Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasudha Rao
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha RaoYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor. I have sleeping disorder. No matter how much ever I try but I do not get sleep at all. Most of my days and nights goes sleepless. In a day with great difficulty I may manage to get sleep for only 2-3 hours. I am married since 8 months but I am totally ignored by my husband. My husband has even left me to stay with my mother and has no intention to take me back. He comes to meet us every week. But we never spend time together. This attitude of his is putting me in a depression. Whole day and night I keep crying and sulking about it. He doesn't even allow me to work. I don't have any idea what to do? Sometimes I feel like quiting my life. I tried speaking to my husband about this issue many times but he doesn't find this topic important and gives me deaf ears treatment. Which is very hurting. And I feel this is the major reason which is pushing me to sleeplessness and depression. Kindly advise what should I do?
My 25 yrs. Daughter B Tech, feels she has lost everything in life. She fear's about future and talks about past. Her mood changes very frequently. Sometimes she feels happy but gets frightened in night. She does not sleep in the night. Sometimes she becomes violent and could not control anger but after some time she doesn't remember what happened. She is afraid of socialising with other people.
How to get rid off knee pain permanently? How to get good sleep in the night by not waking around 2.30-3.00 AM in the morning and sleeping till 6.00 AM At least? How to get rid off body pain which is occurring throughout the body? How to avoid sleep during day time by not feeling tiredness?
Hello doctor, I am 24 years old currently jobless and preparing for higher education from past two yrs and I am facing mood swings from past six months which is increasing day by day. Every morning I dont feel fresh. Sometimes emotionless and sometimes restless. Even get irritated and angry very quickly. Am I suffering from depression? I dont know what to do. I' m also overweight 70kg and though tried gym yoga and medition but I cant stick to it because I dont feel motivated. Sometimes I feel like crying whole day for my current situation. Sometimes I feel happy but den few hrs later I again either become sad or emotionless. I thought of talking about this to my parents but I dont want to give them tension so was not feeling comfortable to consult them. Should I go to a phycatrist. Please help.
I recently had a breakup. Im really very depressed. And Ive started acting paranoid. Please tell me what should I do?
Sir/madam, We are just married couples after 3 years of love. After before and after our we tried many times to do sex. But we failed to contact. My vaginal opening is too small. Can insert only 2 fingers , and its too hard. First we thought its because any tension or some thing like fear. But for me now its really a problem now. My husband is very supportive but how can I solve this problem.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.