Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh K
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh KYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 24 female, I am having a habit of eating fuller earth actually an addiction and I really want to get over with this. I even tried many times but failed ,i stop for eating some time but again I started carving .I m very depressed because of this don't know what to do. Please suggest me something so that I can get rid of this.
I was having intestinal infection and my intestines were swollen around 2 weeks back. I took medicines for 10 days with an injection called mikacin. After stopping the medicines I had stomachache again. I changed a few medicines and still I am facing stomach ache whenever I eat. Plus I get tired easily these days. I am not eating anything outside and eating fluid diets only. When and how will this end.
Is brisk walking in the evening as good as in the morning. I am not able to go for walking in the morning as I get a up at about 6.45 am and by then it is hot out there. I normally take brisk walk in the evening for 50-55 minutes and am aged 65 years. I am diabetic which is under control at present. Further can I also run though I get pain in my knees while running and get tired soon. I also do some push ups and sit ups in the morning besides a few more exercises. Are these fine for a person my age?
Erectile dysfunction is a male problem where the person cannot achieve an erection for long enough to enjoy sexual intercourse. This may be caused due to several reasons including hormonal imbalances, stress and anxiety, depression, and the presence of other chronic ailments like cardiovascular diseases and diabetes, to name a few. Diabetes is known to affect this part of the male anatomy in an adverse fashion. As per many medical studies, almost 35% to 75% of the male patients suffering from this condition will end up with erectile dysfunction as a symptom at some point. Read on to know more about erectile dysfunction or impotence, and its link with diabetes.
- Causes: So why exactly do men with diabetes land up with erectile dysfunction? This is due to the fact that diabetes often impairs the functions in the vital nerves, blood vessels and several muscles. This hinders the stimulation process which helps in achieving an erection and holding it for long enough. Male nerves and hormones are all linked with this function, which may get hindered due to the presence of diabetes. These hormones and nerves as well as the blood vessels, help in controlling the erection as well, once it has been achieved. When these portions are impaired, there is less blood flow which leads to either non responsiveness or the inability to retain an erection even after a satisfactory response has been achieved.
- Oral Medication: Men who are suffering from diabetes and have a problem of getting and holding an erection can turn to oral medication as prescribed by the doctor. The medicines include Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Avanafil or even Vardenafil.
- Heart and Medication: Often, diabetes is tied crucially with heart disease. Therefore, before taking any such medication, the patient must get a doctor's opinion regarding the patient’s heart condition. In case there is any heart problem or cardiovascular disease in sight, then the doctor must dissuade the patient from taking any of the above mentioned medicines as it may lead to a fatality. Also, if the patient is already on medication for the heart, then these medicines can cause some serious side effects when they interact with the heart medication.
- Other Treatment:Patients who are suffering from diabetes and erectile dysfunction may also try other forms of treatment including intracavernous injection therapy as well as vacuum erection devices without any constriction at play. Also, the patient can be asked to use penile prosthese that are inflatable and malleable.
In many cases, stress is seen as a major problem for people suffering from chronic diseases. Sex therapy can be used by the patient to get over this stress and enjoy a normal sex life without impotence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Why you should opt for homeopathic treatment for Eczema.
Eczema is a very common skin condition that can be identified by reddening of skin, feeling of itchiness in the infected area, appearance of scaly and dry patches of skin. This disease is mostly caused due to skin inflammation or irritation. If a person is suffering from chronic eczema, he or she would experience recurrent skin rashes. Most common type of eczema is “Atopic dermatitis”. Atopic refers to a group of diseases with an inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever.
Eczema can be treated in many ways, but opting for homeopathy treatment proves to be most beneficial. This mostly happens as homeopathy mostly considers that each person is unique and should be given treatment specific to his/her health needs and addresses the problem accordingly.
Here are some of the advantages of using homeopathy treatment for eradicating eczema.
1. Provides long term cure
Traditional homeopathy effectively provides relief from conditions and prevents them from coming back. The approach of treatment followed by homeopathy is to provide remedies matching an individual’s physical, emotional, genetic and medical conditions rather than providing a common treatment for a specific set of symptoms. This approach effectively works on many skin conditions like eczema and starts showing visible results within a few weeks. More importantly, it ensures that you don’t experience the symptoms again.
2. Excellent for eliminating chronic conditions
Homeopathic medicines prove to be excellent in treating chronic diseases whose symptoms have been recurring over the years. We often find that the cause of an allergy is a hyperactive immune response of our body. In Homoeopathy, instead of treating the symptoms of allergy, we try to treat the very basic cause of the problem and set right the immune system. Once the immunity is in order and stops over reacting to ordinary stimuli, the allergy is cured and so are the symptoms of eczema. This is where Homeopathy has an edge over other branches of medicine. Homeopathy treatment of eczema does not believe in suppressing the disease, but curing the disease from its root cause, thereby causing permanent cures.
3. Doesn’t have any side-effects
Another advantage of using homeopathy to treat eczema is that you don’t have to experience any side effects as these medicines don’t contain any toxic substances.
4. Doesn’t have any negative impact on your immunity
Unlike allopathic drugs, homeopathic medicines don’t harm the immune system of your body. They have a gentle effect on your body. In addition to this, these medicines are responsible for stimulation of your body’s self-healing mechanism, which adds to its efficacy against diseases like eczema.
5. It is affordable and non-addictive
Homeopathic medicines are available at low prices and can be stored for a long time without affecting their effectiveness. Moreover, they aren’t addictive and once you recover from eczema or any other disease, you can stop taking them easily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.