Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena Baindur
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena BaindurYour feedback matters!
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - Deficiency Risk and Symptoms
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) occurs to some extent in all foods however the richest source are: brewers yeast, organ meats (liver, kidney, heart, brain), eggs, milk, vegetables, legumes and wholegrain cereals.
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) is a water-soluble vitamin and as such, it is unlikely to reach toxic levels. There is little danger of Vitamin B5 toxicity when it is taken orally. Very high doses may cause diarrhoea and may potentially increase the risk of bleeding.
Symptoms of deficiency
I am having pcod problem, planning for baby ,also gone for iui but not got the success. Currently taking mychiro and xmet 5oo twice a day and sysfol 5 mg from last few months. Should I continue these tablets.
Some people shy away from the concept of counselling because of a lot of stereotypes and judgements associated with it. Many people believe that going to a counsellor means something is wrong with you. However, that is not the whole truth. Counselling helps you in organizing your life and thoughts and this further helps you in making beneficial and positive choices in your life and career.
Counselling for your personal life
Counselling can go a long way in enriching your life and also helps you in moving forward on a positive and successful path. It can help you:
- Feel less lonely- Since you do not know the counsellor personally, you won’t feel awkward talking about your problems and thoughts which you normally do not share with your family and friends due to the fear of judgement. Doing this makes you feel a lot better and helps you in dealing with your problems.
- You get to see everything in a different light- When you go through something in your life and keep it to yourself, it sometimes causes you to see everything from an one-dimensional and pessimistic perspective. But when you talk to someone about it, it might help you see the same problem from a different viewpoint. In some cases, a new take on your problem can make you tamp down its intensity, unlike how you perceived it initially.
- Release of emotions- Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea since it can make you feel depressed and anxious. Opening yourself up and talking about your problems freely can be a very relieving experience which can make you feel ten times better and happier.
- Sharing your experiences and burdens- Having that one person who will always listen to you and your difficulties without any judgements ensures that you stay mentally and psychologically happy.
- Counselling helps a lot in creating self-awareness- Scrutinizing and discussing your thoughts and emotions with your counsellor can make you greatly aware of yourself and your character. The moment you realize which path to take, everything will become clear to you and provide you with the much needed peace of mind.
Counselling for your professional life
Counselling doesn’t just help you personally but can also help you a lot professionally. It can do so in the following ways:
- Counselling rids you of confusion- If you are confused about which direction to take in your career, go to a counselor and he will help you get clarity. He will steer you in the right direction by going through your educational qualifications and then guiding you through the prospective career options.
- Helps you understand your strengths and weaknesses- Education counsellors can help you understand your strong points and well as weak points and make a plan for your career accordingly. This will help you figure out the road you need to take and the ones to avoid viz-a-viz your career.
- Assists you with your job searches- If you are looking for jobs, counsellors can make your job searching a whole lot easier. They will help you with your research, preparing documents such as cover letters and resumes.
- Provides mental and emotional support- Building your career and looking for jobs can sometimes be an emotionally draining process. Counselling can help you keep a calm and level head. Counsellors can play a very big part in boosting your morale by providing you with the much needed motivation and support.
- Helps you in dealing with problems in the workplace- in case you are going through any problems in your office, you can talk about it with your counsellor. He or she will help you understand the situation and give tips so that you can find a solution for the same.
Counselling has numerous benefits that can help you in so many ways in making your life better. Having a clear and peaceful mind is a crucial part of being happy in life. So, if you are going through any difficulty don’t hesitate in reaching out to a counselor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infertility is characterized by the inability to get pregnant even after unprotected intercourse for over a year. Repeated miscarriages along with other factor can often be the reason behind infertility in women.
Probable causes of Infertility in Women:
The most common cause of infertility in women is an abnormal uterus. Congenital flaws, such as septate uterus can lead to repeated miscarriages. The normal pH level of the uterus is approximately in the range of 6.6 to 7.6. So a pH level below or above this range can lead to an abnormal uterus.
Ovulation defects (such as the eggs not properly maturing in the ovaries or the ovaries not releasing mature eggs) are other causes as well.
Another possible cause is Endometriosis, a condition wherein the tissues which line the inner walls of the uterus start to grow on the outsides of the uterus, such as in the pelvis or the abdomen.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), a condition wherein the ovaries become enlarged with tiny cysts growing on them, is another important cause for infertility. Hormonal imbalances are at the root of this condition.
A block or damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent the sperm to properly fertilize the egg thus, leading to infertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!