Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Venkata SwamyYour feedback matters!
One of my friend is affected by dengue recently. His platelet count was 90000/cumm. .it raised to 1.5 lakh and again 1.0. Also SGOT level is increasing higher to 80. Fruits, juices, and all boil food items are maintained in the diet. What should be done more to increase the platelet count fast.
I have undergone Hernia surgery near testis last year. If I go to gym for work outs, will it have any impact?
Hlo Dr. First of all sorry for this disgusting question. My question is like this. Does regular oil massage to penis helps to stay long in bed? If yes then which oil should I prefer. Please suggest the name and brand. Thanx.
Hi i'm 36 years old i'm suffering gastric problem and having chest pain when I am in stress ,body unbalance ,not clearly see in the night headache problem don't have spec I consult the Doctor & my treatment is under gastrology please suggest me what is dis problem? Because of all this i'm facing problem in my married life.
I am suffering from fever from last 10 days. I take medical check up but not get well soon. Please tell me best advice.
Dear sir I often get cold and fever easily also I often get severe pain in back what is best medicine for me.
I am 16 yr. I am getting frequent arousals in public. Due to which I feel very shy and uncomfortable. I Any1 please suggest some ways to prevent or hide it.
Hi I am 22 whenever I have sex with my gf my sperms come out soon also when I kiss her and seduce her my pant turns wet I am unable to satisfy her as my erection is not for long how do I cope up with this?
As the saying goes, it is all in the mind. This is very true especially when it comes to physical intimacy, where though the body plays a major role, the mind is what drives it completely. In surveys, it has been found that people enjoy sex the most when they are in a happy mood. It is very common to find people not even think about sex when they are upset and depressed.
In both male and female sexual dysfunctions, stress is the most common cause. Stress, for whatever reasons, affects sexual life and relationships in the long run. There are some strong connections between how stress affects sexual performance. Read on to know how the human body reacts to stress, which also explains the strong connection between sex and stress.
- Body image: When a person is stressed, there are effects like overeating, which lead to poor body image. These reduce the tendency to have sex, as the person’s self-image does not remain very positive.
- Hormone changes: Stress also affects the pituitary gland, which is the master gland controlling all other hormones. The thyroid, adrenals, and other male/female hormone producing organs are affected, thereby, affecting the entire cycle of menstruation, ovulation, and fertility.
- Stress hormone: The hormone cortisol (known as the stress hormone) is produced by the body when a person is in stress. When these are constantly produced as in the case with people who are constantly stressed, the production of sex hormones is reduced, thereby reducing libido.
- Blood circulation: Stress causes vasoconstriction or narrowing of blood vessels, which reduces blood flow to the target organs. Reduced blood flow to the sexual organs translates to lesser amount of sex.
- Lifestyle changes: Some of the ways a person tries to manage stress is through excessive smoking, eating, drinking, and drug abuse. All these spell doom for a sex life, and may even cause irreparable damage to relationships. Smoking has been shown to be a major cause of impotence. Drinking leads to dehydration, which affects lubrication and therefore leads to painful sex, which may not be continued. Binge eating not only tires a person, but also leads to obesity, which again is not inviting for sex.
- Unhealthy relationships: When the person around is not nice to be with, it becomes a deterrent. Imagine someone who is stressed constantly, throws tantrums, has temper outbursts, and is generally cribbing and unpleasant. There is no doubt that the partner is not going to be happy with someone like that.
So, while sex is mostly thought of as an act of pleasure, it may not be the case always. There is a vicious cycle between stress and sex, which definitely can be managed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.