Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VedavathiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am 30 year old male, my problem is that my teeth gets yellowish soon because of me drinking tea and smoking. I am almost into quitting smoking. but I don' t know how to maintain on teeth white.kindly suggest a remedy
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
I am kuldeep, aged 23 yrs. I have piarrohea in my gums. I want a special treatment for this to overcome this disease always.
I got hit on my left side of the face by someone, my jaw to be exact. I don't know where the punch came from because I got sucker punched. But the pain is mostly on my right side of the jaw, where the joints connect. I use to be able to feel my wisdom teeth on my top right when I moved my haw backwards but now I can not feel my wisdom teeth anymore. Is this because my jaw joints swollen? I am able to open my mouth wide with no problem. Only problem I have is that it hurts my right jaw joint when i chew. I also can not completely close down on my right side. Should I seek medical attention? Please help! Thank you!
I have one black cavity tooth whether this can be reason for indigestion, ear pain, headache, 1 year back already suffered from typhoid & food poison and already I have e coli infection in stool & urine. Always my tongue is white & yellow layer.
Sir my name is khushahal. Sir my teeth is damaging I have hole/cavity in the my teeth. So give your suggestion to fill up my teeth wound.
I am 27 year old. My mouth and my body get bad smell. I am daily two times routine and bathing also. But smell is come usually. I am so irritate feeling. Pls help me. This problem so long time from childhood. Pls help me.
At the root of many of teeth, the skin is removed and slowly the the root is getting exposed. I brush everyday. Although I try very hard to keep it clean, bad odor comes. What should I do ?
Dear sir/ madam, I have a tooth decay problem at initial stage so. What should I do now and my teeth are in yellow color, what should be my next move.
Hello sir, I am having teeth problem. Where can I get cheap dental treatment. I am having 5 root canals.
Type of material (silver amalgam vs. Resin composite).
Location in the mouth.
Occlusion (how the teeth come together).
So, while occasionally a filling can last a lifetime, that is not the norm. Just like nearly all other medical appliances and devices, they can and do wear out. It is a myth that all fillings will last forever.