Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh ReddyYour feedback matters!
Liver is not only the largest organ of the body but also one of the most vital. It filters blood, detoxifies chemicals, metabolizes drugs, secretes bile and also makes proteins necessary for blood clotting. Fatty Liver has become one of the most common causes of liver disease worldwide and has been recognized as a major health burden.
What is fatty liver?
Fatty liver or steatosis is the term that describes the buildup of fat in the liver. While it’s normal to have some fat in liver, more than 5 to 10 percent of liver weight is fat in case of fatty liver.
The prevalence of fatty liver has grown proportionally with the rise in obesity, sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle, improper dietary pattern, and metabolic syndrome. Subjects with significantly higher value of body mass index, waist circumference, percent body fat, total cholesterol and above normal blood pressure have more chances of having a fatty liver.
Currently, there is no drug therapy that can be formulated for treating fatty liver. A combination of dietary modifications and increased physical activity remains the mainstay of fatty liver management.
Diet to be followed:
People with fatty liver are encouraged to eat a variety of foods, choose from several food groups, and include predominantly whole grains and their products in the diet. Consuming high quality protein like eggs, lean meat like fish and chicken will help regenerate the liver cells. For the vegans complementary proteins like low fat dairy products, beans, legumes and pulses would enrich their diet. A daily serving of fresh fruits and vegetables is recommended. Unsaturated vegetable oil like safflower, sunflower or olive for cooking can be used. Plenty of water needs to be taken everyday which would help flush the liver of toxins. Combination of vitamin D, vitamin E, and omega-3 fatty acids show promise for the treatment of fatty liver.
What to avoid:
- Fried foods
- Saturated and trans fats like butter, cheese and red meat
- High fructose and high glycemic index foods like soda, potatoes, white bread etc
Fatty liver is reversible if proper adequate steps are taken and a healthy liver goes a long way in enhancing the quality and longevity of life of an individual.
I am office work person, so which type of food I will take in breakfast, launch and dinner please provide the details to me.
Dear Doctor, I am 61 years old. I am diabetic & on insulin. I have Grade 2 Prostrate Problem. I get a burning sensation when I urinate. My Penis has also shrunk & reduced in size. The outer skin of my male organ has become very sensitive & red. I can not do sex because of this. Kindly Guide.
I'm having urgent pain in abdomen. And doctor told me I am having perforation peritonitis and Dr. done operation on next day in admit in emergency.
I am healthy guy. I have a problem of pre ejaculation. And some time I was nervous and unable to get hard. Give me some suggestions. My age is 24.
Hi Doctor I need some consultation from some sexologist. Actually I am 25 years old and I'm getting less erection and and sensitivity towards sex has gone lower. Can you please suggest some medicines to get powerful erection and to increase time in sex. Please help me.
I am a professor. My age is 27. I have digestive problem. So I regularly take medicine. Please help me to cure the gastric problem.
Hello, My age is 23. I'm having tight foreskin, I heard that it is called as phimosis. So please tell me hiw to loosen my tight foreskin naturally from home. please give me the suggestion.
Hi Dr. I suffering from. Piles from. Last few days. It pains lot sometimes I can't sit also. I consult with Ms. Dr. he said do the surgery.i need suggestion is ayurveda. Or homeopathy helps to recover from piles. Plzz help. Piles Dr. From.pcmc pune.
I am 28 year old I have chest and both solders pain since last six month and uncomfortable to body of lest side like left hand left solder left leg also please give your help.
My friend had gone through operation of circumcision. He was unable to pull back his gorskin from childhood. Six month ago operation was done. After that he feel some weak erections, reduced sperm quantity, less pleasure during ejaculation. What could be the reasons. How they can be treated.
I have pcod. I am 23 years old. Because of that I have been developing fat on my tummy. Although I have not gained much weight. But I am having lot of tummy fat. How to control that?
I am 40 years old, I have psoriasis past 3 years, I contact doctor and take one year english medicine then psoriasis is remove but after 2years that disease comeback again now I take homeopathic medicine past 2 months but it is not well, The psoriasis area is both leg of sabtalar joint, both hand of palm and finger and both elbow also. This area create a sclup and itching.
Bladder is an organ of the lower abdomen which stores urine. Though it is a problem common to both men and women, women are two times more prone to be affected than men.
The following are some of the causes that give rise to bladder pain.
- Bacterial infection or urinary tract infection is one of the common causes of bladder pain. Women are more likely to encounter uninary tract infection. It occurs if bacteria sneak in through the urethra leading to develop an infection in the urinary tract, which in turn affects the urinary bladder.
- Sometimes bladder stones can also give rise to bladder pain.
- Painful Bladder Syndrome is yet another cause, wherein your bladder holds pee after your kidneys have filtered it but before you pee it out. This condition causes pain and pressure below your belly button, causing pain in the bladder.
- Chronic pelvic pain is pain in the area below your bellybutton and between your hips that lasts six months or longer. There are multiple causes for such pain.
- Bladder cancer is another possible cause of bladder pain. If uncontrolled cancer cells are formed in the bladder, then it gives rise to bladder cancer. Bladder cancer is one of the most common cancers and generates unbearable pain in the bladder.
- Interstitial cystitis is another condition which gives rise to severe bladder pain. This condition is more commonly seen in women. The bladder becomes inflamed and irritated and the pain gets worse when the bladder is full or during menstruation. It is a chronic condition.
- Urethral stricture is another cause of bladder pain. Men are likely to be more affected by this condition. In this case, the urethra becomes inflamed and narrow creating difficulties to pass urine.
- Yeast infection also known as, Torulopsis is another cause of bladder pain.
Bladder pain can vary from being mild to severe. But, no matter what the degree of pain is, it requires serious medical attention. It is highly recommended that if you are suffering from bladder pain you must consult and seek a doctor's advice right from the beginning.