Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. VeereshYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 25 years old, I have been masturbating since 5 years daily. I used to masturbate 3 to 4 times a day. Now I have a severe hair loss and I am feeling like I am loosing my memory as I hardly remember things. And my penis have also bulged and small. Is masturbating excessively is the reason for this or there are any other reasons for this? If yes, can you tel me the remedy for this so that I can improve my memory and remedy for my hair growth and also my penis growth.
Please tell me the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist and the whole procedure please.Please tell.
I am male 49 years. Since last 1 months feeling burning sensation in buttocks (not anus) while sitting in office chair / bike specially more when bladder is full and goes after urination. USG done not found any abnormality, kidney, bladder, prostates normal. Urine routine normal only pus cells 3-4. The sensation is not appearing while sleeping or at home during holidays or while driving car. No constipation or piles problem. Request advise the probable cause for this problem and remedial measures.
I'm suffering from depression since many years nd sometimes recovering nd again going to depression as I'm hyper sensitive. I hav attempted to suicide 2 times .I always get -ve thoughts. People say I'm soo innocent. I hate people too.&i m very calm. I fed up with people. I dnt want stay in world. please help me.
My wife is affected with depression since last two years. She is taking Olenenge, quitapine-100mg, monohaxcy, gypsedone once in the night for the last two years. She has recouped to certain extent but feeling weak & slipping. Kindly advise whether to continue that or not . She does not want to talk to her sister, father, mother or brother.
I am now 19 years old and I feel depressed many time in a day by different reason like after masturbation, about future carrier, about hair loss and many more So I have several question How can I live depress free life? What happen when someone get depressed all the time? Pls help me to give the detail answer. Plsssss.
Sir. I' m 19 yrs old, engineering student I am unable to control my anger even in moderate situation from last 3 month it is getting worse that making me secluded from my parents too. And affecting my studies. How can I get rid of it?
What are the health risks of smoking (or smokeless tobacco) for me personally? How many cigarettes can I smoke daily?
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.