Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vidhya ChandranYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from myopia and have been using glasses from almost 5 years now. I m tired of it. The power is draining continuously. Its -1.75D(right) & -1.50D(left). I want to improve my vision. Wat should i do?
Sir I have an eye problem by birth. (myopia) every year its number gets changed it is not stabilizing. It is continuously increasing my question is what should I do to make it constant?
I am a 24 year student and I feel some health problems last 2 years 1. I am facing so much hair fall 2. I feel some concentration and memory loss problem. 3. I am facing dental problem day by day my teeth are going weaker and black spot on my cavity and color of my teeth in going yellow. And facing also sensation problem 4 I feel very weaker so much body pain I can not seat on chair more then 10 min my all body faced stiffness problem. 5 so much pain on my legs I can not walk 2 km. 6. I am facing eyes problem. 7 My bones are very weak according to my age. 8. I feel always laziness and sleepy. I am student I am not able to concentrate on study because of these problem please suggest me what should I do.
Hello sir/mam! my question is about eyes I am computer science student and I have a lot with laptop and recently I found that my eyes are weak means water comes from my eyes and unable to see like I see before (words are not clearly seen to me) what to do?
I have black heads and darkcirle on over the eyes so tell me what I do and in winter days my skin is so dry and dark.
I my left eye there is a short of small fly thing appeared. I am worried because of that. I had consulted some doctor. The doctor says it is floater and for that no treatment is possible. It would not harm. My eyes got operated for cataract. Please advise me for my problem. Thanks and regards.
I would like to know the symptoms of red eyes and paining. The eyes goes red and start paining with water coming out continuously may I know why I am facing this problem and shall I take any eye drops for cure.
My mother ( Age: 66) was suffering from MOTIABIND ( Cataract). She was operated with laser & a lens was fitted to her eye, But even after operation she could not see clearly & when she uses glass she can find some improvement. I discussed the matter with my friends & relatives & all of them said that after operation she should see clearly. Now the doctor who has operated says that there is some problem in her retina. Please suggest what can be done to improve my mother's vision.
I use spectacle, eye power"-0.25" is is possible that I have vision problem? If I want to know what test you suggest?
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.