Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vasudev PrabhuYour feedback matters!
I have fever last night I take tablet from medical but there is no relief and I have a hitch on neck and it is still have pain.
Hello doctor I am a 19 year old guy and I am suffering from back pain. My height has also been stop from past a year. I think it's because of my back pain. Please help me out.Hope you give me a solution. Thinking you
I am 34. My right knee have ACL injury while playing cricket. Complete tear ACL in MRI report. What treatment required for me. Is operation necessary? Or any other treatment. And what I take precaution at this time?
I am 31year old male I have a pain in My back I have use a pain killer but no relief. Pleas tell what I do to relief this pain?
I was diagnosed for Rheumatoid Factor and the resulted value is 2.0. What does it mean. I underwent MRI AND Dexa-Bone Spine and Femur study as well. Reports are still pending. In past also I underwent MRI and found having issues in L4 and L5. I am having severe nervous pain and swelling in hands and legs from last 14-15 years and sometimes the pain is unbearable I took numerous medication from various specialist across the Nation but still no cure. All other reports seems ok apart from R factor. I will update once MRI AND DEXA-Bone reports are out. FYI, most of the specialist prescribed either sleeping pills or steroid. Sure, that will ease pain but its not a cure. Kindly help. Thanks.
Now rheumatoid arthritis is normal but my both knee legs are not opening straight unable to stand moving on wheel chair.
I had a problem with legs pains daily, when I am walking half km pain starts, I use medicines as well, but no pains doesn't get relief. Please suggest any information.
My legs are paining always I had consult with doctor but doctor given me tablet but still my legs are paining. So now what to do .any suggestion please. For further treatment.
Sir/Madam am suffering form backache last 6 months very to much. At the time of sitting, sleeping, wake up time and sex time (Married 1 year), I taken pain killer tabs and local treatment but no use, am not able to stand properly with pain .sir please give me suggestion and best treatment .Urgent.
I am having a joint pain (arthritis). I have consulted many doctors but all in vain. My pain still persists. Is operation is only way to get rid of this pain? What is Navigation Machine? What difference does it makes if one is not operated through navigation machine?
Last night I have very pain in my head and heart and my legs are so much paining and My hand arms are so paining.
I am 26 years old girl and have pain in my left knee since past 5-6 months. I went to the doctor who gave me painkillers and asked to get my uric acid tested, which was normal. What should I do now?
Hi sir /madam my mom is having gout arthritis whats the remedy for this arthritis please suggest my mum s having knee pain for that we have done blood test in tat confirmed gout arthritis.
I feel stiffness in upper portion of the stomach either it's because I am healthy or there is some problem. Doc I dnt hve any sort of pain but I am feeling irritated because of this. Actually I was doing exercise of reducing fat after that this happens. please help me out me really depressed.Please tell sir .
My 21 days old girl child has an extra finger in right hand from birth. Is there any procedure to remove the extra finger from her hand by surgery?
I have pain in my hand I have to recover I am very weak my exam coming in October please my help I am not able to give exam.
Physiotherapy plays a pivotal role in helping a person recover after a hip replacement surgery. It brings back the old flexibility and prevents blood clots in the area where the procedure has taken place. After the surgery team gives its green signal, a physiotherapist starts working with a patient for a full recovery.
Here is a list of some common exercises that a physiotherapist suggests after a hip replacement surgery:
- Walking: It is important to use the crutches for a time period of 4-5 weeks post the procedure. Until the surgeon or the physiotherapist advises against using the crutches, it makes sense to use it while walking. It makes sense to retain the normal walking posture by using the crutches rather than limping without it. A physiotherapist reviews the pressure exerted by the arm while holding a crutch, before advising the patient to get rid of the crutches.
- Increasing hip flexibility: This is a basic form of exercise where an individual lies on one side of the body with knees and hips bent. A pillow is placed in between the knees. While doing this, it should be ensured that both the feet is kept together and the back muscle is not twisted. The top knee should be slowly raised like an opening of the calm shell. This position should be maintained for 4-5 seconds.
- Strengthening the hips: The body should rest on the stomach. The buttocks should be tightened and one leg should be slowly lifted. This position should be maintained for a stretch of 3-5 seconds. The same should be repeated for both the legs.
- Strengthening the hip and the stomach muscle: The body should rest on the back with a leg bent. The stomach muscle should be tightened and the bent leg should be lifted carefully while ensuring that the bend does not supersede more than 90 degrees. While keeping the stomach muscle tight, the lifted leg should slowly come down to touch the surface. This act should be repeated for 5-6 times.
- Strengthening the thigh muscle: While sitting in a steady chair, an elastic loop should be wrapped around the ankles. The elastic loop should be stretched with one leg while keeping the other foot firmly rooted to the ground. The lifted foot should slowly come down to the normal position. The same act should be repeated for 4-5 times.
- Improving balance: An elastic loop should be tied to one leg of a table and the other end of the loop should be tied to one ankle. The table should be held on for maintaining balance. Maintaining an erect position, the tied up ankle should be stretched sideways. The position should be maintained for 3-5 seconds to return back to normal standing position.