Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh .kYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I have elbow pain for 2 months and Dr. said it's tennis elbow pain and some day bone problem what to do.
I having right leg nerve he swelling pain from trunk to foot. It's very painful when work is hard then trunk also pain please any solution?
I am 19 year old and I have back pain from 1 week. I thought it will ok but still the pain is same. What to do now ?
Core strengthening is more than just achieving six-pack abs. Developing strong abdominal muscles may actually help prevent back pain by making you less prone to back injuries and teaching you proper spinal alignment.
Many people have back pain—whether it's upper back pain or low back pain—and this may be partly caused by weak abdominal muscles. Since your abs are the front anchor of your spine, if they are weak, then the other structures supporting your spine (your back muscles, for example) will have to work harder. By developing stronger core muscles, you'll be less likely to injure or strain your back muscles.
Preventing back pain caused by muscle strain can be pretty simple—if you know how to avoid it in the first place. Other than maintaining good posture and developing core strength, there are a few key techniques that may help you steer clear of back pain:
• Stretch regularly: Since many of us spend most days sitting at a desk, stretching for a few minutes a day may be very beneficial.
• Lose weight if necessary: Being overweight puts extra strain on your back.
• Be sure to get enough sleep: Aim for 8 or more hours of sleep every night. As with your mind, your spine needs rest, too. It supports the weight of your back, so make sleep a priority.
• Incorporate proper techniques when lifting something: Use the strength of your legs instead of your back to lift.
The Significance of Core Strength
If you think about it, your core is in the center of your body. It needs to be strong to support the weight of your entire body, including your back and neck. Adding core strengthening to your exercise routine can help protect your back and neck. By boosting your core strength, you'll also be less likely to rely on other back pain treatments, such as medications.
It's important to incorporate exercises that work all of your abdominal muscles equally. Core exercises should involve the major muscles in your abdomen, including your internal and external obliques and the transverse abdominals.
Core Strengthening Exercises for Back Pain
Below are some examples of common abdominal exercises that can help you develop strong abs and prevent back pain.
These exercises and the number of repetitions are just suggestions. Talk to your doctor before incorporating these exercises into your exercise routine, and remember to listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right, stop immediately.
• Lie down on your stomach with your body in a straight line. Your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle and close to the sides of your body. Rest your forearms on the floor and interlace your fingers.
• Gently push your body up using your forearms. Don't' let your back drop: Keep your body in a straight line.
• Engage your core muscles during the entire movement.
• Hold this position for 30 seconds, release, and repeat 3 times. Do this move once a day.
• Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, about hip-distance apart.
• Interlace your fingers and place both of your hands behind your head with your elbows wide. Inhale and then as you exhale, use the strength of your abdominal muscles—not your neck muscles—to slowly raise your head, neck, and upper back off the floor.
• Inhale as you slowly lower your upper body to the floor, and repeat.
• Do 3 sets of 10 abdominal crunches every day.
• abdominal crunches.
• Lie down on your stomach so that your body is in a straight line.
• Place your hands on the floor so that they're a little higher than your shoulders. The position of your hands should also be wider than your shoulders. At the same time, lift your body so that you're balancing on your hand and toes.
• Keeping a straight back, lower your body to the floor by slowly bending your elbows until they're at 90 degrees. Push back up using the strength of your arms, upper back, and chest muscles, and repeat.
• Do 3 sets of 10 push-ups every day. As your body becomes stronger, you can do more repetitions.
By doing these and other core exercises every day, you'll notice that your core strength leads to overall body strength.
In addition, there are certain types of exercise that can help you develop core strength, such as yoga and Pilates.
It's also a good idea to work with a physical therapist. He or she can develop a specific exercise plan that involves core strengthening exercises and flexibility exercises to keep your spine healthy and help you maintain good posture.
Have a conversation with your doctor as well. Your doctor will let you know if there are any exercises you should avoid or that may increase your back pain. As with any exercise, if you experience increased pain while doing core strengthening exercises, stop and call your doctor or physical therapist immediately.
I am 44 years old. From every evening am feeling uncomfortable, and most of the time in the evening my back neck is aching, in the day time feel OK, and my BP is in morning when measured it is 120/80 in the evening it is 130/95. And also when I took non veg in dinner at 2.or 2.30 am feel indigestion and feel heartburn. Kindly suggest.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.
I am a 30 old man, unmarried who suffers from lower back ache almost everyday. Could you please suggest what can I do?
R/Sir I have pain in my left knee in every winter since last year. Its very painful while stand after long time sitting.
Feeling paint while walking my heel and foot on both sides while wake up and step walking feel pain feel pain also on hands bones and joints am 50 years old I have checked every thing found well feel hot at my feet while walking.
Last year i met an accident n hurt my knee..it took one month for wounds to heal but after that i hv pain .i took phsio but after fw daz again pain came bck..there is still swelling on the side of a knee
My mother is 47 year old. She is suffering neck, arm and shoulder pain. We go neurologist and orthopaedic doctor and they suggest some exercise and medicine. But the pain is not fine. Than I go physiotherapist but the pain is some time low and some day again start. What disease this? We take cervical x-ray also. Please give me better medicine.
Am suffering by back and leg pain for long time and am not able to walk long, is there any treatment for this.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.