Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatraman MysoreYour feedback matters!
I was applying skinshine ointment on my face now I can c white patches on my face wat can I do for dat should I use dat r not.
What is the best treatment for acne caused by prednisolone, can I follow homeopathic treatment while taking prednisolone? I had renal transplant and must be using prednisolone.
I have pimples on my face from last 3 year, I have used many product as well as Medicine but there is no any effect so what should I do?
Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles. Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
- Aging: There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
- Hereditary factors: You can sometimes blame the bad genes for occurrence of dark circles. Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
- Insufficient Sleep: Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
- Smoking and alcohol: The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
- Long hours under the sun: Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
- Pregnancy and menstruation: A woman's skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
- Diseases: Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anaemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
- Allergies: The colour of the under eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines chemical peels, microcurrent therapy and homecare solutions. Chemical peels break apart the dead cell layer and bring fresher skin to the surface, reducing pigmentation around the eyes. Microcurrent makes the under-eye area firmer while also supplying it with additional hydration. To maximize these results, a customized homecare regime is drawn up to suit your skin's specific needs.
Further, under guidance of a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist, changes in lifestyle and homecare regime ensure that you enjoy long-lasting results. With this approach, your eyes lose their tired look and are completely refreshed. This effectively reduces pigmentation around eyes and ensures that your eyes remain sparkling fresh as long as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 21 years old. I am having oily hair. I have lots of dandruff and hair fall. Please suggest any treatment what can i do?
Hello, I wanted to whiten my skin tone. Is there any medication or cream which is safe to use So that I can get fair. Please please help.
I always feel tired, gain weight, experience hair loss and in evening acidity and gases. Sometimes feel giddiness. I get my blood test done i.e. Iron 32.2 liver- aspartate aminotransferase (sgot)-46 ,alanine transaminase (sgpt) 84.8,lipid-ldl cholesterol- direct 70, tc/hdl cholesterol ratio 2.7,monocyte 0.13,basophil 0.01, hemoglobin 10.8, mean corpuscular volume 104.6 ,MCHC 26.4 ,red cell distribution width (rdw-sd) 58 ,red cell distribution width (rdw-sd) 14.8. please suggest me.
Dear Sir I have. Hair greying problem since last 1n half year and hair fall problem since last 6 months. The middle part of the hair are getting more white then the side ones So can you please recommend any medicine or any treatment for this problem as it's very seriously issues of hair.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. It can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25 but sometimes older people are also affected.
There are various factors that makes the skin prone to acne. Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Inflammation occurs in the clogged hair follicle resulting in acne. Some causes that makes your skin prone to acne are -
1. Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn?t cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
2. Stress: Stress is another major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
3. Cosmetics: Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
4. Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having certain type of allergies in my fingers. I suppose it is a sort of fungus. What should you suggest for it.
In my body had some black colors coming in legs and my back What is the reasons for it how treat this.
My skin gets tan when I go into hot sun and it my skin sensitive. Please suggest a good sunscreen and skin whitening cream.
I'm suffering from Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Tried lots of treatments like Kojic acid AHA etc but still not get desired results. Please advise.
I have some problem in my face I do not know what to do. Lot of pimples in my face so give me some suggestion for it sir.
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss:
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
Dietary modifications: It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp-related problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
- Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
- Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraaja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful to control hair fall. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I'm 22 years old male. I'm not able to grow a full beard still. Is this a problem? Can I grow beard manually, like by using any ayurvedic medicines?
Allergies are the result of the immune system’s response to foreign objects such as pet dander, pollen, certain foods, bee venom etc. In response to the allergen, the immune system produces antibodies, anticipating that the allergen is harmful in nature, even though that might not be the case always. The immune system can inflame the digestive system, skin, airways or sinuses when it comes in contact with allergens. The severity of allergies can vary from anaphylaxis to a minor irritation. In most cases, allergies cannot be fully cured. It, however, can be controlled with medication.
What are the symptoms of allergy?
- Various allergies cause different kinds of symptoms.
- Hay fever can cause sneezing, fluffy nose, itching of the eyes, nose, and mouth, swollen eyes etc.
- Food allergy can cause hives, mouth tingling, anaphylaxis, body itching etc.
- Insect sting produces symptoms such as anaphylaxis, cough, swelling on the source etc.
- Drug allergy can result in a rash, wheezing, swelling of the face, hives etc.
- Atopic dermatitis often lead to flake, itching, and reddening of the skin.
- There are other allergies that are triggered either by food or by insect bite. These can lead to a medical emergency known as the anaphylaxis. Some symptoms include skin rash, loss of consciousness, weak pulse, vomiting and nausea, shortness of breath etc.
What are the possible causes of allergy?
- Air: A number of allergies occur from the surrounding air. Examples of such airborne allergies include pollen, animal dander, mould etc.
- Food items: Certain foods are known to be causing allergy such as tree nuts, eggs, peanuts, soy fish etc.
- Medication: There are medications such as penicillin-based antibiotics that can lead to allergy.
- Insect bite: Bite from insects such as wasp or bee can trigger an allergy in adults and kids.
What are the possible complications?
Allergy often leads to complication such as asthma, infection of the lungs, sinusitis, infection of the ear and anaphylaxis. The risk of getting these conditions increase, provided no treatment is done for a long duration.
How is the diagnosis done?
To investigate the type of allergy a person has, the doctor might ask for the exact symptoms that a person is encountering. He may ask questions related to intake of food and the possible triggers. A skin test is often performed, followed by a blood test to confirm the presence of allergy in an individual.
What are the methods of treatment?
Depending on the type of allergy one has, a doctor might prescribe nasal spray, eye drops, and pills to reduce the symptoms. Apart from this, if the allergy is severe in nature, a doctor might suggest going for immunotherapy and emergency epinephrine. Certain lifestyle changes and food habits go a long way in cutting down the symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!