Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venugopal M N
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Venugopal M NYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife has a little fat in her belly she is suffering from severe constipation . But inspite of drinking water in good qnty , her prob does not seems to go away . Kindly suggest.
Is there any medicine which can help me to stay longer because sometime I use to have early discharge.
Hello. My brother is feeling pain in his throat while eating or drinking something. He has taken cephalexin capsules (250mg. He is 17 years old so he took 2 capsules. Can he continue the same medicine? If not please suggest the suitable one. Thank you.
Hi. My father is a patient of anemia. He is facing the digestive and gas issues. Does peppermint tea is good for him, if yes, then which time he may take this after meal of before meal. How many cup he may take in a day.
Sir I am being suffering from allergy since last 20 days , I had taken consultation and doctor only prescribed me the medicines like atrax 25 mg and elina. But I am not getting cured properly. Mostly this itching and iritation ocvurs in the midnight. Please suggest. Thanks and regards
How to over come the breathing problem while running or swimming which cause damage to my mind and body.
Hi My name is yash. Im working in a call centre in night shift last 6 month. My problem is that after my shift I can not sleep properly and whole day im too lezy.
Plasic Surgical Alternatives For Burns & other wounds: The branch of plastic surgery that deals with treatment of burns and other wounds is known as reconstructive plastic surgery. There are numerous surgical conditions that fall under this category. What are medical issues caused by burns and wounds?
Some of the most frequent problems that are caused by burns and similar wounds are as follows:
- Restriction of mobility
- Aesthetic disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of sensation in the affected area
The different issues are caused by varying kinds of burns and injuries and, hence, each case must be approached in a different manner for remedy.
Different kinds of plastic surgeries that are used for treatment
Depending on the nature of the injury, your plastic surgeon may opt for any of the following surgical methods for treating the problem.
- Skin Grafting: In this procedure, partial layer of skin is removed from one part of the body and transplanted to the affected area. This method is used for the treatment of burns. This is called as split-thickness graft.
- Skin Flap: In this method of reconstruction, entire dermis & subcutaneous tissue are used with its own blood supply. Skin flaps are occasionally used for breast and nose reconstruction.
- Microsurgery: This type of surgery makes the use of a microscope in reconstructive procedures for working on minuscule veins, arteries, and nerves for repairing damaged areas. Microsurgery is often used alongside other surgical procedures for re-attaching amputated body parts like fingers, hand, foot, leg , scalp ,etc treating paralysis of the face and in the reconstruction of breasts, etc.
- Tissue Expansion: This method is used to induce growth of extra skin on the body that can be used for reconstructive purposes. This is done by inserting a balloon expander underneath the skin that slowly gets filled with saline solution and makes the skin stretch & expand. This excess generated skin is then used for correction or reconstruction of the affected area.
- Free Flap Procedure: This microsurgery procedure involves the transfer of skin, bone, muscle along with blood vessels from the donor area to the damaged area for repairing purposes. This is used most frequently for breast reconstruction or after the removal of cancer from the face & neck. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I am 45 years old and diabetic. Kindly advice me on food habits to keep the diabetes under control by eating habits.
Hi what are the best food to reduce uric acid level? Is it ok to consume Besan in any form if someone has high uric acid.
Can I take multivitamins tablets with vitamin b complex + vitamin c tablets on daily basis for growth of my body? Whats are the dosage, uses n side effects of it please help.
I am having a problem of penis skin My penis skin is not going backward It's going little of bit but after a time there is some joint of skin after that this not going backward.
I have a problem of pcod please tel is it create any problem in conceiving? Pls advice how to get out from dis pcod.
Yesterday I have taken very heavy weight and due to this the pain generate on the chest and its like heavy chest? Please tell what to do?
I have kind of itching in my neck on the right side internally, and its kind of irritating. Also in morning I use to have headache and whole day I feel vibes in my legs and weakness too. I am a regular drinker and too smokes around 7 to 8 sticks a day. Kindly suggest?
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!