Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
In Vitro Fertilization (Test Tube Baby) Procedure
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctors, My wife R. Rajalakshmi 53 years old still having menses problem, having heavy bleeding, still she has not got her menopause, why we are going to get our 60 the Marriage on 30.7. 2016, that time she should not have this bleeding problem, what we have to do. Please help us Regards V. R. Ravi 7502233727.
hello sir if prefer for the contraceptive pills. I pill or unwanted 72 which is great with less side effects comparing these two.
Can anyone tell me about what changes occur in one's body when he or she is drowning in water. Are there any specific changes which occur in ones body which may help me to detect if that person is really drowning or not?
I am 33 years old female. I get very tired after coming from office & my leg's pain. Also I don't intend to do any physical relation with my husband. Give me solution?
My wife is not getting her periods as her periods have been delayed already by 5 days. What's the matter? We're so much worried. Pregnancy test is negative. What to do now.
I am 23 years old female. I have been suffering unbearable pain in abdomen, lower back and legs only on the first day of my periods. I feel very weak. This is on since 8 years. I have consulted many gynaecs. Hav had many tablets n even had contraceptives for months. That entire 21 day kit. I also have been having sex with my husband since 4 years. In d beginning I didnt face any problems. But since a year or more my vagina dosnt open immediately and gets dry. I feel pain during and after sex at times. I am also wanting to have a child next year. Can you please guide me with all this. Thank you so much.
I am 26 year old suffering from pcos. My periods are irregular. Its being one year i'm taking medicine to get my periods. I am scared tha.
I had a unproductive sex on 20/11 and my monthly period started on 7/11. And I forgot to use the contraceptive pill too. Can you please tell me will I have pregnancy. And please suggest me any tablets for birth control.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
The obsession over getting the perfect body has gotten into everyone's psyche. Thanks to well equipped gyms and easily available home kits, this obsession is no longer a dream. But the gym trainers and bodybuilders suggest that in order to build muscles, following a healthy diet is also necessary. A healthy diet helps to develop the central muscle mass and burns the extra fat in the body.
Here is a list of foods you should include in your diet which will help you to gain muscle:
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in proteins and help in overall development of the muscles, making it a must have inclusion in your dietary regime. Also, the good cholesterol found in the egg yolks helps to prevent atherosclerosis.
- Nuts: Nuts such as cashews, almonds or pistachios are a perfect blend of fats, fibres, and proteins. Every ounce of cashew or almonds contains 150-170 of top-class calories. Daily intake in a small amount will help you to get the calories without any significant weight gain.
- Lentils: Lentils are useful to develop the central mass of the body. A cup of ready-to-eat lentils has a protein content of 18 grams and an overall content of 40 grams of top grade carbohydrates. A diet consisting of green salad, lentils and brown rice is recommended by gym trainers for the development of body muscles.
- Spinach: Spinach contains rich amounts of the amino acid called 'glutamine', which helps in the development of the lean muscles. Besides, a daily intake of spinach might also help to build the overall muscle strength of the body.
- Apples: Apples contain certain polyphenols which help to build the muscles and prevent any form of tiredness in the muscles. Also, polyphenols are also useful in burning the extra fat which makes it an essential fruit to have before workouts. If you are not comfortable with apple, you might also try oranges as your pre-workout fruit, which perform more or less the same function as apples.
Note: Besides the above mentioned ones, you can also include oatmeal, yogurt, organic milk, fat free chicken and beans in your dietary routine for muscle development, along with regimented body building schedules.
Hi doctor. I will not get my period properly my period cycle is 45 or 50 days some time I will get pls give me suggestion what to do. And I will get so much pain.
I am 30 weeks pregnant. My family and me are so very eager to have a girl. I have come to my native place. People are looking at my stomach and saying it's a boy saying I have small stomach. I am fully aware this is not legal but I think in my present stress situation I would be much better when I know the gender. If it's a girl il be happy and if it's a boy I will mould myself to stay happy so I won't go into depression later on. Please advice.
Vaginal itching is an uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptom that is often caused by irritating substances, treatable and preventable infections, or menopause. In rare cases, itching may occur due to stress or can be a sign of vulvar cancer. Your gynecologist can determine the cause of your itching through an examination and testing. He or she will then be able to recommend appropriate treatments for this uncomfortable symptom.
Through good hygiene and a healthy diet, you can avoid most causes of vaginal itching.
Home Care for Vaginal Itching
To prevent vaginal irritation and infection, there are several steps you can take at home.
Avoid using feminine hygiene products, as these can cause irritation.
Avoid scented soaps, lotions, and bubble baths.
When exercising or swimming, change out of wet or damp clothing immediately afterward.
Wear cotton underwear, which is breathable and will keep you dry.
Eat yogurt with live cultures to reduce the chance of getting yeast infections.
If you are diabetic, take steps to control your blood sugar.
I am 24 Year, recently I got marry but in started my periods, periods are irregular. But in few days I checked from the gynac for this problem. But he said you have a PCOS and they told they does not cure properly. Actually I ask for you PCOS is cure or not and I have child but in future problems are getting or not.
Can me and my husband have sex during pregnancy. I am 5 months pregnant. Can we have oral sex? Will this harm our baby?
Adopt a healthy lifestyle :-
You can increase your resistance to stress by strengthening your physical health.
Exercise regularly :-
Physical activity plays a key role in reducing and preventing the effects of stress. Make time for at least 30 minutes of exercise, three times per week. Nothing beats aerobic exercise for releasing pent-up stress and tension.
Eat a healthy diet :-
Well-nourished bodies are better prepared to cope with stress, so be mindful of what you eat. Start your day right with breakfast, and keep your energy up and your mind clear with balanced, nutritious meals throughout the day.
Reduce caffeine and sugar :-