Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in banglore . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Bladder Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Venkateshwara Rao KYour feedback matters!
Bladder is an organ of the lower abdomen which stores urine. Though it is a problem common to both men and women, women are two times more prone to be affected than men.
The following are some of the causes that give rise to bladder pain.
- Bacterial infection or urinary tract infection is one of the common causes of bladder pain. Women are more likely to encounter uninary tract infection. It occurs if bacteria sneak in through the urethra leading to develop an infection in the urinary tract, which in turn affects the urinary bladder.
- Sometimes bladder stones can also give rise to bladder pain.
- Painful Bladder Syndrome is yet another cause, wherein your bladder holds pee after your kidneys have filtered it but before you pee it out. This condition causes pain and pressure below your belly button, causing pain in the bladder.
- Chronic pelvic pain is pain in the area below your bellybutton and between your hips that lasts six months or longer. There are multiple causes for such pain.
- Bladder cancer is another possible cause of bladder pain. If uncontrolled cancer cells are formed in the bladder, then it gives rise to bladder cancer. Bladder cancer is one of the most common cancers and generates unbearable pain in the bladder.
- Interstitial cystitis is another condition which gives rise to severe bladder pain. This condition is more commonly seen in women. The bladder becomes inflamed and irritated and the pain gets worse when the bladder is full or during menstruation. It is a chronic condition.
- Urethral stricture is another cause of bladder pain. Men are likely to be more affected by this condition. In this case, the urethra becomes inflamed and narrow creating difficulties to pass urine.
- Yeast infection also known as, Torulopsis is another cause of bladder pain.
Bladder pain can vary from being mild to severe. But, no matter what the degree of pain is, it requires serious medical attention. It is highly recommended that if you are suffering from bladder pain you must consult and seek a doctor's advice right from the beginning.