Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I got normal delivery 5 months back and blessed with a baby girl I have less Brest milk to feed so I used simlac for 4 months and from 1 month I am giving buffalo milk in 1: 1 ratio. She is fine. From the last 4 Days she is not drink milk properly and not going to toilet properly. But she is not crying and play good. Can I know the reason why she is not drinking milk?
My 3 month baby till recently used to poop at least 3 times per day. But from past 15 days he poops once in 4-5 days. He becomes extremely cranky n does not sleep properly during that time. He is only on BM. Please help.
Our body has certain mind body principles. According to Ayurveda, and these are known as doshas. The three doshas include Vata, Pitta and Kapha doshas. They create an equal balance in the body and are found in every system, organ and part of the same. Vata governs a child’s creativity, communication, nervous impulses and intelligence whereas, Pitta takes care of digestion, growth, transformation and metabolism. Lastly, the Kapha takes care of calmness and serenity.
You can know about the constitutions of these three doshas with the help of an Ayurvedic expert. This way one can know what illness or problems their child might face in the future. Here are a few Ayurvedic elements that can be beneficial for your child in general:
- Ragi, rava and wheat can be added to soup or boiled with goat milk or cow milk.
- When the teeth of the child start to grow, you can give them rice gruels.
- Bocapi moneiri, pierorhiea and elitoria are herbal Ayurvedic medicines that are helpful for a child’s brain development.
- Memory and intelligence can be increased or enhanced with the help of herbs like Brahmi, Shankhpushpi etc.
In case your child is suffering from some of the common illnesses, you can opt for the following Ayurvedic treatments:
- Abdominal pain
- Ajamoda and saunf powder boiled in water and given in lukewarm water
- Jeera or Saindhav dissolved in water
- Common cold
- Tulsi juice with honey, two to three times a day
- Ginger juice sips with lime in lukewarm water
- Sharbat or bilwa fruit pulp with sugar in water.
- Pomegranate fruit powder is given with pomegranate seed juice.
- Throat infection
- Give yashtimadhu stick for chewing
- Salt and turmeric powder boiled for gargling
- Clove, sugar, saunf and puffed rice soaked in water
- Elaichi powder and yashtimadhu powder with ginger and lime powder
- vidangarishta seeds with milk
- Palash beej powder with honey for licking
Ayurveda is a natural method for healing health problems and various kinds of illnesses. It not only eliminates the disease but also creates antibodies for further use. Ayurveda causes no harm or side effects and can be taken by people of any age. The kind of medicines or remedies you need will depend on the kind and type of doshas you have.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!