Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Venugopal H.GYour feedback matters!
My son who is 45 days old demands for breast milk more often. Sometimes in 1 hr interval and continues to drink for about 20 to 30 min. Will this overfeed my baby? Does this result in digestive problems?
I am 20 years old, I've gastric problem in endoscopy test I got result impression is" REFLUX GASTRITIS", is anything serious?
I am 40 years old male. I have problem of bleeding per rectum from 5 days. Unsatisfied stool. Complaints aggravated by spicy food. Please suggest . What should i do ?
Sir I am having severe stomach ache since two days, I have tried acidity pills but that was useless, I even referred to a doctor but it was of no use. Please helo me sir I am having serious condition.
Life saving kit in case of mi / heart attack
A very handy kit which may protect a person from dying of sudden heart attack.
It should have following items:-
A. Tab disprin / aspirin 4
B. Tab glyceryl trinitrate 4
C. G. Tri nitrate skin patch-1
If one feels sudden tightness and pain in centre of chest, radiating to left arm or both sides of neck, accompanied by sweating and uneasiness, one is likely to be in a state of heart attack.*
Following measures must be taken immediately:-
A. Keeping one glyceryl tri itrate tablet under the tongue.
B. Chewing one disprin tablet.
C. Pealing of and sticking the skin patch on left side of chest.
Can definitely save a person from dying immediately of a heart attack.
Every person who is at risk and above 40 years should carry this.
Dr. Rahul kewalkumar.
I'm suffering from hyper acidity I tried omaze but it's not working yesterday I had severe heart pain I thought it is heart attack the pain is so severe please some one help me out I'm suffering dis pbrlm from 4 months sleep less nights help me out.
I am 33 years old male, I have IBS problem since last 5 years, many doctors told me that this is a chronic decease and there is no medication available to treat this completely. Is this right any medication is available for IBS. I am already following all healthy eating and drinking habits but no use.
I am 68 years old man and I have problem of some projected like balloon objects formed in the anus. What is the remedy for that?
One of my family member has 2-3 visible external hemorrhoids/lumps surrounding the anus. They are there since a 4-5 years now and only bled or pain once in a while when they swell. Otherwise, she has no issues in passing stool. Since last week, it's become pink and sometimes bleeding while passing stool and it pais too. Not sure who should we consult, a skin specialist, any surgeon etc. What kind of treatment can be started. Fyi. She is breastfeeding. Thank you!
I am 33 year old male from pune, I was 70 in weight before 6 months ago and now my weight comes under 55 whatever I eat its not working for my body and I have problem of hyper acidity also so if my stomach is empty then I can not breath properly and same problem occurs in d morning after return from toilet, so what should I do to grow my body please suggest me?
I am 26 years old male, I was diagnosed with anthaledu gastritis with H.pylori bacteria in last year. I used medications for that. After 2 months again I had same problem. I consulted another doctor. I used medication for 2 months. Now after 4 months same problem repeated. What should I do now. My problem was any serious. Please give any solution.
I got pain when I don't go for toilet for few minutes on left side of my body. I feel frustrated all days because I don't know there is something happened on my left part of stomach.(moving like gas or other. And sometimes or day I did not realise this & goes normally.
Dyspepsia is an uncommon word, but a very common problem. This medical condition is more commonly known as indigestion of the stomach and small intestine. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, nausea and a loss of appetite. They come and go varying terms of frequency and intensity.
Some of the common causes of dyspepsia are lactose intolerance, anxiety, regurgitated stomach juices, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and excessive caffeine or alcohol intake. In most cases dyspepsia can be easily treated with home remedies. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
Here are the 5 best ways to treat it:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice cleanses the digestive system by flushing out waste material and undigested food. It also inhibits the formation of acids in the stomach and boosts appetite. Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water to avail its benefits. You could also add half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to this. Ginger also aids in digestion and prevents flatulence.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk has cooling properties and helps calm the stomach and intestines. It is also suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. Drink a glass of buttermilk immediately after a meal to improve your digestion. You could also flavor it with roasted cumin powder or mint. Mint also helps in relieving indigestion and prevents buildup of gases in the stomach while cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy for any stomach bug. It is rich in probiotics that help restore balance healthy gut bacteria and stabilize digestion. Yogurt can be had as an accompaniment to your meals or mixed with steamed rice to make it a meal in itself.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek boosts appetite and helps relieve indigestion. This herb is known for its soothing properties that cleanse the digestive system. Fenugreek leaves can be bitter and unpalatable. Hence, to benefit from this, boil the leaves and then lightly fry them in butter before eating them.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice is an excellent way to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Its antioxidant properties also make it a good remedy for heartburn. To benefit from pomegranate juice, dilute the juice of a pomegranate in a glass of water along with a tablespoon of honey.
Along with this, also take a look at your eating habits. Avoid eating on the move and chew your food properly. Eat only when you are hungry and control your portion sizes. Lastly, make the time to exercise for half an hour or so every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gastroenterologist and ask a free question.