Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkateshwara
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshwaraYour feedback matters!
My son is of 6 years and he is having a kidney which is smaller in size since birth. Please suggest the ill effects of the same and whether it could be ever normal in size.
One year old. He has undecendent testes. There is any medicine. Or I have to go for surgery. Is this surgery expensive. What will be the expected cost?
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
ADHD i.e. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a mental disorder that is commonly characterised by attention problems, excessive activity or difficulty in controlling one’s inappropriate behaviour, given his/her age. If ADHD occurs in an adult, the person might face significant issues in maintaining a job, managing time or being in a relationship.
In spite of being the most regularly studied and analysed mental issue in kids and teenagers, the cause, in most of the cases, remains unknown. The symptoms of ADHD might develop as one gets old. Apart from the common symptoms, the person might show signs typical to ADHD such as hyperactivity, inattention, impulsivity and disruptive behaviour as well as relationships and academic difficulties. The symptoms of ADHD need to last for about six months to be diagnosed as a disorder.
The typical management methods of ADHD include counselling or medicines, either used separately or in combination.
- Behavioural Therapies: Some of the psychological therapies used are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Focuses on changing the thinking patterns of a person that ultimately alters the way he/she generally feels
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy: IPT is a focused form of psychotherapy that involves symptomatic recovery and resolving interpersonal problems.
- Social Skills Training
- Family Therapy: Focuses on providing therapy to the individual as well as the family
- School-Based Interventions
- Parent Management Training
- Medication: Stimulant medications are the more preferred forms of medications for ADHD. They have short-term effects on the symptoms of ADHD. One such example is that of Methylphenidate. Non stimulant medicines are administered for people who indulge in compulsive or recreational stimulant use. Examples include atomoxetine, guanfacine, bupropion and clonidine. Although these medications are usually safe, over dosage can cause side-effects and contraindications.
- Diet: Modification in diet can prove beneficial for children suffering from ADHD. The benefits are usually confined to children having food sensitivities or those who are being medicated using ADHD medicines simultaneously.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!