Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venketesh ReddyYour feedback matters!
My husband is 30 years he works for a night shift he don't get proper sleep during day time n also his eyes have become dark circles his skin tone s changed .please suggest.
Hello doctor! I have a small raised lump on my index finger of my left hand. Initially, it was very small but now it's a bit larger and painful. A few days back, it has a corrugated surface and the skin over it was easy to scratch off. Then, I had cut the dead skin over it with a nailcutter, after which it started bleeding and became more painful. Then, I left it as it is and clot formed and it again had become the same it is was earlier but with a clot inside it. Today, I again cut it pff with nailcutter and again it started bleeding. With time, it has become more painful. It's neither too large nor too small and I keep wondering what is it? How it occurred on my skin by itself?
I get butterfly kind of rash on my face and it is very frequent and I develop white patches too what does that signifies?
I am 22 years old do all yoga drink lots of water but I have latrine problem I do not get latrine daily what I do I have to make more effort to do latrine and thereafter also I do not get result.
Im 20 yrs old girl. Now-a-days my complexion turn into black. How to improve my complexion. What facecream suits me?
I am getting oil on my face at day time and when I woke up after a sleep at that time also. Is there any cream or medicine to control oil from my face.
Skin hyper pigmentation in underarms and pubic area (inner thigh). I used hair removal cream for 4-5 timesMaybe my skin in sensitive areas is dark due to frictionBut it is very dark as compared to rest part of the body. Which is wheatishMy marriage is within 4 months, irs embarrassing My menstrual cycle is regular, I am 25 years old female laser treatment safe in private areas?
I hav a surgery scar on my face. What should I do to reduce it appearance and redness Suggest me a cream.
My eyelids are drooping and sagging, also dark circles around it. I wanna lift my eyelids & tighten the skin by natural process. Kindly help me.
Hi I am 29 years old women after 2.3 month my face is changing in color my lips is also dark and my face is too dull please help me I feeling very uncomfortable.
I am 22 year girl. I was on a trip to a village and was attempting to break a mango from tree. I picked one and other one fell on my face amd along with it fell its milk from the tree. Now it has created a dark burn like mark. How can I treat it? I am a cabin crew and I want my skin to be clean soon or I will be in a mess. Please help me.
Sunscreens help shield you from the dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF), which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays doesn't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for relaxing, swimming or you are traveling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you. Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
- Broad Spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
- High UVA protection: Penetration of UV rays of the sun can be easily prevented and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
- Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen, which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
- Medicated Products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
- Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting most productive effects. You can apply the cream, especially before going under direct sun.
- Skin friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
- Correct application of sunscreen: Apply on exposed areas: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed towards sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
- Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
- Frequent application: If you are willing to get best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way out other than applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
- Wearing sun protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others.