Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha RaoYour feedback matters!
I am a daily routine smoker and I have try to quit but its so tough for me so sir can you suggest me some kind of tips to reduce the some present in my lungs? Like some juices or?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 46 yr old working as social worker for orphanage. Thought of suicide from last 6 months I am facing. Now I can not control. Ls help me what to do? as suggest by doctor Dr. Saul pereira psychologist. I was asking counselor in nagpur. Look back and see what happened five to six months back to stimulate this development. If you find the reasons, go and talk to a counselor and deal with it to effectively nullify the pressure. If you indulge (obsess) in these thoughts of suicide, it will gradually feed into an impulse and one fine day it will become compulsive for you want to act on this thought. So you need to nip it in the bud.
I have a problem of negative thinking like thinking of sex scenes and footjob? E. G- when I see a girl or a women first I start seeing her feet if she has a pretty feet or pretty face I start remembering her for a long time thinking about her feet and think to have negative with her.
Hi. One of my friend when listen any kind of gossip in which she relates. She think about that word for whole day. Sometime she weep and get angry. Like usne aisa kyu kaha . Wo mere bare me aisa kyu sochta hai. Maine sab khata kar dia. Like that. Pls give me advice how I help her.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Dear sir, I am using levothyroxine 25 from 6 months, doctor told me because of anxiety my thyroid level was elevated, at start my tsh value is 7.20 and now it is 4.90 does I need to stop tablets, please suggest me. Does I need to use tablets for long time and my current tsh 4.90 was high.
Hi I'm 23 years old male. I am anxiety and depression patient from last 4-5 yrs. I think due to dis im nothing in my life. Ryt now abhi mai kuch bhi nahi kar raha apni professional life mein. I have anxiety and depression patient. Mera mind hamesha past ki baaton mein chalta rehta hai .Actually 2011 mein meri gf ke sath breakup ho gya tha, uske sath mera 5 years ka relationship the and then uske baad se aajtak mai apni life mein kuch nhi kr paya hu. I have my own dreams and goals and I desperately want accomplished them but I don't knw I cnt able to start them. One more thing mujhe obsessive compulsive disorder bhi hai. Sumtym ago mai baidynath ki sarawatarishta le rha tha. Doctor pllz tel me which treatment I have to start b/w homeopathic or ayurvedic. Which treatment cure me fast. Sir pls I want to start my life on new level. Please help me.
How to make my parents understand that I want divorce (arrange marriage) ? How to face society stigma?
I am feeling very tired since 2 days and also having some cough and cold and sometime body pain What should I do. Please help me.
Hello I am taking medication of ocd and depression. I am thinking one thing again and again racing thoughts. Like- my marriage is in one month and I am always and continues thinking about" how marriage will finish, my wife behaviour post marriage, is she care my parents? And lots of things. When I explain my mind all answers it cool down but again the same question comes and also my answer explanations come in mind again and again, when I distract me somewhere else it goes, but the same is coming again and again. Also I am very over caring about my expecting wife and also when me female colleagues talk with me, I feel and think is the same wrong? As I am getting married. Same questions and my mind explanation comes in my mind again and again. And go with distraction. I don't know what to do. please help me sir.
There are neurological causes also, which are mentioned below
• Spinal cord injuries
• Chronic back pain
• Other neurological conditions.
Low testosterone is linked to erectile dysfunction and hampers the sexual life of people suffering from it. Treatments are available to offer therapy to men suffering from this problem.
My son is addicted to alcohol. How can our family get rid of his habit. This is ruining his family and work life. Please guide us.
Hey Everyone! I am 18 years old boy and from few weeks I feel like I am having a hair loss. My parents says its because of stress or hormones and its temporary. But me and my friends find it very serious. My brother bought me a bottle of amla juice saying it would solve my problem . But it haven't till now. What to do? I could not even focus on my studies because of this problem.
I've been smoking for last 3 years and I want to quit this bad habit. I tried number of times but failed to quit because of the craving and headache. Please tell me some medicines which can help me in quitting smoking.
My style of talking and body language is similar to girls behavior, people were making so much fun please suggest me some advice.
Prepare yourself- GET READY mentally and physically.
Make sure you are healthy and normally developed.
Seek premarital counselling session from an expert sexologist. Do the investigations if necessary.
Learn about your body and your partner. Share your ideas about hygiene and mend your ways.
Get well acquainted. Develop a rapport with your partner.
Whether an arranged or a love marriage; good communication, sharing your sexual fantasies, body image, expectations in life, health issues is a must. Many people think putting out their best foot is essential to impress a would-be partner. But in time you will realise HONESTY is the most attractive quality in a spouse.
Do not commit to a relationship until you are absolutely sure of what you want. If you are anxious about your sexuality, do not rush in anything. Also separate any feelings of guilt attached to your sexual being.
Interpersonal comfort is very essential in a couple’s life. Find what you like the most about each other and appreciate your partner frequently. You can begin with the “likes” and then point to minor “dislikes” in that order!. That minimizes the impact and hurt caused by criticism. Remember criticism is a part of good communication and both partners should be mature enough to take it lightly.
Wish you happy life !