Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena Acharya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Veena AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Hi, we are 1.6 years of marriage and we don't have any problem, we need baby what should we do for a natural pregnancy?
Adverse respiratory events (AREs) are leading causes of post-operative morbidity and mortality. Anesthesia is the use of medicine to prevent or reduce the feeling of pain or sensation during surgery or other painful procedures (such as getting stitches). Giving as an injection or through inhaled gases or vapours, different types of anesthesia affect the nervous system in various ways by blocking nerve impulses and, therefore, pain.
Anesthesia can help control your breathing, blood pressure, blood flow, and heart rate. It may be used to:
- Relax you
- Block pain
- Make you sleepy or forgetful
- Make you unconscious for your surgery
Adverse Respiratory Events (ARE)
Adverse outcomes of such events are fatal and lead to death & brain damage. Three mechanisms of injury are reported to account for highest adverse respiratory events:
- Inadequate Ventilation: Insufficient Gas Exchange can produce the adverse outcome.
- Esophageal Intubation: Incubation between the two sides of the esophagus inadvertently.
- Difficult tracheal intubation: Tracheal Intubation is the placement of a flexible plastic tube into the trachea (windpipe) to maintain an open airway. It is performed facilitate ventilation of lungs in severely ill, anesthetized patients.
Other’s are as listed below:
- Airway Obstruction
- Inadequate inspired oxygen delivery
- Endobronchial Intubation
- Premature Extubation
Residual neuromuscular blockade is an important postoperative complication associated to the use of neuromuscular blocking drugs and is commonly observed in the post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) after non-depolarizing neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs) are administered intra-operatively. Incomplete neuromuscular recovery can be minimized with acceleromyography monitoring. The risk of adverse respiratory events during early recovery from anesthesia can be reduced by intra-operative acceleromyography use.
Reintubation is a serious adverse respiratory event and the consequences include increased cardiac and respiratory complications, prolonged length of stay at the PACU, intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital, prolonged mechanical ventilator support, higher costs, and increased mortality. Overweight and obesity have also been identified as risk factors for postoperative respiratory complications. Most adverse respiratory events are considered preventable with improved monitoring such as:
- Pulse Oximetry
- Combination of Both
Closed observation of the clinical factors and appropriate monitoring by well trained people are factors necessary to prevent adverse outcome.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We had unprotected sex while she was on her periods. She wasn't bleeding much. But still we decided to get an ipill. She had periods right after three days. Is it safe? Her next period is expected by now but it's becoming late.
I had 1st tims sex just before 2 days of my periods date is 3rd sept. I took I pill on 4th sept. Last month I had my periods on 5th aug. M not having my periods yet instead m having body pain and white discharge which are all symptoms of periods but periods not yet came why dr?
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Age 45 female, ht5.5, wt80, menstrual cycle is regular. According to this parameter what test should be done for my health check up.
Lybrate connects Patient to Doctor
Whenever I go for social gatherings and otherwise, people generally come up to me the moment they come to know I'm a doctor and ask for medical advice. Hi, I am Dr. Bela Chaudhry. I am from a Punjabi background and I'm a Homeopathy Specialist. So, it's very difficult to give an off-hand advice immediately whenever a person comes to us. We need so many parameters to judge the situation in the medical field as well as to write medicine. Lybrate has made that very very simple. So, all you need to do is just click with your smartphone, connect to the doctor and once the patient comes to us with the symptoms we can ask questions and answers are given. It becomes so much easier to give an advice and that too at such a cheap rate. So, I would always suggest for Lybrate.
Lybrate has made it very simple for me as a doctor to connect with my patients. I put up a health tip or a health blog every week and that's what Librate has helped me with, to connect, to make this health blog reach each and every patient in my database that is with them. Another good point about Lybrate is its Lybrate Enquiry feature. That's one thing which can help a patient connect with any doctor. Like I find it very very simple that a question which comes in a patient's mind, all he needs to do is go on his smartphone, tap on the Lybrate Enquiry feature, enquire whatever he needs to and we give an instant replay`. So, that's something that for any question, any doubt, any little thing that comes to the patient's mind, he doesn't needs to go out of his comfort zone and can just ask the question to the doctor and gets back a reply. So, that's another great thing about Lybrate.
My experience with Lybrate as a doctor has been a very comfortable and good one. One thing I felt good about this is there are some questions the patient may want to ask but they are hesitant about it. So, this is one connection that a patient can make with a doctor where they do not face to face with us and they can ask their personal questions or questions that are really harassing them or putting doubts in them, and with a comfortable enquiry or a comfortable message and with a small token money they can get all the answers which are honest and straightforward.
Another thing I liked is the doctor doesn't feel hassled about it. After our daily practice, after a day of our normal practice, we can just sit on Lybrate and just answer their questions and get through. So, there is a comfort level between a patient and a doctor and I've been so comfortable which is why I recommend Librate to all doctors as well as patients.