Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena D S
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Veena D SYour feedback matters!
What is the best way to reduce pimple and the marks or blotches caused after the pimples to get a flawless skin?
People often experience grief when they lose something special or someone very valuable to them. This feeling of grief and loss tends to have various adverse effects one one’s personality, relationships and health. The effects of grief on a person usually depend on different factors, which include the kind of loss suffered, the person’s beliefs, age and his mental or physical health.
Losing someone makes each one of us in a different way. Anxiety and feeling helpless are two things that mostly affect people. Feelings of anger and anxiety are also experienced in the early stages of coping with loss. The sadness creeps in eventually. Grief and loss can affect a person seriously and cause different health hazards. It is quite difficult for a person to heal instantly and they continue feeling bad for a long period of time. However, one day you will recover for sure.
Here are some ways to cope with grief and loss:
- You have to express yourself and share all the feelings bottled inside you. You should talk about your feelings with a close friend or family member. This is the beginning of the healing process.
- When you feel sad, you should not try to avoid it. Feeling sad is a healthy part of the process of grieving and instead of hiding the fact that you are sad under a mask, you should allow the sadness.
- Try to follow your regular schedule instead of isolating yourself. By following a schedule you will keep yourself active, which will help in healing. You should take walks and not lock yourself up in a room as this will make your condition worse.
- Plenty of sleep is required during the healing stage. Emotional strain makes you tired and hence, undisturbed sleep is very much essential for your health. If you do not get proper sleep, consult a doctor.
- A healthy, balanced diet is also important for coping with loss and grief. Avoid food that will wear you down. Eat light and healthy and do not skip meals.
- You must avoid intake of substances, which help in easing the pain. Do not consume too much alcohol. It may temporarily numb the pain, but afterwards you will feel worse.
- Counselling is important after you get through the initial healing stage on your own. After several weeks or a month, you should go to a counselor and have regular therapy sessions. The ideal time to start counselling depends wholly on you and your state.
- Antidepressant medicines can also be taken on prescription for feeling better.
Coping with grief and loss is quite a difficult task. A lot of patience is required and instead of giving into sorrow, one must get up and take all steps required for quick recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, sir I am 26 years boy and I am not physical fit my body is week and weight is also less Please suggest me something.
Am I fat ? Am i underweight..? What's normal weight ?
These are a few questions that always keep crossing our mind and for a few it causes lot of stress. There is an easy way to measure your body fat sitting at home by simply following two simple steps that will help you find out if you are underweight, or in normal limits- or overweight.
The Body Mass Index is a measure of the body weight relative to height that is associated with body fat and health risk. The equation is: BMI = body weight in kilograms/height in meters squared.
For an example if your height is 5ft- 4" ( 164 cm) and weight is 58 kgs.
BMI = 58/ 1.64x 1.64= 21.5kg/m2
Normal BMI range is used globally is varied from the one used for Indians. According to WHO:
Less than 18.5 - Under weight
18.5-24.9 - Normal
25.0- 29.9- Overweight
30.0 and above- Obese
The following are common definitions of BMI thresholds (used for Indians):.
BMI limit for Indians is:
Less than 18.4 - Underweight,
18.5 - 22.9 - Normal
23 - 24.9 - Overweight
More than 25 - Obese
Another measure used to analyze your body fat is known as waist circumference.
Here by using a measuring tape you need to measure you waist circumference right in the center.
Waist circumference is 90 cm for Indian men and 80 cm for Indian women.
Waist- to- Hip Ratio:
Another simplest measure used to calculate fatness of the body is known as waist- to- hip ratio, a relationship between waist circumference and hip circumference. This can be easily done at home. Once you have known you waist circumference, find out your hip circumference. Divide your waist circumference by hip circumference; this would give you waist- to- hip- ratio.
Normal range for women- waist to hip ratio is 0.8 or less, if higher than 1.0 - it indicates you are overweight. Similarly for men if ratio is 0.9 or less then it is considered as safe, if higher than 1.0 it indicates you are overweight.
So know your weight and take best measures to keep it in limits.
If you have a higher BMI, waist circumference or a waist- to- hip ratio, it is best that you consult a nutrition expert to understand your dietary habits and recommend a suitable diet plan as per your needs. You can also visit the obesity clinic at Paras Hospitals, Gurgaon.