Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
In Vitro Fertilization (Test Tube Baby) Procedure
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena AcharyaYour feedback matters!
• Allium sulphur compounds: Leeks, onions, garlic
• Anthocyanins: Eggplant, grapes, berries
• Beta carotene: Pumpkin, mangoes, apricots, carrots, spinach, parsley
• Catechins: Red wine, tea
• Copper: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts, legumes
• Cryptoxanthins: Red peppers, pumpkin, mangoes
• Flavonoids: Tea, green tea, red wine, citrus fruits, onion, apples
• Indoles: Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
• Lignans: Sesame seeds, bran, whole grains, vegetables
• Lutein: Corn, leafy greens (such as spinach)
• Lycopene: Tomatoes, pink grapefruit, watermelon
• Manganese: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
• Polyphenols: Thyme, oregano
• Selenium: Seafood, offal, lean meat, whole grains
• Vitamin C: Oranges, berries, kiwi fruit, mangoes, broccoli, spinach, peppers
• Vitamin E: Vegetable oils, nuts, avocados, seeds, whole grains
• Zinc: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
During intercourse my wife get pain in her vagina initially but slowly pain goes away after a while. please help.
For pregnancy We doing daily night intercourse from 3 days in her fertile days (periods end on 7 aug ) Is that any problem ?
I am an unmarried woman. I have not got my periods fr 2 months. Got brown discharge fr 2 days last week. Previously had normal cycles. Had a similar problem during my exam preparations 2 years back. Now also I am preparing fr my pg entrance. Wat to do next?
I am 19 years old, female. I want to convey you that before 3 years my periods began to happen and upto 1 year I was not having any pain during periods. Periods were happening on time. But after 1 year my periods became irregular means in a month I was facing 2 periods; one within 15 days and another after 21 days. I consulted doctor and it was found that I have a cyst on right ovary. The cyst was about 6mm and was surgically removed and during that operation my appendix was also removed. Then after everything went good but as periods became regular again but pain continues to be there during menstruation. After 1 year of surgery I again faced irregular periods and again consulted doctor for the same. I did ultrasonography but nothing was there of any kind of cyst or something. She gave some medicine and it went away but happens really. My blood-pressure usually remains down and head-ache continues in all days. Can you help me in maintaining blood pressure and give me some way-out to get rid of pain during periods and also from irregular periods.
I am 31 year old, mujhe thyroid hai aur do hi bacchay hai, aur weight bhi bahoth hai mujhe pregneny ke liye kya karna hoga, aur weight loose ke liye kya karna hoga.
Hi I am karthik my wife is 18 years she had stop the periods before tow month pls tell me what solution.
My age 19 am feeling that am pregnant from last 5 months I didn't get period And am feeling vomit sensation and vaginal smell also coming In case if I am confirmly pregnant after 4 months is there any way to stop pregnancy without abortion I need help and suggestion is there any natural way or medical way without abortion to stop pregnancy after 4 months.
The problem of abdominal pain is very common in pregnant women. Almost every woman faces this problem at some point during pregnancy. It mostly occurs due to changes in the body for having to accommodate the new baby. While some pains are harmless and go away without much bother, some pains can be a real threat. As an expectant mother, it is important to recognize the symptoms and visit your doctor if you experience persistent discomfort during pregnancy.
Some common causes of abdominal pain:
Round Ligament Pain- This pain is harmless and is commonly witnessed during the sixth to ninth month of pregnancy. This pain occurs due to the stretch of the two large ligaments running from the uterus to groin. This pain is sharp and stabbing. It is often felt while changing sides during sleep.
Constipation and Gas- Gas is a common problem during pregnancy. This is a result of increased production of progesterone. The latter is responsible for slowing down the gastrointestinal tract resulting in the slow movement of food inside the body. Few best ways to refrain from this problem are drinking plenty of water, eating food rich in fiber content and exercising.
Braxton Hicks- Such type of pain feels like contractions but in reality, it is nothing more than mild discomfort. This is a condition where the stomach muscle tightens and gives a hard and firm feeling. Doctors are of the view that Braxton Hicks result from dehydration and hence drinking lots of water is necessary to prevent this kind of pain.
Some serious pain that needs medical attention:
Placental Abruption- It is a condition where the uterus gets detached from the placenta. Common symptoms include abdominal pain and breakage of water. It is a life-threatening condition and needs immediate medical care.
Urinary Tract Infection- UTI is easily treatable. If ignored, it can lead to serious complications. One common symptom is a lower abdomen pain accompanied with fever, sweats, and nausea.
Ectopic Pregnancy- This is a condition in which the egg does fail to get implanted in the uterus. This condition causes intense pain in the abdomen. This pain often surfaces during 6th to 10th week of pregnancy.
Preeclampsia- A Preeclampsia is characterized by the more than normal protein in the urine and abnormal blood pressure. This is experienced from the 20th week of pregnancy. Common symptoms are; pain in the abdomen, nausea and throwing up.
When to visit a Doctor?
If abdominal pain is accompanied by symptoms such as fever, burning sensation while urinating, bleeding from the uterus, vomiting and light-headedness, one should immediately contact a doctor to mitigate the risk of pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My wife check her pregnancy test from prega news pregnancy test kit. The result show negative. But she feel weakness last 2 days she period also not come what reason she miss period. Weakness or pregnant.
In our day to day lifestyle, it has become very difficult to maintain routine and habits to the optimal level. But in order to, function efficiently and to put your body in full functioning capacity, here are five energy boosting foods to try:
- Honey: This natural sweetener is extremely low on the glycemic index and acts as muscle fuel, thus helping you to replenish the muscles during and post exercising. It is literally nature's counterpart to an energy drink that can be added to tea, water or even your yoghurt.
- Banana: One of the most popular and well loved energy foods, bananas being mostly composed of sugars, can provide a head-on energy boost.
- Nuts: They are extremely important in converting sugar into energy. Also, they are extremely handy to munch on when feeling lethargic or low in energy. Nuts like almonds, cashew nuts or hazelnuts are rich in magnesium and help to keep blood sugar levels even and supply protein to keep the hunger away.
- Cardamom: This popular spice is well known to help boost energy by promoting blood flow. Indulge in a cardamom laden curry or a tea infused with cardamom to combat low energy levels.
- Apples: Since they take much longer to digest in comparison to other fruits, these beautiful fruits provide a more prolonged energy boost. Being high in fiber, they're easy to carry around and munch on.
This is not an exhaustive list, and there are several more where they came from. Pick out the food items that are easily available for you and keep them at hand to pick you up when you function on low energy levels.
Related Tip: "Top 5 Carb Rich Foods for Breakfast"
I'm 33 & my wife is 25 years old. She is 2 months pregnant now. Is it safe for us to keep physical relationship at this stage of pregnancy? If so then how long we have to keep it, is there any best position to follow? Is it require to use condom at this stage intercourse? Is there any problem if semens directly discharge inside vagina? Please suggest.
Sir after doing sex my wife vagina getting pain and burning suggest me sir what to sir and my skin also shred and pain sir.
Rashes in the vulva, which might be caused due to various health problems or due to irritation on skin, usually constitute all the vaginal rashes. The vaginal rashes might be the result of non infectious conditions (it might be an allergic reaction) or it might also be the result of a sexually transmitted infection. The vulva may become red and might have sores and blisters. Many times, the vulva doesn't change color at all, but visible bumps are present in the area.
The symptoms of vaginal rashes are as follows:
- Blisters or sores
- Reddening of the vulva
- Visible bumps
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain in the pelvic region
- Painful urination with a burning feeling
- Pain while having sex
- Lice or insects in the pubic hair
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Ulcers on the groin
Although the symptoms are not usually fatal, sometimes the conditions might become life threatening. If your body temperature rises above 101oF and if you are suffering from a severe abdominal and pelvic pain, the best option is to consult a doctor immediately.
Vaginal rashes can be due both noninfectious causes as well as due to sexually transmitted infections. Some of the infectious causes are:
- Genital herpes
- Granuloma inguinale
- Human papilloma virus
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Pubic lice
- Yeast infections
Some of the noninfectious causes are:
- Allergic reactions
- Chemical irritants like soap, lubricants, creams, etc
- Lichen Simplex Chronicus
Although the vaginal rashes aren't very serious in nature, you might face certain complications like infertility, secondary or tertiary syphilis, and transmitting the infection to your partner.
Vaginal rashes are usually treated with home remedies. Here are a few treatments you could try out if you are afflicted with vaginal rashes:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This particular substance is known for having antifungal and antibacterial properties. It will help you get over the itching which takes place when you are suffering with a vaginal rash. If the rash is due to a fungal or bacterial infection, then apple cider vinegar will help to clear out the infection. Wash your vagina with apple cider vinegar and warm water mixture.
- Anti-bacterial Talc: Anti-bacterial talc is extremely mild to the skin. It helps to cure fungal infections but this method might take some time to cure the rash.
Consult your doctor if the rash becomes serious and requires immediate attention.
Good morning, I am 22 years female, from 3 months I am not getting periods. I was married 5 months back, I am not ready to get pregnancy now, how can I remove pregnancy with medicines. I am scared of abortion, this movement I am ready for a baby. I just need time to get ready for baby. Please help me.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.