Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Veeresh KYour feedback matters!
I am right now 27 years old. I am preparing for government job but could not able to concentrate properly. Unwanted thoughts are always pouring on my mind. Hallucination problem always affect my decision taking ability. Sometime I started talking with my mind. Masturbation becomes compulsion. Suggest me solution so right now I can concentrate only in my studies.
I have headache from so many days and body pain also. please Tell me what can I do for this problem.
Hi. I am unable to concentrate for longer time. I can not keep focus for long. Also I sleep in lectures. Please help to increase concentration in studies.
When I try to prepare myself for an interview by anticipating questions in advance which interviewer will going to ask, mind starts doing over thinking and goes out of control, due to this, the knowledge that I acquire about my field or role takes a back seat and fear starts rising and everything becomes complex. Appreciate if someone can suggest a technique to overcome the same. Thanks in advance.
I am 44 male, after my schooling, I started smoking. Initially I started with 4,5 puffs from friends cigarette, it slowly gain and I reached, 4,5 packs, 40-50 cigarettes a day, got bronchitis within 5 or so years. Got treated, dropped my cigarette intake to 80-90 %. Started Guthka that time the cheap one available, like 'Tirangaa' and'555' (brand names ), and I still take it but now the expensive one. Due to some domestic problem in my family, I found some dark and ugly ways to avoid those of my haunting 24*7*365*15 (read, hour, week,year and 15 years) I took to heavy drinking and drugging. I kept drinking for 6 years approx, so much that my hands started to shake if alcohol not consumed. Somehow somehow somehow I shunned drinking, and drugging, after 6 years of heavy uses. But now, from last one year I started to take drugs again in the form of a cough suppressant named'Corex'which I usually consume 100 ml * 3 times a day. I want to overcome it as soon as possible. These things has immensely impacted my married and sexual relationship with my wife. My history is above, treatment needed is, how can I wipe out all the bad effects and side effects already running in my biological systems? Sorry for such a long question, but I couldn't explain it in short. Thanking you.
What is grasping power? Somebody's telling me there's no grasping power to u. Small of thinks I can get a tension so which doctors I want to consult it's please suggest a good psychologist.
I don't know I think I am in depression all the time because of all the failure that I have faced. I am not able to concentrate on my studies thats why. What should I do?
I have headech, pain sometime in stomach , chest back , chest shoulder neck , ear , somthing dtrange feel on tongue neck
I am 50 years old. MBA. Was involved in the Corporate World last 24 years in MNC's with good pay. Last 2 years I had to quit job since I was transferred out and due to aged parents I had to quit. I started my own business in towers construction thru some contacts. But it is taking time to settle. my expenses which I can not curtail. The reason for my sudden depressions is this. How do I over come this? I am working hard day and night. I go to sleep at 2.00 pm since I work. But I need to develop it faster. Please advise.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence.