Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. VenkannaYour feedback matters!
My husband is addicted of alcohol and tobacco from many years at least more than 10. He becomes a different person after having more of it. His mother used to brush her teeth with the tobacco powder. From there I think he has developed the habit. Is there any thing to get rid of it.
Just now I have overcome with jaundice, now my S. B total is 0.63 please suggest me what precautions should I take n how can I recover my health as early.
Hi, I am Krishna aged 26, suffering from through ulcer. What is best suggestion to get rid of this? I am struggling to take food, struggling to speak struggling to drink.
Hi, I have issue with sleeping time. Due to winter my sleeping schedule has been changed. In winters I usually wake at 8 but back in summers my schedule was 4 am and now I am unable to wake up 4: 00 am and also I sleep at 12 am whereas earlier I used to sleep at 10: 00 to 10: 30 pm. Kindly advice as I feel irritated and I always try to wake up on time but failed after few days.
My father is 83 years old. He is suffering from cough last few days & also been in hospital. He is also having breathing problem since long time. Dr. Has prescribed PIPERACILIN & TAZOBACTAM 4.5g. 3 times daily for 7 days for the chest infection. But getting no improvement, after usage of 4 days.
My 3 months kid is having cough and cold from past one and half week, first I had cold then my husband got cold, from past two days she is having slight fever of 99 , I got her examined Dr. gave her nasoclear and maxtrin, drops , is it normal fr a kid to have such long viral infection.Please tell.
I am 27 year male and I am suffering from acidity feo 2 month please advise what medicine for acidity.
I am a diabetic patient and recently my gall bladder was removed. What type of food habits I have to follow to keep good health.
I am suffering from piles. It is may be type 2 or type 3. It do not hurt and stay inside. Sometimes it comes outside. Is it can be cure without operation?
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.