Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshYour feedback matters!
When to introduce solid foods to 3 months old baby? what to give them when we start giving solid foods?
My son is ten years old. But his weight is22 and height is30 CM. I want. To know why he is not growing according. To his age group.
The study says that smartphone addiction can reduce Melatonin hormone levels which may lead to Neurodegenerative diseases later in life for children.
Melatonin hormone secreted by the pineal gland in the brain which helps regulate other hormones and maintains body's circadian Rhythm.
My daughter is two years 5 months old. I have introduced bhindi in her diet on alternate days for constipation. She has paediatric constipation. She has suffered shortly from gastroenteritis. The next day of having the vegetable she is passing a lot of stool with stomach pain. Is this indigestion? How much bhindi should I give her in her diet? please help me. I am giving her 10 to 12 pieces of cooked bhindi twice on alternate days.
Sir, my son has just entered 3 years. He weights around 12-13 kg. But he doesn't gain weight n doesn't looks plumpy. Is there anything to worry regarding my son weight? Or it's just normal?
My daughter is 5 months old. I am giving her multivitamin drops with zinc as advised by her pediatritian. Can I give her calcarea phosphorica pills in addition? please advice
My kid is 3.2 years old with a weight 13.4 kg. Concerned with his weight and physic. He is so leans, worried of his growth. He eats very moderate. Please suggest whether this is under weight. If yes, suggest to improve his hunger aspects.
I have 3 month old son and he after birth regularly goes to potty 6 to 7 or sometimes 8 to 9 but I find it normal that time but now i'm getting worried because of it I believe he's growth kind of disturb. His weight is 5.5 kg. Please give me advice it is ok or not and what should I do.
My baby is 9 months old. He was chubby and now he looks lean and his color too dull. But he is active. Please advise.
I have recently became a father of a child but my wife is not able to breastfeed my child due to very low milk being able to produce .kindly tell me the reason for it and the solution as well. please suggest asap.
Hello, My son of 3 years old keeps falling ill twice a month And runs high fever so every time doctor suggest a course of antibiotic. Like azithral cefixime and zenflox. We recently did his cbc, ultrasound of abdomen, urin test and everything comes normal. Is taking so many medicines safe. Are there any health concerns in the long run. Should we introduce pediasure or any supplement.
My baby will complete 5th month on 17th. Yesterday she did stool in evening then again in night .today also till now did 2 times watery stool. Due to this diaper rashes r visible what to do for the stool and the rashes. Please guide.
I along with my wife and 1 year old baby is suffering from cough and my baby today have vomited with cough. what should we do as I am afraiding of dengue?
Dear Doctor, I am the mother of baby girl of one and half month.. We came to know that she is having one hole of 0.53 cm perimembranous and one more hole of 0.29 cm ASD at her age of 25 days. Our paediatrician suggested no treatment at this time and she will be kept under observation for 2 years and echocardiography for every 6 months once. Mostly holes may close by their own. Now she is of 3.7kg. Feeding is in normal way and she is active also. But we are really worried about this condition. Whether her condition is very severe? Whether holes close by their own?
My baby is 8 month old. He only take lactose free milk (powder milk) whenever we have tried the normal milk then after about 20 minutes he do potty. He is not able to digest the normal milk. My question is that when can he be able to digest the normal milk because I dont want to continue the lactose free milk as its not nutritious.?
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.