Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Homeopaths online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesan
Submit a review for Dr. VenkatesanYour feedback matters!
I had a septoplasty 9 days ago. Still my nose blocked? And I have a fever and chill continuously. Today I can see pus or green dot inside nose septum. I want to know why I have fever and nose blocked. Pls reply is it due reinfection? And so much cough coming from nose whole day? Why pls reply.
Hi I'm md Riyaz and I'm 27 year old height 5 feet 6 inches weight 42.5 kg I want to increase my body weight please give me a tip how increase my weight and I have smoking habit also.
My wife is suffering from arthritis since 2 years and having 102 kg weight. I consulted many doctors (allopath and ayurveda) but she could not get relief from the pain till date. She has taken weight loss medicines (dieting food i. E proteins) please advice me for proper treatment so that she can get relief from the pain.
To help indians keep their hair healthy, dermatologists recommend the following tips:
1. Wash hair once a week or every other week: this will help prevent build-up of hair care products, which can be drying to the hair.
2. Use conditioner: use conditioner every time you wash your hair. Be sure to coat the ends of the hair with conditioner, as the ends are the oldest and most fragile part of your hair.
3. Use a hot oil treatment twice a month: this adds additional moisture and elasticity to your hair.
4. Use a heat protecting product before styling: adding this to wet hair before styling will help minimize heat damage.
5. Use caution with relaxers: to minimize hair damage, always go to a professional hair stylist to ensure that the relaxer is applied safely. Touch-ups should only be done every two to three months and only to newly grown hair. Never apply relaxer to hair that has already been relaxed.
6. Use ceramic combs or irons to press hair: if you would like to press or thermally straighten your hair, use a ceramic comb or iron and only do so once a week. Use a straightening device with a dial to ensure the device is not too hot. Use the lowest possible temperature setting that gives you the style you want. A higher temperature may be necessary for thicker, coarser hair.
7. Make sure braids, cornrows or weaves are not too tight: if it hurts while your hair is being styled, ask the stylist to stop and redo it. Pain equals damage.
Reference: american academy of dermatology.
I was diagnosed hypothyroidism recently one month back. T3 normal and t4 normal. But tsh 15.20. Now I am using 50 MCG tab. Now my results was came 2.27 tsh. I don't want take life long medicine. What I do?
I had unprotected sex on 3rd day of period then I took only one dose of ipill within 5 hrs but the withdrawal bleeding didn’t occur I took an ipill 6 days ago what should I do now?
Also referred to as runner’s knee, Patellofemoral pain commonly affects individuals who take part in sports involving jumping and running. Patellofemoral pain syndrome refers to acute pain and discomfort in the front part of the knee. The knee pain is often worse when a person is running, walking down the stairs, or sitting for a long span of time. The syndrome leads to a dull and aching pain in the front part of the knee which often gets worse with time if left untreated.
Causes of Patellofemoral Pain:
There is no certainty as to what causes patellofemoral pain and instability. Some of the most common causes include:
Jumping and running exert pressure repetitively on the knee joint which may lead to irritation under the kneecap.
2. Muscle weakness and imbalance:
Patellofemoral pain may occur when the muscles around the hip, as well as the knee, don’t allow the kneecap to be properly aligned. Also, the inward movement of the knee during a squat has been associated with this type of pain.
If the kneecap has undergone any injury which may include a fracture or a dislocation, it may lead to patellofemoral pain.
5. Associated problems with patellofemoral pain:
When patellofemoral pain affects a person, they are likely to suffer from other associated problems which are mentioned below:
6. Lateral patellar compression syndrome:
Chronic knee pain in the front part of the leg is often related to overload and an increase in pressure on the lateral zones of the knee. It leads to an excessive lateral tilt with reduced mobility along with miserable triad. Normally it causes acute discomfort while walking up or down the stairs.
7. Recurrent dislocation patella:
This problem is not quite common, but it can be congenital or developmental. Some of the most common causes of this disorder include ligaments laxity, lateral soft tissue contracture, and muscular imbalance. The common symptoms of recurrent dislocation patella include swelling and intense pain.
8. Patellofemoral arthritis:
Patellofemoral arthritis affects the underside of the kneecap and the groove where the patella rests in. It leads to unbearable pain in the anterior part of the knee making it difficult to kneel down or climb any stairs, or even squat. It occurs when the articular cartilage along the trochlear groove wears down and become swelled and inflamed.
For most people, the treatments of patellofemoral pain are successful in dealing with the symptoms without needing to undergo surgery. You must consider the opinion of a doctor who can help in overcoming these issues to a considerable extent. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!