Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Venu GopalYour feedback matters!
I have severe backache from last three-year four months. I have consulted with doctor but not getting any relief. Please suggest some appropriate remedies.
I have pain in my left knee for many months, I had tried all the things, homeopathic, ayurvedic, allopathic but didn't get relief, what should I do.
I am 44 year old married female suffering from pain at a point in the lower part of my right breast. I am also feeling sick as if fever with total body pain since two months. My period cycle is 28 days and discharging clotted blood at the starting of the period of every month. Kindly suggest me for treatment. I am very afraid of breast cancer.
I am 20 year old male and have backache for last one month. I have use pain relief cream. What I do now?
My name is touqeer I am 27 years old I have pain in my knee I get more pain when I have belowjob I have been applying relief cream but I do get relief. What can I do?
I have been suffering from severe back pain since long time. What do I do to get some relief from it?
KNEE PAIN- HOW TO TAKE CARE
Wear and tear of body is inevitable. And joints are
the worst affected as we age, out of which the knees rule.
A popping sound with pain in the knee, swelling and inability to
put weight on the leg indicate a knee sprain or a tear. Fractures,
dislocations, cartilage injuries,arthritic changes or bursitis are
painful enough. But how to avoid knee injuries and pain? Knee pain
can improve with some good body mechanics like change in movement,
ergonomics, exercise and care.
1. Never ignore pain. Pain is one of the first warning signs that
something is amiss. After a few days of home treatment if the knee
pain worsens or does not improve it is time to call the doctor!
2. Get rest. Rest is a must if you are a very physically active
person. And all the more so if you are above 30.
3. Weight control is mandatory if your knees hurt. Being overweight
increases your chances of knee pain especially the arthritic one as
the excess load causes the degeneration of the cartilage. You can
try walking or a stationary bike for exercise without traumatising
4. Too much of physical activity including strenuous exercises can
cost you your knees. Straining the body on the pretext of
weight loss, a sudden increase in the duration of the activity or a
rapid increase in the intensity are unwise. Always warm up with
stretches and cool down adequately.
5. If you have duck feet (walking with feet turned out) you are
more susceptible to knee pain.
6. Be careful while lifting weights as they are only bad for your
back but also for your knees. Bend carefully putting the knees back
and heels down. Put the weight on your muscles and off your knees.
7. Discard hard shoes but use soft breathing flexible shoes
recommended for the desired activity.
8. Know that some cholesterol lowering drugs, antacids and the like
may cause knee pain.
Knee injuries need not remain forever. Time and rest can heal most
of them and not often do they call for surgeries.
Wishing you good health,
I am observing white color cervical mucus from last 7, and my period was due by one day what may be reason?
I have a problem in my back bone it's make pain some time, my job like field work so I drive bike regularly around 100 km daily is this the reason for my pain are any other reason?
Hello doctor I am 34 years old male, have upper back, neck, shoulder, lower back and hip pain. What should I do?
I am suffering from a pain in backbone suddenly while I was going to work he cannot be able to do this.
Sir I have pain in back from 2 years I have mri report but no nuro problem but I lift some more weight so Dr. Say stretch in muscles. Sir there is continuous pain in back and when pain is more then pain in leg bone difficult to walk sometimes. I consulted Dr. Again he advised for exercise. More pain during sleep time and when back pain more then pain start in leg bone. Some time more pain in back what I do. What is your opinion?
A pain in the back can make even small, daily activities like bathing, getting dressed or even bending down to pick up things difficult. A quick and thorough treatment of such problems can prevent the problem from worsening. In such cases, there is an obvious need to exercise the lower back muscles. However, before performing these exercises, a lot of preparation is required to get your back into shape. Taking enough time to warm up and stretch the muscles can make a significant difference between helping and making the problem worse.
Why should you exercise your lower back?
The main reason for exercising the lower back region is to make it move gently through all types of motion so that it can have a greater range of movement during daily activities. Core strengthening exercises and stretches are recommended to prevent back pain. While doing these exercises, try avoiding activities that cause pain or discomfort. Pain is a sign of problem and one must be careful to avoid it during these exercises as it shows that you are hurting yourself in some way or the other.
Activities to be followed:
The following activities can help in increasing the flow of blood to the sore areas of your back and prepare for more activity, thus reducing the chance of aggravation.
- Soak in a tub of water: Fill a tub with water to a level that you will tend to float and thus reduce the force of gravity on your spine and muscles. Epsom salt can be added to relax the muscles. Do not to sit up too high in as it can cause stress to the low back discs. Slide down low enough so that the back is allowed to flatten a small amount, thus reducing disc and muscle stress.
- Use local heat to reduce muscle spasms: Soak a large towel with hot water and wring it out. Place it on the low back where your pain is located. You can also place a damp towel in the microwave oven long enough so as to heat the towel. Be careful not to overheat the towel. Place the warm cloth on the area of your pain for about ten minutes.
- Hip slides: Lie on your back. First move one hip and then the other towards your shoulders. Raise your right hip towards the right shoulder and then the left hip towards the left shoulder. Raise one of your hips and then the other up off the floor so that your back twists a little. Raise the right hip off from the floor and then do the same with your left hip.
- Windmill: This is a general back exercise. Create big circles with your arms by rotating them in clockwise and anticlockwise circles.
These activities are an excellent way to reduce back spasms and the stress on your back.