Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudha M SharmaYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and anxious phase in a woman’s life. There is definitely an information overload from all sources i.e. family, friends, medical team, books, Internet, etc., that is dumped on the mother-to-be. The idea is to prepare her for the delivery. What needs to be borne in mind though is that each delivery is unique and there are no two women who have had the exact same experience.
However, it is good for the mother to know what to expect so that she is mentally prepared and not totally caught unawares when the actual scenes unfold. The following are the sequence of events that she should be aware of and watch out for:
- With the due date nearing, she should keep a watch for the water breaking. This is passing of fluid surrounding the baby and is usually colorless and odorless. However, if it is green or brown, it is an indication that something might be wrong. Immediate medical help should be sought in that case.
- Along with water breaking, contractions is the next thing to watch out for. This is due to the tightening and releasing of the uterus, indicating that the baby has begun to descend down towards the cervix. If these last for up to a minute, occur every five minutes, and persist for up to an hour, it is a clear indication that it is delivery time and you must head to the hospital.
- Two sensations very prominent during delivery are pain and pressure. The pressure is from the baby passing down the birth canal. As the cervix and the vaginal canal expand to allow passage of the baby, there would be a great deal of pain and pressure. It is not just the mother, even the baby exerts significant pressure to come out of the womb during labor.
- The process of the baby getting out of the womb is what is medically termed as labor and has three distinct stages to it:
- The first stage has two parts to it i.e. an initial, gradual phase that may last for a few hours and a later, quicker phase. The rate of progress of delivery is steady.
- The second stage usually lasts for about two hours, during which the cervix is minimally dilated and pushing begins. This stage lasts until the baby is out of the womb.
- The third and the last stage is where the placenta is extracted and the umbilical cord is cut.
Some common problems you may expect include injury or tearing of the vagina or cervix, need for episiotomy, vomiting, passing of motion, anesthetic complications, etc. However, what would remain etched in the mother’s memory would be the first sight of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
When I eat food after three or four hours in my stomach there is great pain and after 5 to 10 minutes I get relif.
I am running low pressure. 100/60. My normal pressure is 110/70. Currently I am feeling very weak and energy loss. Is it due to low pressure. I have fasting blood sugar 75. Is it the reason for weakness and loss of energy. How can I increase my blood pressure. Thanks.
I am suffering from anxiety. And I have glass pieces in my right hand few years ago I broke a glass with my hand slamming with hand now I am feeling a pain and itches pinch in my fingers.
Sir gud morning, I ve done some operation in chest and that time I had too much antibiotics so now I'm having indigestion / gas formations in stomach ,so pls tell me a prescription by taking tablet to clear this problems.
I am 21year old female and I am medical student. My chief complain is I am too skinny. I wanted to gain weight but failed in that. My weight is 43kg n height is 5'0. So BMI is also under 18.5. N also there is a complain of frequent split hair and hair loss and being rough n rough.
I can't sleep. I am having headache due to this reason. Its 7th night running without sleep. Every night I go to the bed. I feel tired. My brain wants to sleep. Yet I can't sleep. I don't sleep. please plzzz help me. This situation is lyk hell.
How do I gain more weight in 1 month? Please help me, I am very thin guy ,I also want body ,muscles like my friends. Plzz help?
Pimple problem from last two years. White heads and boils on my cheeks. I tried few home method but still no results.What can i do?
Pimples always grow on my forehead. They go away soon but leave a dark spot. Forehead is filled with dark spots and many small sized very tiny pimples. What to do?
How we get free from dandruff and hair fall please tell me how I get free from it by natural medicine?
I lost my hair slowly slowly. I tried medicine and shampoo but not result yet. How can I prevent my hair fall. Please help me.
Any natural way for getting a fit masculine body or natural products which can help in coming out from laziness and improve mental stability. Due to which I can feel active all day long.
Hi 4-5 dinse Mouth me chaale ho gaye hai uske liye kripaya upay bataye. Or tikha khanekeliye bilkul bhi nahi ho raha hai please reply.
Mera age 22 years hai. Mera motapa thora jyda hai ise kam krne ke liye koi medicine batye jo helthe ke liye nukan n ho. And please answer doctor.?
Cracked heels are mainly caused when less attention is paid to foot care along with overexposure to harsh surfaces. In medical terms cracked heels are referred to as heel fissures. Usually it is not a painful condition; however, if care is not taken and the cracks deepen then it may cause immense pain and infection. Cracks may appear on any part of the body due to lack of moisture but they are more common on the heels of the feet. Walking, running, climbing … any physical activity requires the use of feet and the constant use makes it prone to cracks. But these cracks can be easily avoided with daily care and they are truly avoidable if you do some home remedies for cracked heels.
If dry cracks start appearing around your heels then you may also be facing a deficiency of zinc or omega 3 fatty acids.
Cracked heels does not pose any major health concern, however, you must attend to them at the earliest by following some home remedies for cracked heels. Delay in treating the cracks may cause them to deepen and may cause bleeding. Deep cracks may also be prone to infection.
Cracked heels are more common in people who are constantly moving on rough surfaces barefoot. Older people may suffer from cracked heels more often as the sebum production in the body is reduced with age. A cracked heel is a recurrent condition and needs little attention on daily basis by practicing some home remedies for cracked heels.
The main causes of cracked heels:
1. Dry skin: Some people have dry skin as compared to others. People with dry skin are more susceptible to suffering from cracked heels.
2. Physical activity: Continuous standing for long hours or working on rough hard surfaces leads to cracks in the feet.
3. Overweight: More pressure is exerted on the pad below the heels for those who are overweight. This pressure causes the pad to push sideways and if the skin is dry then this pressure causes cracks around the feet.
4. Uncomfortable sandals: certain shoes and sandals cause the body to exert more pressure on the heels causing it to push sideways and lead to cracks.
5. Other diseases: certain diseases may reduce the natural healing ability of the body to treat cracks in the heels. Some of these diseases are athlete’s foot, eczema, diabetes, excessive dry skin, psoriasis as well as thyroid.
6. Overexposure to water: hard water reduces the natural oil production of the skin by making it more dry and rough. Prolonged exposure to hard water can cause dryness and heels to cracks.
Simple everyday home remedies for cracked heels:
1. Keep your feet clean and free from dirt as much as possible.
2. Relax your feet by alternating between hot and cold water bath.
3. Keep your feet moisturized
4. Exfoliate your feet as much as possible.
5. Avoid doing any physical activity barefoot. Wear a pair of socks as often as possible.
6. Avoid spending long time in damp area barefoot. While doing household chores like washing clothes or mopping make sure your feet are dry. One of the home remedies for cracked heels is to try and avoid the soapy water from coming in contact with your feet. Detergents are used as cleaning agents as they can break down oil, if it comes in contact with your feet then it will only worsen the cracks by increasing dryness.
7. After taking your bath apply a nice moisturizer around your heels.
In the coming post we shall discuss some very easy home cures to treat cracked heels.
My age is 21 ,I have 1/4 grey hair. whether I can use lycopodium tablet to turn black? Give me good remedy to turn my hair black.
Whether you want to bulk up or lose weight, working this fiber-rich vegetable into your diet will help you reach your fitness goals.
Sweet potatoes pack a powerful nutritional punch. They are one of the best sources of vitamin A and packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, potassium, magnesium and dietary fiber that are essential for optimal health.
And yes, safe for diabetics - it assists in stabilising the blood sugar levels.
HOW TO CHOOSE:
Choose sweet potatoes that are firm and do not have any cracks, bruises or soft spots.
BEST WAY TO COOK:
Steam or boil.