Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshwaraYour feedback matters!
I have 23 month old child he catch two much cold and running nose and he is lethargic. I want to carry on with Ayurvedic medicine pls help me out. The problem is he gets running cold every 15 days we give him regularly tulsi water but still problem come again and again.
I am 28 year old women Mujhe ek ladki hui hai Jo 2 mahine ki hai Mai use dud pila rahi thi To mujhe mere boobs mai dard hone laga To mujhe pata chala ki mere ek boobs mai ganth si ho rahi hai jisse mujhe dard hai Ye kis Baje se hai Or mai kya karu.
Researchers have revealed that seven-month-old babies have basic social skills and can understand what their parents and relatives are up to..this study says small babies not only observe their surroundings but can also understand social interactions
The results provide evidence that directly links neural responses from the motor system to overt social behaviour in infants
My baby is 5 and half months old. She consume only my breastfeed and two spoons of nestum rise. Her weight is also less that is 4, 600 kg. What shall I do to increasing her weight.
Hi, my baby boy is 22 days old but is healthy and am planning to do circumcision. Does it effect his health as he is a small baby.
My granddaughter is now 4.5 years old and 3 weeks back she suffered of some scratch in her left cheek and below ear. (not deep one) this scratch was not by injury and it appeared one morning in her cheek and spread below cheek and near ear within 2 days. Now after using medicine, the wound cured but in its place, white color markings are there. I used honey but no use, it? s still there. I afraid this white markings will go or not. Please advise.
My daughter is 36 days old ND she didn't had motion (potty) since last 48 hrs ND she is very restless (crying a lot) please suggest what to do?
Hi, I'm actually 14 years old, I'm a girl and I really need some advice now. So I have no boyfriend since birth then I don't usually go out in the house and I spent much more time with my family than friends. And I have this weird feeling that I'm pregnant, cause my nipples hurts when they're slightly touched and I have nausea early in the morning, abdominal pain, frequent urination, Thirst or a very dry mouth, Difficulty breathing and a blurred vision when I stand up, But then I also doubt that I have DKA (diabeticketoacidosis) Cause I searched in google and seems I have it's symptoms, I'm really confused, afraid and scared right now.
My daughter is 11 years old. Her height is not increasing & weight is also low. Kindly suggest me Ayurveda medicine, so it can't be harmful to her.
My son is 4 years old and he sweats a lot on his head. How do I improve his vitd count naturally. Though he has a summer cut (hair cut) he sweats a lot only on his head. As you hv mentioned in your article that this is one of the symptoms of vitd deficiency, pl let me know how can I improve his vitd count in the body.
Respected sir, my son was 9 years old he is wetting his clothes by urine while he was sleeping either day or night. Please advice me what to do. Thanking you.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
Hi. I am having 5 months baby. I am not interested in commercially available cerelac. So I prepared home made cerelac made out of (wheat, rice, corn, black grams, dry fruits, horse gram, masoor dal and moong dal). But my doubt is can I give to my 5 months old baby. Please suggest me a diet chart and the foods I can feed to my baby.
My 10 months old daughter is not feeling well since yesterday. She has a little bit fever (99 temp). Should I give her some medicine or of will be automatically cured? Pp suggest.
My son is 21 months old. In the day time he usually had a temperature of 99 - 99.3. Is this temperature normal for him. At what temperature we say which is a fever. My pediatrician told above 99.5 is the fever temperature. I am always confused because he got a fits followed with high temperature at 10 months old. I am always alert on him.
My daughter don't want to eat regular food like milk, rice, vegetables etc. We have to feed her by force and she is very skinny but active all the time.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.