.
I have a medical condition (such as arthritis, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease). Is it safe for me to exercise?
Hi sir /madam I was suffering from cough continuously but it's getting more and more cough.please help
17 yrs old boy. I am suffering due to Allergy for three years problem. In the morning a lot of nose is blowing. Pls tell me solution.
I am not happy from my sex life. When I will get excited and start kissing her I came out (my sperm) so suddenly n quickly. I even can't enjoy. please help me to improve my stamina ?
Respiratory allergies are aggravated during a change of season and it is rampant during Feb and march in and around Delhi/ NCR. Allergies are aggravated by gas, bloating and are accompanied by dry skin, dry throat, cough, sneezing and wheezing. When allergy strikes, phlegm (balgam) blocks the nose and sinuses. Allergy may or may not be accompanied by fever but body ache is for sure. Normally for this type of low-grade fever antibiotics are not required but these allergies are not self-limiting like the flu with which it can be confused. Stress is another factor that aggravates the allergic effects. Ginger helps, so does honey and black pepper and cinnamon but on top of the list is steam to inhale, steam is antiseptic too, remember your doctor sterilizing instruments by autoclave which is based on the formula of a pressure cooker-lots of a stem is generated and everything (except plastic) including clothes and drapes get sterilized. Take a handy covered vessel like the one used in beauty parlors, switch on while it is kept on your table and cover your face with a towel, deep breathe steam, you will feel the passages opening up and phlegm melting which you can spit out without an effort of a violent cough. Avoid heavy, processed, refined and processed foods. 2) triphla helps fight allergy too, its powder or tablets help to reduce inflammation anywhere in the body. 3) wear cotton or linen 4) meditation helps reduce stress 5) benefits of honey are known to everyone. Do not take honey with steaming hot beverages, take it with warm water only. 6) ginger- some people chew it raw, some mothers give a drop of its juice+ some honey to their toddlers, some people make a concoction by boiling it in water at low heat and consuming it like tea/ coffee with a little milk 7) fresh indoor plants minus dust on the leaves gives fresh oxygen and inhaling deeply fresh air does open up blocked respiratory passages. 8) eat less salt as it leads to water retention making a condition worse 9) Guduchi also helps 10) maintain hygiene, do not skip daily bath with warm water. 11) if entire family including small kids want to inhale the steam for some time, make use of the smallest room in the house with doors closed, keep an electrical kettle, boiling for some time, entire room becomes steam room and breathe normally, passages of normal persons will also become free of any allergy. 12) everyone is lazy if asked to go to the kitchen to heat water but simple home remedies can help family and save money on extra medicines tests which are not required in simple seasonal allergies.
How to manage premature ejaculation with non-medical methods
In my last article, I talked about statistics of premature ejaculation (P.E), its types, diagnosis and reasons. Now I will discuss about the non-medical methods of managing / treating P.E. Due to PE both partners often end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can increase anxiety, reduce self-confidence and escalate relationship issues. Remember, there is no magical drug or medicine which can solve your problem overnight especially if you have chronic PE.
So, before seeking any medical treatment for PE, it is appropriate to consider the varied options available for solving this issue. These include counselling with a sexual therapist, medical treatment including both modern & alternative medicine, and non-medical methods like exercises/techniques of controlling early ejaculation as discussed below:
- Counselling by an expert sexual therapist or sexologist: It is commonly understood that sex is in the mind. Mind controls your sexual behaviour. However, repeated premature ejaculation episodes can lead to lot of stress and disappointment. Anxiety due to inability to satisfy your partner itself is a big issue and can lead to reoccurrence of PE. So, the stress /anxiety that is linked to your problem needs foremost attention. Many a times, if your family physician is not able to help you overcome the stress that you are facing with your problem of premature ejaculation, then you must seek advice from an expert. Reassurance, from a sexual therapist/counsellor, that PE is not a disease and can be easily treated is very soothing and relaxing for the men who are facing this problem. So, you may please share your detailed history and sexual habits with the expert that will help him to guide you well.
- Behavioural changes: Some basic behavioural changes may also help you to deal with the problem of early ejaculation. For example, some men attempt to treat themselves for premature ejaculation by distracting themselves by thinking nonsexual thoughts (such as naming cricket players and records!) to avoid getting excited too fast and reaching climax too soon while making love to their partners. This helps them to focus their attention away from the sexual stimulation. Another technique suggested to men is that they should relieve themselves of the sexual tension by ejaculating with self-masturbation 1-2 hours before attempting sexual intercourse with their partner. Condom decreases sensation. So, using condoms is also useful in preventing ejaculation for some time. For some, “women-on-top” position also helps in delaying orgasm in men.
- Exercises & techniques: There are several Exercise and techniques that one can try sitting in his home. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- The "stop and start" method: In this technique, the person sexually stimulates himself till the point he feels like he is about to reach orgasm. Then he needs to stop the stimulation for about 20-30 seconds and then start the stimulation again, repeating this pattern until the man finally wants to ejaculate. This can be continued for 10-15 minutes. At the end of, say 10th or 15th minute, one can continue stimulation until he reaches orgasm and ejaculates.
- The "squeeze" method: This technique requires the man to sexually stimulate himself or be stimulated by his partner until the point he is about to ejaculate. At that point, the man or his partner gently squeezes the end of the penis (where the glans penis meets the shaft) for at least 15 seconds. Stop sexual stimulation for about 60 seconds, and then start it again. The person or couple may repeat this pattern for at least 10-15 minutes. At the end of, say 10th or 15th minute, both can continue stimulation until the man finally reaches orgasm and ejaculates.
- Deep breathing method: Deep breathing can greatly help in controlling the arousal and tension that cause early ejaculation. Men must avoid taking shallow breaths as it can trigger premature ejaculation. Instead, what one should do is spend 5 seconds inhaling a long deep breath; then hold it for three seconds and then exhale for the next 5 seconds. If you can do this for 5 minutes in the bedroom, without pause, then you can control premature ejaculation.
That is all for now on this topic. In my next sequential and final article on this subject, I shall discuss what are the medical methods and treatments available to manage premature ejaculation.