Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SagarYour feedback matters!
Period ke kitne din bad sex karne se pregnancy nhi hota h. Or period kitne din tak delay ho sakta hai? Please clear my doubt.
Hi I have regular periods 28 days cycle. Last periods happens on september 9th and it long for 7 days. Then intercourse on 24th september. After that on 5th day means september 29th, I got bleeding first light and then heavy with stomach pain. It long for 5 days. I confused that it is implantation or periods. And till now october 24th no periods. Is their a chance of pregnancy or any possibility to get periods on oct 29th?
Hi Doctor, I am 25 years old female. I am trying to conceive for last 2 years. I have PCOD problem. 10 months back I was pregnant with the help of hcg injection. But unfortunately it was got miscarried after 5 weeks. My doctor suggested me to take Duphaston 10 mg tablet for day 16-day 25. My 2 cycles are over after taking this treatment (Feb 2017 & March 2017). But no luck yet. This is my 3rd cycle. I do not have another health issue. Is there any possibility to get conceive this month? Why it was not happening with last 2 months?
I didn't have children. Recently concerned doctor they said one nerve problem because of overheat. What I do.
Hey. Actually I got so many ichthy pimples on my vagina and on my body. Please help me. Really worried.
Please suggest me. If A women starts her period on 28 sep and ends on 1st oct and if she had a sex on 21 oct then what is the percentage of chances of getting her pregnant? She has a regular cycle of 31 or 32 days. Which date is right for sex to get her pregnant?
The most dreadful part of going to work and coming back home is getting stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress level, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long-term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues ad a weakened immune system, which makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and overeating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because, at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions are accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in case where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in the polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter is inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the bloodstream. Long-term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body leading to higher risk of cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the AC setting of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
because of PCOD I gain 10 kgs in 2 years. I do exercise regularly. But there is negligible changes in my weight. What should I do to loose weight in such condition?
I want to have unprotected sex with my partner. But do not want pregnancy. So when is the right time when we both have sex without using any contraception.
Hiii. I'm 25 year old. Now im 8 month pregnant. I have problem for breathing. And at night sleeping. Light pain in lower area. There is any chances to early pregnancy. Because edd is 28 aug.
I am 18 weeks 6 days pregnant. I check up today my sonography my sonography report is below:- L.I.E :- Longitudinal PRESENTATION :- Breech PLACENTA. :- Upper posterior .grade 0 MOVEMENT. :- Normal LIQUOR :-. Adequate largest pocket 4.5 cm F.H.R. :- 153 Beats/mins B.P.D. :- 4.0 cm H.C. :- 16.0 cm A.C. :- 13.5 cM F.L. :- 3 cm WEIGHT. :- 273 grm CERVICAL LENGTH:- 3.4 cm OPINION:-. A singal live fetus of 18 weeks 6 days size, PLACENTA upper posterior with adequate liquor no gross congenital malformation seen at present. PLEASE ADVISE ME RIGHT WAY TO CLEAR MY BABY POSITION NORMAL PL DOCTORS ADVISED ME.
Am trying to get pregnant from last 3 years. I was having pcod but with homeopathic medicine its cured now my husband also had his semen analysis done and the results are towards positive side. My last date of periods were 29 April and I got my upt positive also. But after 2 months I miscarried. So pls help me out of it. I want to conceive my age is 24 and my husband's age is 25. We passed six years of our married life. I want baby.
Me and my fiance were jst fooling around and he slid his penis over my clit and vulva it happened for a while on 22may and there was no penetration and ejaculation bt there was some precum on my parts. I took ipill on 25th may. I hav ovarian dermoid n have irregular periods. I used regestrone for menorrhagia during last cycle and had withdrawal bleeding on april24th. Now I didnt get my periods yet. Today I noticed slight bleeding. Is dat due to implantation bleeding or due to periods. M very much worried of it. Please suggest me. I am virgin does pregnancy possible in my case without ejaculation?
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the infection that occurs in the female reproductive organs. It happens when sexually transmitted bacteria infect the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes on spreading from the vagina. Generally, the cervix plays the role of preventing the bacteria from entering the vagina and infecting the reproductive organs. But when the cervix becomes exposed to an STD, it loses its power to put a stop to the spread of these microorganisms to the reproductive organs.
What causes this condition?
STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia have been found to be responsible for about 90% of PID cases.
Some of the other causes include
- Pelvic procedures
The condition is only detected later in life when you face difficulty in getting pregnant or have chronic pelvic pain complaints. If you experience symptoms like vomiting, high fever, pain in the lower abdomen and instances of fainting, you should immediately seek a doctor.
What puts you at risk for PID?
Certain factors may put you at a higher risk for PID and these are:
- Instances of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia (an STD that can occur from anal, oral or vaginal sex) and gonorrhea (a condition that causes discharge from the vagina or urethra) can make you prone to developing PID.
- Douching on a regular basis can increase your risk of PID as it disrupts the equilibrium of good and bad bacteria in your vagina, and may hide the symptoms of the condition as well.
- Even a previous history of PID can increase your chances of having another episode of PID.
- Compared to older women, teenagers who are sexually active are more prone to developing PID.
- Having multiple sexual partners can also put you at a greater risk for PID and STDs.
Hi doctor, my friend is having irregular periods (every 20 days) from last 5 years and also as per her she never had sex. I am getting worried, if this can cause any problem in future?
Am I not pregnant? Sometimes I have irregular cycles (around 35 to 46). Without positive pregnancy test can I have hope with ultrasound scan?
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
We intake and exit air through nose. It says a lot of things.
You will not see that both nose are open same time. Means both are working simultaneously.
If you feel hungry and see right nose is open and exchanging air. Then you take lunch and dinner. You will get no indigestion. This is the right time to take food.
When you are going for a auspicious work, at the time of going out from home check which nose is open if right then put right leg first our of the final door to go out. You will be successful. If left nose is open then wait a few while to get open right nose because they open alternately.
This is a bit away from health but never eat food when left nose is working you will get indigestion definitely. Just wait when nose alternates.
Never drink any cold drinks, it will damage your liver handsomely.
If you feel thirsty in road do not drink roadside water in tank. It may cause hepatitis or typhoid.
To quench thirst take tea without milk. Safety for health. Or drink fruit juice if available./ green coconut water preferred. It is god's gift for us.
If you take a bath before sunrise all your stuffy mucus settled in last few hours in sinus plexus. Will dissolve and will not render an attack in next 24 hours. Only for stuffy nose.
Running nose people are having bacterial toxin (generally tb) received from parents. And have a shortage of calcium phosphate in body. They are very intelligent/ witty and weak throughout the life. And always suffer diseases due to having ulcerative background. But easily curable.
Mosquito repellant and injudicious smoking.
In today's age I found mothers having very poor knowledge about baby-care. These babies are unfortunate. Example -
In room mosquito coil is burning and baby is inhaling the poison. Mother came to me and told lot of symptoms of baby. I presume and know the ill effects so in my prescription I wrote "no coil 200" Ultimately these babies will be an asthma patient in future due to ignorance of his mother.
So do not burn coil at night while sleeping. This is as good as murdering others.
And for men I request never smoke in front of any children in your home or outside to murder him half. There must have a law to put these people in court for criminal activities.
Do not mind this is true/let we come and work for a better and healthy society and let these children live a disease free life in coming days.