Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Last I got intimate on 9 April with my partner. I got my periods on 19th April, and this month I am 7 days late. What can be the reason?
Adult orthodontics---An insight
A few decades ago, orthodontic treatment was not frequently undertaken for adult patients but the number of adult patients nowadays receiving orthodontic treatment is increasing day by day. Most of the adults (18-40 years) who have not received orthodontic treatment as children or young adults due to financial restrictions or lack of awareness, now want to seek orthodontic treatment as they have become financially independent and are more aware of their looks. Their main goal is to correct their malocclusion, their smile, appearance & their quality of life.
Adult orthodontics demand additional skills to bring out the best possible outcome in most of the cases as most adults in both the younger & older groups fairly understand what they want as outcome of the treatment. Although buccal fixed metallic braces are efficient treatment systems, these motivated adult patients have some concerns about the appearance of conventional orthodontic braces. The demand for an invisible orthodontic treatment comes from adults who are concerned about the reaction of others to obvious orthodontic treatment either due to peer pressure, demands of their working atmosphere other constrains. Nowadays, there are 3 main options for adults to undergo orthodontic treatment:
- Ceramic braces: These are brackets made of tooth colored material placed on the outer side of teeth. They do mask the metallic smile of course, but these are not totally invisible.
- Lingual orthodontics: These braces are placed on the inner side of teeth, so these are not visible at all but patient need more adjustment time in them due to the close proximity of tongue. These are more technically difficult for the orthodontist to use efficiently orthodontists do need to have special training to master this technique with a long steep learning curve.
- Clear aligners: These are transparent appliances which are snapped over teeth for treatment. These appliances are efficient effective for non-extraction treatment with mild to moderate malocclusions but still have a long way to go before they can be successfully used to treat difficult malocclusion cases. Further developments in technique technology may overcome these limitations.
- Summarizing, it can be said that treatment options are numerous. Depending upon the patient’s expectations as well as the financial aspect complications of the case, your orthodontist will suggest you the treatment mode best suited for you. However, its absolutely necessary that patient realizes that the skill competence of a trained certified orthodontist is the most important factor in the success of the treatment.
I have bubbles in my stomach. Due to this problem I am not getting pregnant. Is there any possible chances to get pregnant without any treatment and medicine.
I have a problem of getting my penis smaller day by day an my forehead is also not operated so the skin is becoming big day by day this is from last few month say 3 to 4 month .Please give proper solution.
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 6 weeks pregnant. I am doubted that whether can I take head bath frequently or it is restricted. How many times in a week I can take head bath. Please suggest me.
Gestational hypertension normally resolves following birth, and blood pressure returns to normal. But women with elevated blood pressure during pregnancy are at higher risk of hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease later in life. Sabour and colleagues evaluated 491 healthy postmenopausal women selected from participants enrolled in the PROSPECT (Predictors of Response to Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy) study from 1993?1997. Women with a history of gestational hypertension had an almost 60% increased risk of having coronary calcification several decades later compared with women who had normal blood pressure during pregnancy. The relationship held for women who had mild elevations in blood pressure during pregnancy as well as for those who developed preeclampsia ? a more serious complication of pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure, edema, and risk of organ damage.