Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya ChandranYour feedback matters!
How to keep my eyes healthy and I do use spectacles? I use to suffer heavy pain in my eyes once I watch TV more than 1 hours.
I have suffering from eye right problem some time I adjust feeling pain on mine mind and some pressure also realize on my mind please solve it.
I study a lot around 10-12 hrs a day and my eyes got pain and becomes red like when somebody do not sleep 2-3 days or like alcoholic person. After sleeping 7-8 hrs the condition is same reddish. What is the problem and cure of it. Please tell.
I have head ach since last 4 days And eyes r also getting red Please help me I am felling comfortable So please help me.
My eyes are becoming red and pain is also in it. And also I have dark circle below my eyes. Whenever I go outside my eyes become red and pain is start in my eyes. My eye side is also weak. I can not see small fonts of a book. So please suggest me something about my reddish eyes, pain in my eyes, dark circle in my eyes and my weak eye side. So please suggest me some medicines and some care also of possible. Also suggest some advice. Thank you.
I am 18 years old and have been suffering from myopia and I want to get away from the disease please give your advice.
I am 28 year old man having the problem of left eye twitching and small pain in the head . I am working with computer for 8 hours as a part of my duty. What should I do.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath