Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. VenkannaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, My hand was shivering too when get mentally pressure that time, happy, and sad moment all time how to stop that, now doing be final year next waiting to job medically nit fit please help me.
I'm not able to pass my stool property and I also have mouth sores. I'm also very tensed because I'm very thin.
Please help me I have a lot of problem due to increase in life Such as leg pain, Stomach pain, body pain etc So I kindly request to you please give me proper solution thanks Sir.
Sir, my friend is 21 year old he is suffering from back pain for last 4 years, when pain starts his whole body stop means shunn.
Hello sir, I am suffering from headache a doctor tell you have migraine. Please tell me what should i do?
She is feeling like vomiting frm last few days. She also suffered chronic loose motions since last 3 days. What it could be?
I am doing masturbation from my young age. At present my age is 26, now I am not able to do intercourse with my wife as my penis is not getting proper erection. Now I totally stopped doing masturbation, still my penis is not getting proper erection. Please advise on this. Also please tell me the suggestion to overcome from this issue. Kindly help.
In my heart for the past six months a feeling like pressing needles pain. It will last up to 1 minute. What is the problem. Which doctor I have to consult. My body is so soft even when I am having tea in a cup my hands are paining.
I m 19 years old and have severe head ache since 3 days. I am not able to sleep the whole night please help. And also my back starts aching and eyes burn. What should I do?
I have headache. When I walk more than 15 minutes after this I have start headache. Please suggest me that what should I do?
My 5 month dog bite me and it caused a small wound. Is it cause any infection or cause any severe problem?
I am 51 years, and have Heart patient. My Heart wave (one) size is 1.3 mm Doctors sujust for open heart operation and change the wave. Please advise.
Hi My father is suffering from angina pain (no stroke) n he got the angiography done for it. The result says that he is having nearly 100% blockage in his left artery n 75-30% in his other two arteries. So the Dr. Recommend for the bypass surgery only n said no other options (angioplasty/stent/balloon) can be done in this case. Now, we want to get it double check in some other hospital to see if surgery could be ruled out with some different results. Now here comes my question. We want to get the angiography done again to verify the earlier result. But from the different hospital this time. Is it possible for him to get angiography done twice within a short duration of says 20-25 days? Any insight or a candid advice on this will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see some expert's comment on this please. Thanks a lot. Regards, Hiral.
I have masturbated daily for last two months. I am bit afraid, if it effects. So can you tell me it will effect in my body or not.
Recently I had sex with my gf. We didn't had intercourse but still she thinks there was a contact between our parts and she's worried that she may conceive. It was 15th day after her periods. Considering the fact my sperm was out but not in contact with her. Is there any possibility that without intercourse even touching of those things may cause this?
Hello Doctor, My forehead veins are swollen near the right temple. I had another one too on the left, but it's gone now. My head often aches from the childhood and I have got sinus too. The bring swells sometimes more and my head also aches. I am a regular smoker, drink around thrice a week and sleeps around 5-6 hrs in weekdays and 7-8 hrs in weekends.
Pneumonia is a lung infection that affects one or both lungs. It can be triggered by bacteria, virus or fungi and causes inflammation in the lung’s air sacs that make it difficult to breathe. Pneumonia can range from a mild infection to being a life threatening condition. This severity depends on the age and general health of the patient along with the cause of the inflammation and type of infection.
Pneumonia can be classified in many ways. There are three main types of pneumonia based on the type of microbe that causes the infection; bacterial, viral and mycoplasmic pneumonia.
- Bacterial Pneumonia: Streptococcus pneumonia is the most common cause of bacterial pneumonia. It can affect people at any age and can develop on its own or be triggered by flu. A weak immune system increases the risk of suffering from this condition. Breathlessness and pain while breathing are some of the symptoms associated with this type of pneumonia.
- Viral Pneumonia: When it comes to young children and the elderly, pneumonia is often caused by respiratory viruses. This type of pneumonia is short lived but the virus that triggers the infection can be fatal. Viral pneumonia can be extremely harmful to pregnant women and individuals with heart or lung issues.
- Mycoplasma pneumonia: This is also known as atypical or walking pneumonia. It affects people of all age groups but is commonly seen in cases where the patient is below 40 years of age. Mycoplasma pneumonia cases are usually mild with a persistent cough being the most prominent symptom.
Pneumonia is not always caused by microbes. Aspiration pneumonia can be contacted by inhaling a foreign object such as food, drinks or regurgitated food into the lungs. This type of pneumonia affects the elderly and people under sedation or anesthesia. Along with breathing difficulties, it also causes a decreased gag reflex and difficulty swallowing food.
Though it is not possible to completely prevent pneumonia, the risks of contacting this disease can be easily lowered. Some of the steps you could take to lower your chance of suffering from this disease are:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from viral infections like flu, colds, etc.
- Wash your hands often to prevent the spreading of viruses and bacteria
- Stop smoking and avoid exposure to second hand smoke
- Get vaccinated against the bacteria that cause pneumonia
- Get vaccinated against flu to prevent seasonal colds
- Exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.