Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Veena C NYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I have a problem in my eyes. Not seen more than 1/4 kilometers away clearly. What I want to do. Give me a suggestion please.
Respected sir. From the last 2 days when I get up from my sleep in morning my eyes become sticky and yellow coloured particles are stuck in the eyes. Pls address the issue.
Hi I had very uncomfortable to wear my spectacle because it is too thick and weight for me. My glass power is 7. It's too high. So I have an idea to wear contact lens what is your opinion is am right?
I am using spectacles from 6years, I had round face so they doesn't fit & Comfort to me. So I have to interest in lens but I had some more cylindrical power. So if I take lens is there any problems to my eyes is they result in sight. Is they increase.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.
My age is 38 f i am a diabetic since 4yrs, my vision getting blurred, my teeth swells blood sometimes also giddiness. I am taking glimeperide 2mg if I go to some other doctor they also tell to take the same medicine only what to do?
I have red eyes last 3days. I dont know what should I do. I am very worry about my eyes. Please Dr. Give me little bit for my eyes to relif them.
I have red eyes suffering since three days. I could not do my work and could not even study. Please tell me any precautions. Thank you.
Are there any disadvantages of ICL surgery for eyes in long run? and Is the surgery permanent or lens have to be replaced after few years?
I am studying in engineering with computer science so I have work on laptop. I want to secure my eyes with laptops display light. What will I do?
She is 5 years old. The doctor prescribed spectacles for her for simple myopia. The power is -1.5. Is there chances for lazy eyes if she doesn't wear spectacles from now on?
And cold malai. Apply it under eyes daily for an hour and keep eyes closed. It will reduce the dark circles.