Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena BaindurYour feedback matters!
I have done sex on 23 July and take unwanted 72 as a precaution after 25 hours of intimation. My lst period comes on 13 july aftr that my period not come. Today I use pregnancy test which is negative .plz help me. Tell me wht I do. I hav unwanted kit .is it right to use it? please tell me.
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: High in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: Your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: During this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: In addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: Providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: A good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
My wife is pregnant since around twenty weeks now. She started feeling baby movements since last four or five days. However, since last night there is no visible movement observed. Kindly tell me what to do. Her age is 32. We had two miscarriages previously the last one in 2013.
My periods ended on 10th July; and I went to Leh on 18th July. I got my periods back after a week! Since 18 July, bleeding and spotting there. Can you please help me with this! Thanks.
Dear Dears I recently got married ,I am facing problem because during the intercourse my penis got desquamate (cut) due hit inside vagina. Because of this even both are excited but I feel scar in next time. Please suggest any cream and Madeline for relief. Thanks in advance.
I am 19 years old I suffered from pcos problem so, I have pimples all over my face and the scars and hair fall also. I couldn't bear it please tell me the best solution.
I am planning baby. Just want to know the symptoms of ovalution. Best time to conceive? what I should do?
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies is related to the risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths. As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
1. Be aware
Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
2. Enjoy foreplay
Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
3. Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions
4. Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
1. Don't go for multiple partners
Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
2. Don't Use sex toys
Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
3. Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers
Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
4. Don't Keep yourself ahead of her
It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not negatively affect her mental health.
5 Do not mix drugs with intimacy
Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the results of substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My husband is having an orgasm and ejaculation. We do not have children now. We have took all the related test and everything is fine except having 9.24 LH and grade 1 varicocele. factor told that its due to cycogenic better go for IVF. We are so much worried. Please help us by suggesting an way to cure this.
I am trying for pregnancy, but when I did sonography I came to know I am suffering from pcos. Is laproscopy an effective treatment for treating pcos.
My pregnant wife (4 months) had two slice of rogue fish, she is not have any problem I buy I heard it is not safe, is this any problem to her, pls help me what to do.
Dilevry ke baad mera pet nikl gya h kya isko thi krne ka koi upaye h? Heroines ka to pta bhi nhi chlta k unki abi dilevry hui h. Hmm aise ho skte h kya.
Actually I am pregnant the result shows positive today and I don't want a baby now so what pills should I take to prevent pregnancy.
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.
Wants to go for check up for my wife before getting pregnant so any health related issue can be identified in earlier stage. Please suggest if any treatment or specific checkup is required.
What is masturbation?Masturbation is the stimulation of the sexual organs usually by a person himself, to obtain an orgasm. Though masturbation can be done by partners on one another, the term is more commonly used when sexual satisfaction is provided by self. Most people use their hands to masturbate, but instruments like vibrators and dildoes may also be used. These imitate the movements of the hand and provide sexual pleasure.
Masturbation is a way of releasing pent up sexual energy. Most people start masturbating at the time of puberty. With changes in an individual's hormonal profile during puberty, there is a surge of sexual energy which can be released with the help of masturbation. Masturbation is reported more in males than in females. More than a physiological difference in libido, this may be due to sociological taboos on females. Females also tend to discontinue or reduce masturbation when they form sexual relationships.
Is masturbation harmful?
Is masturbation harmful?This is the biggest myth surrounding masturbation. If indulged in moderation, masturbation, on the contrary, is a healthy practice that releases sexual energy. According to certain religious practices and beliefs, masturbation is harmful since it results in the loss of a man's "seeds" and makes him weak. Masturbation in women has largely been ignored in the religious texts. Other myths surrounding the act are that it reduces virility by making the semen less thick thereby reducing the chances of a man to bear children. This is totally untrue. Masturbation does not cause any loss of strength or virility in a person.
What are the other myths surrounding masturbation?
What are the other myths surrounding masturbation?
Only males masturbate – this is not true. Females masturbate as much as males do. However, they tend to report it less than males due to the social stigma attached to it. Also it has been observed that females tend to reduce or discontinue masturbation once they get into meaningful sexual relationships.
Masturbation is unhealthy – masturbation per se does not cause any health hazards. It is not an unhealthy habit. However, it may be mentally unhealthy if it assumes obsessive proportions and the individual is unable to think of anything else. It may also have physical repercussions if the instrument used to masturbate is dirty or infected.
Only adolescents masturbate – though the practice usually begins during adolescence, almost all adults practise it at some time or the other.
Masturbation does not provide as much satisfaction as sexual intercourse – sometimes masturbation is more satisfying than the sex act. This is because, during masturbation, an individual is in control of his own movements and can maximize the pleasure according to his or her needs. During sexual intercourse, the degree of satisfaction may, to some extent, lie with the partner.
People masturbate only if they have unfulfilling sexual relationships – people also masturbate for self satisfaction, even when they have fully satisfying sexual relationships.
Can one stop masturbating?
Can one stop masturbating?One can stop masturbating if one wants to. Just as one can live without indulging in sex, one can also stop masturbating with some will power. However, since the activity has nothing to be ashamed of and most people do it, there is no scientific reason to discontinue it. If one still wishes to discontinue, then the sexual energy may need to be channelised into alternative physical activities.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media
I am 11 week pregnant doctor prescribe me to go for NT scan, I want to know about this scan , what is NT scan and why it is necessary to do? I want full knowledge of NT scan.
Walking is a low intense cardio exercise that is suitable for all age groups. For people with bone problems and back pain, walking is the perfect exercise. It is less stressful on the body and has similar benefits to running or jogging. So if you are looking for reasons to jump on the bandwagon of walking as an exercise, here are a few:
- Good for the heart: Running puts some amount of stress on your heart muscles but does not seem to reduce the chances of premature death; whereas walking at a brisk pace puts less stress on the heart and considerably reduces the risk of premature death. Running may also cause inflammation in the muscles of the heart and increases free radicals in the body.
- Increases immunity: Walking has a beneficial effect on the immune system of the body vis-agrave;-vis running. Running may induce conditions in the body which allow various bacterial infections like cold to foster. You end up falling sick more often if you run.
- Helps in weight loss: Walking is a steady state exercise resulting in moderate levels of heart rate. Moderate heart rate sustained for 45-60 minutes is advised to lose fat. Running tends to raise the heart rate to drastic levels which cannot be sustained for long, thus leading to reduced fat loss.
- Less stress on the joints: Running is a vigorous activity that places a lot of stress on the knee joints and the lower back. If you have conditions, such as osteoarthritis and lower back pain, then running is a strict no for you. It is recommended to walk at a brisk pace for an hour every day for maximum benefits.
- Walking can be done anywhere: You can take a walk inside your office premises or even walk back to your home after work due to the light nature of the exercise. Running or jogging may require proper gear and may not be suitable for all places.