Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I am currently suffering from pain in my right foot muscle in middle and sides. And there is no injuries happen to me in recent times. So I just wonder what is the possible reasons behind it and that can I do at home to get relief.
Hello doctor, i'm dinesh 34yrs male, I get swelling in my right leg from ankle joint upto knee. I get this when my weight goes beyond 86kgs, when I ride bike, travel in bus (sitting posture) standing for long time. I dont get swelling if I wlk for 10kms also. I hv done doppler, filaria, mri, blood test, ecg etc. Dont know the reason for my swelling. Please help me.
I am 23 year old, I have back pain from ladt couple of months. Whenever I woke up in morning my back start paining. What should to do now, any suggestions will be appreciated.
If I takes little tension then i. Feel problems in nervous system and muscles feel pain in nerves specially in head and stiffness in muscles in leg.
I am 20 years old man and I have backpain all the time I used pain relief ointment but nothing happens.
I have back pain from past three days and I don't know what to do know now so. Please suggest me as soon as possible its getting worse and I am confirmed please help me.
I am 29 year old male and I have back pain for last 2 months. I have used pain relief cream for couple of days but haven’t got any relief. What should I do now? please advice me. Thanks in advance.
My husband is 26 years old, nowadays he had a back ache, he used meftal forte ointment but temporary relief only, he is working in IT firm, almost 8 hrs in sitting position. Pls provide good remedy.
I am 19 years old man I'm suffering from knee pain for last 8 months and I'm consider some doctors they suggest to do so .plz help me.
Hi. I'm suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for last four years. I m under treatment of rheumatologist. For last two years i'm taking hydroxychloroquinol sulphate 400. Having pain in left knee and fingers. My question is will this medicine cure my disease? i'm male 36 years. Unmarried.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.