Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshYour feedback matters!
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And she had completed her 1 month treatment of 3 month. And she had a 5 day period last month. Will you please tell me all the type of symptoms of getting better.
My baby has bulgam cough, how to come out that bulgam. She is one year 10 month old. doctor said that nubalize every 4 hour.
My daughter is three nd half years now. We joined her in a very reputed playschoo last month in their summer camp. The first day she was so happy and energetic. Then we decided to put her in the daycare section after the summer camp as she was happy and we both r working. But the second day I had a call from school that she is not stopping crying and come and pick her. While talking to her caretaker she told me that my daughter accidentallypied in the class room and she got embarrassed and started crying. But the next day onwards she is not willing to go to school. Crying from the evening and telling I do not want to got to school do not let me go like that. We r also so much emotionally disturbed these days. But we continued to leave her to school. Now the vaccination going. We can not find whats wrong happened. We tried alot to convince her telling lots of positive things but still she is not ready. Please give some advice.
Parenting is a lifetime job be it for a normal child or a child with special needs. Parents are teachers, guides, leaders, protectors and providers for their children. Parenting is a process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, financial and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood. Every child is a gift and a blessing to their parents. On the other hand, parenting itself is one of the toughest jobs and that too for a child with special needs, it is both a blessing and challenge.
It is a very unique experience to live with a disabled child as it has a major impact on the family, siblings and extended family members. However, discovering a problem should be the initial step to start with parenting such children. Discovering a child's special needs is often a confusing and painful process for parents as sometimes learning difficulties can be multiple and difficult to pinpoint and it can be hard for parents to know whether things are normal or not.
There are various categories of disabilities that your child might fall under. For example: Specific Learning Disability (SLD), Other Health Impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional disturbance, Speech or language impairment, Visual impairment, including blindness, Deafness, Deaf-blindness, Orthopedic impairment, Intellectual disability, Traumatic brain injury, Multiple disabilities.
Some common indications for the development of learning disabilities which can be taken into consideration
- Difficulty with reading/writing
- Problems with math skills
- Difficulty in remembering
- Problem in paying attention
- Trouble following directions
- Difficulty with concepts related to time
- Problem in staying organized
- Impulsive behavior
- Inappropriate responses in school or social situations
- Difficulty staying on task(easily distracted)
- Difficulty finding the right way to say something
- Immature way of speaking
- Inconsistent school performance
- Difficulty listening well
- Problem in understanding words or concept
But the above mentioned signs are not enough to determine that a person has a learning disability. A professional assessment is also necessary to diagnose a learning disability because every disability has its own signs and unless they persist over time cannot be considered as a 'disability'. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My 6 month old baby having fever from last night. Her temparture is fluctuating between 99F-102F. Her head and neck area is getting excessive heated up compare to her body. What should I do as its a Sunday and no doctor is available here.
My Daughter of 9 years old is suffering from Bed Wetting problem. We consulted few Allopathy and ayurvedic Hospitals but of no use. Kindly suggest me what to do to solve the problem?
Sir, my daughter is 4 years old and weight is 13 kg, has sever cough, running nose from 1 week, in night at time the of sleeping her nostrils is slightly blocked, being of this she is feeling ear pain and has fever also from yesterday.
My 3 year daughter have severe constipation problem. I have done lots of treatment to her. Allopathy, homeopathic, home based all. Still not getting my relieving. Khane main khush khas nai day daliya, dal, roti. She don't want to take any fruit. Please help.
My baby has completed her two months. Giving her Breast feeding she is passing bad smell gases n sometimes she cries n she. Is not passing stools everyday is it normal sometimes she throws torn milk also. Plzz tell.
Hello doctor मेंरी भांजी करीब I8 महीने कि हैै पर उसका विकास नही हो रहा ऐसे लगता जैसे 6 महिने की है और उस के आंरव रेटीना पहले काला था पर अब सफेद हैं जैसे मेातियाबिन्द सर क्या वो ठिक हो पायेगी या सारी जिन्दगी ऐसे ही रहेगी उसे किस डाक्टर को दिखायें उसका इलाज हो पायेगा कृपया बताये धन्यवाद
Hi , My daughter is 15 months old, she is 9.6 kgs wt, she is not at all eating anything . She even not drinking water. Pls suggest me what to do.
My baby having 5-6 times potty in a day since last 15 days. He is 4 month 1 week old. Got treatment but no effective results. Help me.
My new born baby (13 days) is crying wen I lay her in bed. She is showing irritations. She is also crying while passing urine. Is dat is a pblm pls rly.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??