Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. VenuYour feedback matters!
I am 36 year old man. Undergone surgery for piles in 2012. The problem that time of swollen piles and bleeding got treated but, immense pain and now over the time due to constipation and bad lifestyle routine, sometimes bleed happens, most times swelling happens and every single day and single minute I feel and suffer pain in my anus:(:(:(I sometime explain my condition to my wife as" someone has put a inverse knife over my anus and is continuously pressing it that gives me immense pain round the clock.please help .
Hi, Recently did an USG of the whole abdomen and found out that I have infiltration of Fat in the Pancreas. I have been told that I don't need any medicine. What should I do. Please suggest what kind of food I should have so that I can loose belly fat as quick as possible.
My daughter is 2 month old. She is pre term baby (32 week. She is on breast feeding and formula feeding. From 7-8 day she bring out milk through her mouth nd sometime through nose. She also have too much Gas problem nd cry badly nd when gas pass she keep calm. Pls suggest me what should I do for these problems.
I am 26 old female married with two kids ,4 years back I had tubal ligation and now this year's from last three months I missed periods, light burning sensation in stomach above belly .feeling hunger. And one more thing every year in may or June in summer I used to get blood stools. But now from last three days in again having blood stools having pain in anal While going to stool after that no pain .can you explain the reasons for wat this going on.
I have red spots on my chest and I have indigestion sometimes. Should I take some measures for red spots and what can I do to improve my digestion.
I am 26 yes of old, I am experienced cough, heart burn and other related symptoms from 2yrs give me some solution regarding above matter and also diet plan for alleviate the symptoms. Thanking you.
I have intestine problems and I took a lot of medicine but I see there is pain going on then what I do?
Peptic ulcer indicates the growth of painful ulcers or sores in the lining of your stomach, digestive tract or small intestine. Ulcers, though curable, can result in serious health problems if are not treated at an early stage. Peptic ulcers occur as a result of the reaction of pepsin and stomach acid. There are many causes responsible for the growth of peptic ulcers; they are mentioned below:
- Smoking regularly
- Consuming Alcohol
- Taking medicines like aspirin, painkillers frequently
- Production of excess acid
- Radiation Therapy
The most common symptoms of peptic ulcer are as follows:
- A burning sensation in the stomach
- Vomiting or nausea
- Pain in the abdomen region
- A burning sensation in your heart
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Passage of blood through stool
Homeopathy offers effective remedies for peptic ulcer. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Crotalus horridus: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating peptic ulcer. If you show symptoms of frequent vomiting and passage of blood with vomit, then your doctor may recommend you this medicine.
- Graphites: If you experience a burning sensation in your stomach, your doctor may advice you this medicine.
- Uranium Nitricum: It is usually recommended for ulcers in the small intestine region and gastric ulcer.
- Kalkeriya ars: This medicine may be recommended to you by doctors if you show symptoms like pain in your stomach.
- Argentum nit: Your doctor may recommend you this medicine if you show symptoms of vomiting or indigestion.
Along with the aforesaid remedies, a change in lifestyle is also required to cure peptic ulcer completely.
I am 19. I am having a problem of hair loss. My hair were very very heavy till my class 7th. After that my hair volume gone on decreasing and at this time, I have a pretty much empty scalp and they are very light. I was taking homeopathy but it didn't effected. I hav some gas problems also which my mom says its the cause but now I don't think so. Please tell me what it can be?
When I was of 12 years old. I am effected with acute pancreatitis. Now I am 16 years old. Till now its not cleared. When ever I met with pain I use to join in hospital and they use to treat mee. And again after going home. After some months same continues. And I am not an alcoholic. I won't smoke. And in my family no one have that problem. Please tell me some way so that I can cure my problem.
I am suffering from metabolism whenever I eat or drink anything immediately I have to go for toilet or full day my stomach is like full and feel like want to go for toilet.
Last year I got an attack of pancreatitis, after that I get fully recovered but some times I got ache in my Left abdomen, in USG report everything was well, what's cause of this pain. How I get treat it, suggests me.
I have digest problem. What can I do. Pls help me for this. I am also avoid junk food but same problem facing. Pls suggest me.
Im having chest pain for last 3 days. Thought it may be acidity. Took antacids and pain killer but no effect. What should I do? please help.
Gallstones are actually hard deposits or lumps that are formed in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear-shaped, a sac-like structure that is located in the upper-right part of the abdomen that stores bile. Many people have gallstones present in their bladder but they never know it. This can be an alarming situation for people who have it.
What Causes Gallstones?
There may be several reasons, including:
- Your genes
- Your weight
- Problems with your gallbladder
- Bile can be part of the problem. Your body needs bile, but if it has too much cholesterol in it, that makes gallstones more likely.
- It can also happen if your gallbladder can’t empty properly.
Who Is at Risk for Gallstones?
While your body produces cholesterol naturally, you can also take in excess cholesterol through your diet. Many risk factors for gallstones are related to diet. These include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating a diet that’s high in fat or cholesterol
- Rapid weight loss within a short period of time
- Eating diet that’s low in fiber
- Having diabetes mellitus
What are the treatments available for this?
- Surgery: One of the famous treatments include surgeries. The famous surgery is Cholecystectomy (Removal of the gallbladder) that further includes Laparoscopic surgery and Open cholecystectomy.
- Medications: The patients who cannot undergo surgeries can also use drugs like ursodiol and chenodiol. But this can take months or years to remove stones from the bladder.
You can reduce your risk of gallstones if you:
- Don't skip meals. Try to stick to your usual meal times each day. Skipping meals or fasting can increase the risk of gallstones.
- Lose weight slowly. If you need to lose weight, go slow. Rapid weight loss can increase the risk of gallstones. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds (about 0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity and being overweight increase the risk of gallstones. Work to achieve a healthy weight by reducing the number of calories you eat and increasing the amount of physical activity you get. Once you achieve a healthy weight, work to maintain that weight by continuing your healthy diet and continuing to exercise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.