Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena D RYour feedback matters!
I have always being suffering from access sweating as if 5 times a normal being. What should I do. What is the reason for this.
Is consumption of honey has adverse effects on a diabetes patient. What are the fruits which may be taken by a diabetes patient and in what quantity.
I am 63 years diabetic. Type 1 since 15years having sugar level 190 ad 260pp taking humalog 20units morning 16 units night. I am bhp grade 1 with right renal lithiasis having stones of 7ad 9mm in right kidney. Due to enlarged prostrate I am facing frequent urination ad bladder is empty at one time. My hbaic is 8. 50 also having bp problems. One serious concern is erectile dysfunction ad premature ejaculaton. Can you suggest some safe medicine for ed ad premature ejaculate. For enlarged prostrate I am taking flotral alfuzion salt ad in addition to insulin I am taking vysov-, m ad diapride m-2. Please suggest safe medicine to cure the above problems. My lipid profile ad renal profile is normal. Please advise.
I Haven't Been Able To Sleep Since 2 Days And I Am Having A Service Headache, Tried Multiple Home Remedies, But Don't Work What To Do? Please Help Me!
A normal healthy love life is as important as having a healthy body and mind. However, many men tend to have problems in maintaining a healthy love life due to the problem of impotence. A man is diagnosed as impotent when fails to get erection despite arousal or maintaining it during sexual intercourse.
Physical and mental impact If the failure to get erection / erectile dysfunction becomes a regular phenomenon, it can severely affect the person’s relationship status, not to mention his self-esteem. Sometimes, impotence might be an indication of a serious underlying condition.
Symptoms you might be suffering from male impotence if:
- You are experiencing recurrent and significant trouble in order to get and subsequently maintain an erection.
- You are suffering from a low sex drive for a long amount of time.
- A combination of the both.
Either way, a consultation with the doctor might help to cure male impotence through a prescribed dosage of medications. In extreme cases, the doctor might prescribe an artificial replacement of testosterone within the body or even a surgery in order to normalize things. If male impotence occurs due to psychological factors, sessions of counseling might help to improve the condition. If diagnosed and treated efficiently, male impotence is an easily curable condition.
Causes of male impotence or erectile dysfunction might occur due to numerous physical or psychological factors. Some of the known causes of erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- Underlying health issues: If you are suffering from major health disorders you may suffer from erectile dysfunction. Some of these could be
- Medication and treatments: Erectile dysfunction might occur due to side effects of certain medications such as chemotherapy and blood pressure medications.
- Excessive alcohol consumption, tobacco usage or drug abuse: These elements put many harmful elements within your body and may result in prostate cancer or surgery within the pelvic area. If anyone has recently undergone surgery to treat prostate cancer or other problems of the pelvic area, it may cause impotence as well.
- Psychological trauma: Since the brain is one of the most important agents responsible for erections, any form of psychological trauma, anxiety or stress might trigger a dysfunction in the process as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Diarrhea is one of the world’s most common ailments and almost everyone suffers from it now and then. It is a condition in which the bowel movements become loose and watery. In many cases, diarrhea lasts a couple of days. But when it lasts for a week, then it can mean a serious disorder. You have to seek medical attention immediately in such scenarios.
The symptoms of diarrhea can include loose, watery stools, abdominal cramps and pain, blood in the stool and bloating symptoms. If the condition persists for more than two days and if you are unable to find any relief, consult your doctor. You might also tend to get dehydrated when you are suffering from the condition. Hence, you might feel weak and tired. Occasionally, your stool samples may be loaded with blood.
There are many harmful pathogens that can cause diarrhea- including viruses and bacteria. One of the most important reasons is contaminated water and the buildup of parasites in your body. There are also certain foods that might not suit your body type and as a result, you might experience diarrhea. Do know your food symptoms and follow a proper diet accordingly. One of the major complications of diarrhea is dehydration and if left untreated, it can become life threatening. This is especially worse in small children. Hence seek medical attention if your child is suffering from it. Do look out for signs like no tears when your child cries and withdrawn face in your child.
Other causes include:
- Alcohol abuse
- Allergies to certain foods
- Diseases of the intestines (such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Eating foods that upset the digestive system
- Infection by bacteria (the cause of most types of food poisoning) or other organisms
- Laxative abuse
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Radiation therapy
- Running (Some people get “runner’s diarrhea” for reasons that aren’t clear)
- Some cancers
- Surgery on your digestive system
Diagnosis is usually rare for diarrhea unless you want to find the reason. Usually, this is done by testing your stool and in some cases even your blood.
When to see a doctor
People who have warning signs of blood or pus in the stool, fever, or signs of dehydration should see a doctor right away, as should those with significant abdominal pain. Such people may need immediate testing, treatment, and sometimes admission to a hospital. If the only warning signs are chronic or nighttime diarrhea or weight loss, people should see a doctor within a week or so. People without warning signs should call a doctor if diarrhea lasts for more than 72 hours. Depending on the person's other symptoms, age, and medical history, the doctor may recommend the person have an examination or try at-home or over-the-counter treatments
In most cases, diarrhea symptoms can clear up by themselves, without any treatment. Most of the scenarios involve changing your food habits for some days. You can take antibiotics but use of antibiotics in diarrhoea should be only under medical supervision. In most cases these are helpful and the symptoms will go away after a day or two. Drink plenty of fluids during these days to replenish the lost water content and to keep your body hydrated at all times. If drinking fluids affect your stomach then you may need to take the fluids intravenously. If you do not get relief from the symptoms even after a couple of days, seek medical help.
Oral Rehydration rehydration salts (ORS) - How To Make It?
Oral Rehydration rehydration salts (ORS) is a special drink made up of sugars, salts, and clean water. It can help replace fluid loss from severe diarrhea or vomiting. Studies have shown ORS to be as effective as intravenous fluid administration when treating dehydration. ORS drinks can be made using purchased packets, like Pedialyte®, Infalyte®, and Naturalyte®. You can also make ORS drinks at home using clean water, salt, and sugar.
Making Your Own ORS Solution--
1. Gather the ingredients. To make your own ORS solution, you’ll need:
- table salt
- clean water
- granulated or powdered sugar
2. Mix the dry ingredients. Add a half-teaspoon of table salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a clean container. You can use granulated or powdered sugar.
- If you don't have a teaspoon to measure, you can use a fistful scoop of sugar and a three-finger pinch of salt.
3. Add one liter of clean drinking water. If you cannot measure out a liter, add 5 cups of water (each cup is about 200 ml). Only use clean water. The water can be bottled water or recently boiled and cooled water.
- Be sure to only use water. Milk, soup, fruit juice or soft drinks cannot be used since they will make the ORS ineffective. Don't add any extra sugar.
4. Stir well and drink. Use a spoon or whisk to mix the ORS powder into the water. After a minute or so of vigorous stirring, the solution should be completely dissolved. Now, it is ready to drink.
- ORS solution can be refrigerated for 24 hours. Do not store it any longer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.