Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SagarYour feedback matters!
We had intercourse 1 month back, her period dates are late by 20 days, pregnancy test is showing negative. What it a reason for late periods?
I am a girl age 21 my weight is just 44. I am suffering from thyroid from last 3 years n my weight is decreasing rapidly. What kind of diet should I take which can increase my weight. N I have hair loss problem. What steps should I take.
Hi, I am 6 weeks pregnant. I am doubted that whether can I take head bath frequently or it is restricted. How many times in a week I can take head bath. Please suggest me.
It is common for most of us to wonder how some celebrities just don't seem to age, both in terms of looks and physique. It is not easy and requires in addition to a lot of hard work, loads of determination and self-constraints to achieve that. however, different bodies react differently to different food items and there is no one size that fits all. Though media claims and promotes various celebrity diet plans, but a word of caution. A detailed physical examination and discussion should be done with your dietician to identify what will work best for you. Listed below are some things that has helped celebrities to lose weight.
- Regular, well balanced meals: It is popular belief and advise that eating regular, small proportioned meals with the right mix of protein, carbs, and fats is the best way to lose weight. Of course, there have to be supplements to this including a good workout regime, reduced alcohol, reduced refined sugars, etc., but most people believe starving to be skinny is not the healthy way to go. Another good rule to follow is the 80/20 rule that is enforce discipline and let 80% of your food be nutritious and 20% can be damaging (chocolate cake included!). Most would also set a daily intake target and keep a count of the calories that are ingested.
- Increased fiber: Be it greens or vegetables, fruits, or dry fruits, added fiber makes you feel full and reduces the amount of food ingested. Atkins diet, which pumps your body with fiber for 3 consecutive days helps by flushing out a lot of toxins and is one of the most widely followed detox diet plans.
- Flush out with Lime Juice: Beginning your day with a glass of lime juice and warm water is supposed to flush out the toxins and reduce weight. Adding ginger and mint is believed to make this work better.
- Replace red meat with chicken: While chicken is believed to increase the protein intake levels, reducing red meat is believed to help reduce weight.
- Do away with the dairy: A lot of dairy products, which forms the main source of proteins, especially for vegetarians is believed to add to the weight. If weight loss is your goal, then dairy should stay out of your food diary.
A lot of celebrities also use natural boosters and suppressants to reduce appetite. Removing alkaline food items from your menu, gluten laden foods, alcohol, refined carbs, are followed as well. Weight loss supplements are another option, but should be used only under supervision and as a last resort. As mentioned, celebrity diet patterns should not be followed blindly. They are highly personalized and seek advice before adapting it.
DAY/RIGHT OVARY /LEFT OVARY 10th/13mm×12mm/Multiple small follicles 12th /13mm×12mm/Multiple small follicles 16th /13mm× 12mm /Multiple small follicles 19th / 13mm ×12mm /Multiple small follicles ENDOMETRIUM 5mm-7mm POD Clear These reports good /bad sign please suggest me.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.
In modern life, the word stress is not new. Almost everybody is in stress, be it financial, personal or professional. According to Ayurveda, stress is that situation of your mind when it is imbalanced. If you are not under stress, then your mind will be relaxed and stable, and it can perform everyday activity normally. Hence, when you are under stress, Ayurveda has a solution for you to relieve you from stress and lead a normal life.
5 ways through which you can deal with stress with the help of Ayurveda are:
- Take a Bath: Although bathing is your daily habit, yet by bathing you can control your stress levels. When you take a bath, it helps your body to release tension and relax the nervous system. While bathing, you can add 1/3 cup ginger powder to the water. This will increase the healing and relaxation process. You can also take Epsom salt bath as that too will help you to relax and cleanse.
- Practice Oil Pulling: For removing the natural toxins from your mouth and increasing your sense of taste, you can gargle with warm water toasted with coconut and sesame oil. Start by swishing the mixture of oil. You can swish the oil from the front to back, side by side and throughout your teeth for about twenty minutes. After spitting the oil out, you must rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Do Abhyanga: This is an ancient practice of oil massage where you use oils to calm the nervous system and rejuvenate the tissues by lubricating them. With this self-massage of oil, you can promote circulation of blood throughout your body. Abhyanga is a practice of rejuvenating your body through massaging the different parts with organic oil. There are different types of oil in Ayurveda that are used for various purposes.
- Practice Nasya: This is another technique in Ayurveda where medicated oil is applied to the nasal passages. When you practice this, the delicate nasal tissues are soothed and relieve stress. However, pregnant women and menstruating women should not practice Nasya. Every morning apply a few drops of Nasya oil to your nostrils for getting better results.
- Massage Your Feet before Bed: Another way to relax your body from stress is by massaging some oil before sleeping. For this, you may use brahmi oil, bhringaraj oil, or sesame oil. With this practice, you can soothe your body and release the pressure, thus getting relief from stress.
You must try these everyday so that Ayurveda can relieve you from stress. However, do not forget to get to experts if you still find yourself under stress.
I am 27 years old. Trying for pregnancy from last 6 months. Doctor prescribed me come100 and progesterone supplement. I am still not conceiving after taking these medicines for 3 months. All my reports are showing normal. Now my doctor prescribed me femmara for next 6 months. What I have to do now?
I am age of 20 and pregnant of almost 2 months suffering from heavy headache. Before pregnancy it little headache but now a days it pains a lot, and my blood pressure also shows low, please advise.
Hello Doctor! I and my girlfriend had sex without any contraception but took an mpill in 23hrs and had sex few hrs after having pills is there any chance of getting pregnant. Is mpill an effective contraceptive? We don't want pregnancy now at nycost tell any effective measure plz.
Hey doc I have 3 questions please suggest me what to do I am an asthma patient 1) when I do sex with husband in standing position most of time when I try it I have to face pain in my chest and even when my husband press or suck breast at that time I have to face too much pain. 2) some times during sex I also have to face an undefinable pain which is far diff then sex pain. I can not defined that pain but in hindi we can say it as later . 3) from past couple of months I have my periods some days late from actually date and counts of days is increasing no I have periods after 8 days later Please suggest me so that I can fix these problems .
I apply body lotion to every where in the body is it safe to apply near abdominal parts like penis! And while having sex with my partner can I apply body lotion near penis!
The process of cheese making is an age old practice dating back to ancient times and is practiced all over the world. As a dairy product, produced in a manner akin to that of yogurt production, cheese can be made in numerous ways, depending on how the curdling milk coagulates and on the nature of decomposition of the solid particles like proteins and fats, and the liquid particles. Further, through the application of acids, such as vinegar or lemon juice, the final product can be altered and determined according to its consistency, flavor and appearance. Usually, acids are used for catalytic purposes in the production of soft cheeses like Cottage cheese, Camembert, Brie, Ricotta cheese and sour cream, which do not normally require much time to age. In contrast, semi-hard and hard cheeses are made with rennet and ripened with bacteria or mold.
These include Parmesan, Blue, Swiss, Roquefort, Cheddar, Colby and Asiago cheeses and are more often known as grating cheeses.
Cheese, like other dairy products, is highly nutritious, rich in calcium content, protein, vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin K2, sodium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc riboflavin as well as probiotics. Besides its high nutritional value, here are other benefits which you may acquire from the consumption of cheese:
Strong and healthy bones
Cheese has always been considered an ideal source of nutrients for bone health, especially because of the presence of B-complex vitamins along with high protein and calcium content. With the right amount of cheese, a number of bone problems associated with ageing like Osteoporosis, for instance, can be prevented. Moreover, cheese also protects your teeth from acid erosion, caused by tea, coffee, soda or wine, as they help in raising the natural pH levels in the mouth.
Cheese consumption also helps in protecting your heart from threats of cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases.
Favorable for athletes
Cheese contains a fat-burning conjugated linoleic acid, which helps reduce the size of fat cells and is effective in burning fats to muscles. In addition, with the presence of a fairly high level of calories, cheese helps the athlete in gaining mass, thereby making it immensely favorable for athletes.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Hi Now a days my breast pains when while day I wear bra. N when I take it off then also it pains for a while. Sometimes I have pimples between my breast. Is it braise of the wrong bra size or material or something to worry about? Please help me with this.
Can be a any chances pregnent if I had unprotected sex in before 8 days on periods and take ipil 8 hourse after sex?
Know how Laparoscopic hysterectomy surgery is performed