Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vidya .B ThimmaiahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, Last month I was feeling dizzy only in the evenings in the cold atmosphere, But now since 3 days I am feeling dizzy all the day. Can you please let me what is the cause and why this is occurring. And how to resolve. Please help. Thank you,
My baby is not sleeping, wakes up at night in rain is it due to nasal congestion or gala problem I don't understand. Please advise.
Whenever I pull my ear, my ear pains I think there is something problem which my eardrum, pls suggest something?
I am 24 years old male and have a problem of throat infection and cough problem. Please suggest me medicine for the same problem.
Dr. I have throat pain and simple pimple like projections in my throat. And I vomited yellowish sour water once. .my doctor said me that the valve connecting between oesophagus and stomach is open and so my throat is acidic. I use to have a limited amount of food. I do not use to drink colas and pepsi and other drinks.
I have pain in my mouth near right side ear and throat also I can not open my mouth if I do it get pain but no problem in my tooth I can not understand y it was?
An itchy, scratchy and burning throat is something we all experience, at least once a year, if not more. Depending on your body's immunity, it occurs more often. While there is good medication to cure the problem, there also exist home remedies which can cure it. Keep a note of these things also to prevent a bad throat.
Fix sore throat with:
1. Salt water gargle - this might not be new to you as it is the first remedy elders in the family advice about - to gargle with salt water. The warm water with salt in it relieves the discomfort in the swollen tissues and pulls the mucous out.
2. Over-the-counter throat lozenges: these are extremely convenient and dependable. On days when the throat won't stop itching and you have a lot of speaking to do, these lozenges help calm the itching. They contain menthol which makes the throat tissues numb. Cough drops and candies ensure constant production of saliva in the mouth. These have choking hazards though, so avoid giving to children.
3. Ginger, clove, tulsi - chewing on pieces of ginger is beneficial. Ginger juice soothes the throat and calms the itching. Especially helpful during the nights, so that one can sleep peacefully. Cloves and tulsi leaves when chewed individually also give similar soothing effects to a sore throat.
4. Drink loads of water - it is important to stay hydrated because dehydration leads to decrease in production of mucous and saliva in the mouth. More fluids in the mouth help deal with sore throat better.
5. Warmth of honey - warm tea with honey is an ideal way to soothe the irritated throat. Honey is said to be effective in suppressing coughs.
6. Avoiding cold drinks - whatever you drink, make sure it is warm or even better, hot. Avoid drinking or eating anything cold as they will only aggravate the condition of the throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 22 year old and after eating food sometimes I got some problems in my throat like some pain and acid issue in my stomach. Please tell me what I do.
Hello sir, I AM AGE 45 CHENNAI, PROBLEM IS SOUND BOTH SIDE EAR, EARING CHECK REPORT NERVE LOSS, AND ayurvedic MEDICINE USED NO EFFECT AND AS NOW HOMEOPATHY USED 3 MONTH USED CONTINUE, SAME PROBLEM, NO improvement, PLEASE KINDLY HELP ANY USE medicine BETTER.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
i am having pain in throat what should I do I used many medicines like zines stressing but not cured what are the recommended things you give me.
Bleeding from the nose in medical terminology is called 'Epistaxis'. It may be an indicator of weakened mucosa or septum or an inner disease. Bleeding from nose can occur suddenly, threatening life and making everyone anxious and restless. The nose comprises of many tiny vessels that bleed easily. Air movement through the nose can dry up and irritate the membranes lining the inside of the nose thus leading to formation of crusts. These crusts bleed when irritated by rubbing or blowing the nose. The lining of the nose is more likely to become dry and irritated from low humidity, allergies, cold, or sinusitis. Hence nosebleeds occur more frequently in the winter when viruses are common and heated indoor air dries out the nostrils.
The homoeopathic treatment not only treats for nose bleeding, it also tries to address the underlying the cause for the nosebleed condition. Since Homeopathy treatment is patient-oriented, in contrast to disease oriented allopathy, it gives importance to every feeling of the patient and aggravating factors. It reduces or stops bleeding by strengthening the nasal mucous membranes, blood vessel walls and by reducing congestion. By raising the immunity power, it prevents allergic reaction in the nose. Homeopathic treatment can give permanent relief to nose bleed without any side-effects.
As homeopathy works by restoring the vital balance in the body, it is an ideal therapy for the treatment of nosebleeds. One can choose one of the remedies listed below in the 6c or 30c strength, depending on the cause and symptoms.
When nosebleeds occur as a result of injury or after washing the face, with the nosebleed preceded by burning sensation, Arnica is excellent. Arnica is useful when there is copious bleeding after every over-exertion and during whooping cough. If there is a nosebleed after a fit of anger with a passive haemorrhage, accompanied by vomiting and nausea, Arsen alb has been found to be very effective.
Belladonna is recommended for nosebleeds in little children which occurs during fever at night. Belladonna is also effective when the nose bleeds in bed or on waking in the morning. Elderly people who sneeze a lot leading to nose bleed can take Carbo veg. They feel very fatigued and want cold air on them or want to be fanned.
Children suffering from worms should be given Cina. Such children have a constant desire to rub or pick into the nose, which damages the nasal mucosa. Ferrum phos is recommended if the person is pale, flushed, feels weak and feverish. When there is frequent nosebleeds due to a friable capillary in the nostril accompanied with engorged veins in the legs, then Hamamelis (witch hazel) gives relief.
Kali bich is a useful remedy for nosebleeds after a cold, preceded by pressure and tightness at the root of the nose. Phosphorus is helpful when profuse, bright red blood flows freely and will not clot, whereas Pulsatilla is for constitutional people with nasal polyps that cause nosebleeds.
These medicines should be taken only after the diagnosis cum advice of a qualified Homeopath.