Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I had my iui on 17.2.15 n started bleeding on 23.02.15 my endometriosis size 11mm on 23.02.15 dr gives pause n duphaston tablets. Is there any chances of my pregnanacy
Is there any chance to get diptheria. If my wife take my penis into her mouth. If I lick her vagina .we both enjoy that.
I am 4 months conceive so I ant to know best food for me for healthy pregnancy. So please tell me the best food.
I had my puberty first in 2012. And now it's 2016. But I don't get my periods on date. Sometimes they cross 2 to 3 months. And since the last few 3 months I'm not having my periods and instead of that I just keep on getting pain in my lower stomach. Please help.;(
I am 21 and my gf is 20 .3 days back we cuddled and there was precum on my penis .i think I touched it before I started fingering here .can it cause pregnancy? She is supposed to get her periods around 15th feb. Today she had a thick creamy vaginal discharge .i read precum contains some sperm from previous ejaculation but I masturbated 3 days before that incident even urinated before I fingered her. Can she still get pregnant?
We are married since 3 years and while we have sec intercourse has not done yet. She is always dry and I have never seen her getting excited in 3 years.
I am 31 yrs, 8 months pregnant. I hav a boil near my vagina lips. I find it difficult to sit down. Please guide me what are the remedies for it. Is it common during pregnancy? Will it go away on its own?
Hi, My friend took ipill for the first time and she is 24, will it have adverse effects even though she was not pregnant n she took I pill.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who already has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, and viruses. These infections often do not cause any symptoms, and can still be passed unknowingly from the infected partner to the other. However, some common symptoms include genital itching, lesions, flu / fever like symptoms and feeling pain / pressure in the lower part of the stomach.
There are many kinds of STDs including Chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, syphilis and HIV.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
1. Precautions before having sex
There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before having sex. This include:
- Limiting the number of sexual partners
- Talking honestly with partners about your sexual history
- Getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex
- Getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV
If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner if they have had an STD.
2. Practice safe sex
Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
3. Don't drink Alcohol or use drugs before having sex
It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectiveness.
My dates are almost 10 days due and I am finding white vaginal thick discharge from past 2 days. What to do?
I am 28 years old n married. Me n my wife trying for a baby. But it is not working. Kindly suggest what needs to be done.
Actually i'm 20 years old girl and my vagina lips are dark very dark but i'm fair. My whole body is fair but vagina lips and near vagina it's dark it's very embarrassing.
I am 42 year old female weighing 82 kgs and my height is 5 feet 2 inches. Which means I a obviously obese. I have two major problems 1st I m probably reaching menopause, I got me periods after 5 months this month. I have put on weight majorly on my stomach and hips in the last 4 months, I get acnes on my face. I am worried about my weight gain please advice. Also I have plantar facistitis and heel spur on both my feet and thus walking is extremely painful. My cholesterol is high and sugar level is on the higher side. Thyroid is normal.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day.
When you just came to the conclusion that olive oil is healthy for your health, suddenly, you may have read another study result that says that coconut oil is best for your health. No doubt, you are puzzled and confused which one to take. In this article, we will try to give you some idea of the healthy aspects of coconut oil and olive oil and some hard facts about them.
Let’s find them out
|1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil|
|119 Calories||116 Calories|
|14 (g) Total Fat||14 (g) Total Fat|
|1(g) Saturated Fat||12 (g) Saturated Fat|
|9.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat||0.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat|
|1.4 (g) Polysaturated Fat||0.2 (g) Polysaturated Fat|
|0 (mg) Cholesterol||0 (mg) Cholesterol|
Goodness of Coconut Oil - The Saturated Fats
- Acts as an Antioxidant and Reduces Oxidative Stress: Virgin coconut oil consists of some antioxidants, like polyphenols and flavonoids. In the process of oxidative stress, the blood vessels in our body and heart get affected that leads to heart attack. These antioxidants keep us safe from such heart ailments.
- HighTemperature Resistant: It means that, if you cook in high temperature in coconut oil, you won’t get your food smoked. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, and it is high temperature resistant.
- Reduces Hunger: It keeps you away from those irritating hunger pangs when you consume foods cooked in coconut oil.
- Improves metabolic rate: Coconut oil increases metabolic rate that ultimately helps to reduce our waist size.
Goodness of Olive Oil - The Monounsaturated Fats
- Heart Friendly Fat: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats. The American Heart Association has certified these fats as a heart friendly fat.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol: Olive oil helps in lowering the low density cholesterol level that is known as bad cholesterol in our body.
- Some Essential Substances Present in It: Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and polyphenolic compounds. These two components are antioxidants that help in reducing the systemic inflammation level in our body.
Now the point is: Which Oil Is Better for Your Health?
So, from the table and discussion, it is clear that both coconut and olive oil are good for our health. But none of them are miracle fats. You need to consume both oils in small amounts. For cooking foods that need high temperature, like roasting, stir frying, you can use coconut oil as it has high temperature resistance. On the other hand, for simple cooking, use olive oil. But don’t use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, as heat at higher levels can destroy the Vitamin E and Polyphenol compounds in the Olive Oil. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.