Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I and my boyfriend had sex on 14th August and there was no ejaculation of serum in my vagina. Actually my periods should be on 24th August but there was a delay in my periods till today. Even I had my pregnancy test and it was shown negative result. Then what is the reason for delay of period? Is that because of stress or Should I wait for sometime! what is the medicine to be taken for unnatural periods? And also I have a problem like an infection in vagina I feel like itching and white discharge of fishy smell. What does that indicate? Is that harmful? Or should have a medicine for that also? If so what medicine is to be taken?
I am suffering from breast pain for last few days. The pain is not stable some time its pain in one place some time another. I am taking tablet well woman for 5 days but can't relief. Pls suggest what can I do.?
I had a sex last month 6 march after I had taken ipill. After 2 days I had periods for 6 days. But in dis month periods is not coming. So is der any changes to get pregineny.
Respected sir my wife feel tired after do some work, I have two kids both are born by cesarean operations. Pls tell me what can I do.
The word metabolism is the manner in which food is processed and used by the body. Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions, which are caused due to altered metabolism. They increase the chance of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity in a person.
When a person has one of these, it puts them at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome. However, lifestyle changes can help the onset of metabolic syndrome and reduce the gravity of the situation.
Factors that put you at risk of contracting a metabolic syndrome
There are 5 major risk factors, which can indicate if a person would develop a metabolic syndrome.
Increased blood sugar: If the fasting blood sugar is consistently high, it could be the early indication of diabetes.
Increased blood pressure: When the heart constantly exerts pressure to pump blood through the arteries, it can be damaging in the long run.
Excessive fat around the waistline: Fat around the belly (pear shaped body) is more harmful than fat around the hips. This abdominal obesity is an indicator of metabolic syndrome.
Abnormal cholesterol level: There are good and bad cholesterols (HDL and LDL respectively). When the HDL level is low, the chances of the heart to build plaque are increased, which can lead to heart failure, stroke, etc.
High level of triglyceride: Increased triglyceride levels also put one at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
Complications: Some of the complications of having a metabolic syndrome include hypertension, diabetes, stroke, heart failure and fatty liver. It is a complicated and vicious cycle where there is increased pressure on all the vital organs, but they are unable to perform to their optimal levels. There is a narrowing of the blood vessels due to the plaque accumulation, which slows blood flow to all organs leading to the sluggishness of the whole system.
While the bad news is that metabolic syndrome is on the rise with changing lifestyles, the good news is that with some planning and effort, it can be prevented and severity reduced. It requires discipline, commitment, and dedication.
1. Diet: Eating healthy with more of whole grains, less of red meat, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and a heart-healthy diet can go a long way in managing the metabolism.
2. Exercise: Regular moderate exercise can help avoid accumulation of fat and burn the extra calories consumed.
3. Smoking: One should quit smoking, as it can help in many ways and helps in managing the body’s metabolism is one of them.
4. Alcohol: Avoid consuming excessive alcohol as it helps in managing body’s metabolism.
5. Stress management: Finding good ways to manage stress (be it music, meditation, yoga, or exercise) can help control harmful ways of stress management like drinking alcohol and smoking.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.
1. It’s antimicrobial!
Storing contaminated water in copper for up to 16 hours at room temperature considerably reduces the presence of the harmful microbes, so much that the researchers inferred that “copper holds promise as a point-of-use solution for microbial purification of drinking-water.
An additional study from university of south carolina researchers explored the purifying power of copper, finding that “antimicrobial copper surfaces in intensive care units (icu) kill 97% of bacteria that can cause hospital-acquired infections,” resulting in a 40% reduction in the risk of acquiring an infection. The research was done in a hospital icu. The research found that the rooms with copper-surfaced objects had less than half the infection incidence than those rooms without copper.
2. It’s a great brain stimulant.
Our brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another through an area known as the synapses. These neurons are covered by a sheath called the myelin sheath that acts like a sort of conductive agent – helping the flow of impulses. How does copper figure here you ask? well, copper actually helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the formation of these myelin sheaths. Thereby, making your brain work much faster and more efficiently. Apart from that copper is also known to have anti-convulsive properties (prevents seizures).
3. It aids in weight loss.
If diet just doesn’t seem to be helping you lose weight, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel on a regular basis. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently.
4. It slows down aging.
If you are worried about the appearance of fine lines, copper is your natural remedy! packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights off free radicals – one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines – and helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
5. Copper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints. In addition to that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
6. It can fight off cancer.
Copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer. According to the american cancer society the exact mechanism of how copper helps prevent the onset of cancer is still not known but some studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
I am 46 year old and completed my period .I am gaining. Weight very fast so how to boost metabolism.
I am 22 years old &my blood group is a negative my husband blood group ia a positive first pregnancy mai I take medicine mt kit & my periods is regular second pregnancy possible hoti hai.
I have absolutely low sex drive don't feel like doing anything and I have been married for 6 months, I am always tired it's difficult to get up in the morning and I sleep as soon as I hit the bed. It's pretty depressing as my wife is also pretty sad.
Hello doctor, I need to postpone my periods for 4 days. Iam a 24 year old married girl. Can you please suggest me a pill to extend my periods? Will it cause any side effects? Will it cause any after effects like difficulties in getting pregnant? Please help.
- Sometimes people eat and drink too much, but they do not gain weight and they look very thin. First you know about those things that are necessary to your health and try to understand the reasons why your body are not getting weight properly. Let's some causes of thinness and their prevention.
Causes of your thinness may be many kind of bad habits or low appetite or digestive system not working properly.
You may gain good weight and get rid off of thinness by switch off your bad habits or by consuming natural appetisers like ginger before meal or by improving your digestive system to this you can drink lemon/alovera water in morning.
The secret of good health is not eating more but digest more whatever you eat. Every morning after defecation do pranayama and yoga specially kapal bhati. Then whatever you eat your body can be absorb. You can feel difference in your body within few months.
Causes and complications of pain during intercourse
Sexual intercourse may result in a feeling of pain during or post sex. There are a lot of reasons such as allergic reactions or psychological reasons so as to why one may feel pain from sexual intercourse. Symptoms of pain affect both and women equally.
Pain from sex (for women) can be caused due to the following reasons.
1. If the women have reached menopause it makes the vagina dry. This can cause modifications in hormones that restrict the vagina from being wet during sex and causes pain.
2. Infections such as genital herpes (a viral disorder) or gonorrhea (a bacterial disorder in the vaginal skin) can cause pain during sex.
3. If the passage in the vagina is narrow then it can cause pain during sex.
4. Allergic reactions from latex used in condoms can cause irritation in the genital region that may cause pain.
Pain from sex in men can be caused due to,
1. Infections in the penile area such as thrush which results in the irritated skin cause pain during sex.
2. One of the most common cause of pain during sex is a tight foreskin.
3. Inflammation of the prostate may cause difficulties such as pain during sex.
4. Damage to the foreskin covering the penis may cause a sharp and stinging pain during sexual intercourse.
If the symptoms are exaggerated and persist then it is recommended to consult a medical professional. In the case of itchiness and unusual discharges from the genitals, an STI (sexually transmitted infection) test is carried out. Another common treatment is using lubricants during sex to get rid of the dryness that is causing the pain. In the case of allergic reactions, it is recommended to test the products before using them.