Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. VidhyaYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody who is very close to me then I have feel depressed and can not do without him and suffering very hard fever since 3 day please help me.
My back bone is paining I think its paining on my nerve n my left leg also get pain when my back bone get pain What I should do.
My skin is too black I want something that make my skin white and fair and I have hair fall problem and I want treatment which I can prepare at home.
After a cold winter, the first few weeks of summer are welcomed by everyone, but as the days get hotter, the sun gets harsher and sunburns become commonplace. Sunburns are caused by exposure to harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun. The symptoms of this condition may not appear immediately and can take up to 5 hours to be noticeable. If not treated in time, it can cause the skin to blister and peel off. A few home remedies that could help treat this condition are:
- Aloe Vera: The Aloe Vera plant is easy to grow in containers or in the ground and has a number of medicinal benefits. Aloe Vera gel is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe sunburns and ease the pain associated with it. This gel can be extracted from an Aloe Vera leaf and applied on your skin as is or you could buy Aloe Vera gel from a store.
- Baking Soda: The alkaline nature of baking soda makes it very soothing to the sunburnt skin. Baking soda also has antiseptic properties that help relieve itchiness caused by sunburn. To benefit from this you could apply a baking soda and water paste to the affected area and leave for ten minutes before washing off or add a cup of baking soda to your bath water and soak in it for about 15 minutes.
- Black Tea: Black tea is rich in antioxidants and has tannins that protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation. This can also help reduce inflammation and restore the pH balance of your skin. To use this, steep a few tea bags in a pot of water and dip a cloth in the brew. Dab the tea onto the affected area of your skin and let it dry. You can repeat this 3-4 times without washing it off.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be used to treat a number of skin conditions including sunburn. It is rich in fatty acids that nourish and moisturise the skin thereby reducing redness. The vitamin E in coconut oil also works as an antioxidant to reduce inflammation. The best way to sue coconut oil to treat sunburn is to massage warm coconut oil into the affected area three times a day for a few days. Since it is very light, it is quickly absorbed by the skin and will not leave you with an oily sensation.
- Honey: Honey has natural properties that help prevent infections in case of sunburn and reduces inflammation. One of the enzymes in honey also helps repair the damage caused to the skin. To benefit from honey, eat a tablespoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water thrice a day and apply a thin layer of honey over the affected area and let it dry.
I am 56, diabetic patient for about 2yrs, never take any medicine. My sugar level at present is fasting - 123, pp - 158. What treatment should I take? is it enough diet control and proper exercises for my condition?
Hlo. I am 30 years old and I am addictive of pain killer capsules from the last 4-5 years. But I want to leave this addiction. I had tried so many times. But problem is when I tried I feel weakness and some bad atmosphere around me. please help me if you have any other solution or treatment.
I'm 20 years old boy and had an accident around 20 days past but my scars are not getting off so my question is how do I remove it off.
My hair is falling day by day badly and that's the reason of my stress and anxiety. How can I recover myself from this stressful life?
My Mother is around 45 years old. She was facing a problem related to arthritis such as Schatia and Gout from 5-6 years. A large no of medicine is given to her by different doctors, but there was no relief. Please suggest meYogendra Maurya.
Hi doctor I am 26 age old, how to increase the stamina and energy. Every weekend I am playing cricket, due to lack of stamina, I am not able to run well. Energy loss. I am eating 2 boiled egg per day. Shall I know how to increase my stamina n energy. I am going to office early morning at 6.30 am and reach home after 8 pm. So there is no chance of going Gym.(Lack of time)
Hi,I am 47 years old. I have sugar from last 2 years. (My father & Mother had also sugar problems). Last Checking result is Fasting Sugar 129 and After meal is 133.On 07/02/2015. ( HBA1 Test on 23/11/2014 and report is 7%) Medicne used as adviced by my Doctor is Triglimisave 1 in morning and Triglimisave 2 in Night. Please advice me the medicne is correct or not ? & what is better treatment .
I have hypo thyroid from last 3 years. I take 100 mg medicine, Please tell me what can I do to reduce it.
I am 28 years mail doing a job in graphics designing sector, some time I feel back pain as I have to work 9 hours in front of computer. Sometimes I took some pain killer and spray painkiller ointment to get relief. Is that ok?
My tooth is paining pre molar because it has a hole. It needs filling I know but is it paining because of cavity. Light pain I am having?
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Dry skin tends to age faster as it is prone to wrinkles. A wrinkled skin loses its charm and elasticity. The whole concept of anti ageing revolves around keeping the sun hydrated and moisturized.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.