Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasu SYour feedback matters!
My friend did masturbation twice in day and after that evening he suffering from omitting is there relation of masturbation on omitting.
My father has under gone angioplasty 1 years back please clarify me. That whether he can drive distal cars I heard heart patient should not drive distal engine cars.
My father is 63 years old. He is a diabetic since last 20 years. Currently he is taking Starvog 0.2 Mg (thrice in a day with meal), Glycomet 500 mg (thrice in a day with meal) and absolute DM capsule at night. But his diabetes is fasting 245 and PP 280. Should we change medicine or should we start insulin. We can not afford more than 1000- 1200 Rs per month medicine. So please help over here.
These days I am feeling to sex more and more. I am just 22 and a virgin but I am loosing control due to which I masturbates alot. What can I do to control it and also does it have any side effect also? Please tel.
I have a constant 24*7 stress, pain in my jaw muscles and tongue, some times can't even talk due to intense stressed muscle. It's been more than 7-8 years.
I have prostrate of 2nd grade for which I am on allopathic medication from chd. Pgl. I had constipation since a very long time but now the natural urge for passing stool in the morning has gone. Although I am taking two big spoons of issabgol daily at night. If if I do not pass the stool then for the whole day I dont like to take anything, acute gas problem also irritates me. I shall feel oliged if you kindly help me to solve the problem. Please. Help. Kind regards.
I am very tired of my penis I intercourse for about more than 45 minutes every time without loosing my erection (erection is very hard during the intercourse) even though I will not discharge. I will discharge twice a week) means after6 to 8 time intercourse. Please help. Moreover my friend is joking saying that your penis is duplicate (made of iron)
Continuously water flowing from my nose and eyes and sneezing is also happening can you please suggest me some medicine ?
I have pain in left testicle and penis during erection it is not always sometimes it come and then goes for a week from last 5 months it is due to may be vigorous masturbation and that time my frenulum got broken from that moments there is pain.
I am urinating frequently day and night. Urine color normal. I usually drink 3-4liters of water daily. I do physical workout 3 days a week. I have diabetes. Please advise.
The question, "are vitamins vital" is in fact a rhetorical question, one that answers for itself. Vitamins are organic compounds and important nutrients, which are required by human beings in appropriate quantities. They provide a host of benefits, affecting metabolism, digestion as well as immunity and are imperative for the existence and survival of human beings. Few reasons that establish their importance are:
- Digestive system: The digestive system, like the rest of the body, requires important minerals and vitamins for proper functioning. Your body requires ample amount of vitamin B and vitamin C to improve and maintain digestive health. In fact, folate acid is required by the body to prevent you from an impending danger of colon cancer. At the same time, vitamin B is also responsible for breaking down the carbohydrates and converting them into energy.
- Boosting the immunity system and eyesight: The proper functioning of your physical and mental health requires a sound immune system. The invasion of diseases can be deterred and treated on its own, if you have a proper functioning immune system. Vitamin A, found in carrots, pepper and sweet potato is very crucial for boosting the immune system, at the same time it helps repairing the cornea and improving the eyesight.
- Improving the nervous system: Vitamin B12 found in beef liver and octopus is very important in strengthening and improving the nervous system. If there is a deficiency of this vitamin in your body, chances are you will suffer from depression, anemia and even a potential threat to your central nervous system.
- Helps the heart and removes toxicity from the body: Among other advantages, vitamins are also responsible for maintaining the heart and preventing an accumulation of toxic substances in your body. Vitamin C, found primarily in fruits like oranges and lemons performs this function.
- Helps in losing weight: Certain food products like fish, chickpeas and chicken are rich in vitamin B6, which in turn help in boosting the metabolic rate and consequently in losing weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 50 years old I am suffering with back pain and it came from back to chest and some time my chest has been burnt. I have consulted cardiologist, he tested me and ecg, echo are also taken and prescribed some medicines. But, the pain has not cured. Cough and flum has been occurred. I unable to walk at a distance as minimum as furlong.
I have desk job. I have done 6pm to 3am, 11am to 8pm and currently 3pm to 12am shifts. I have constipation and weight issue. How to reduce weight and improve my digestion. Please advice.
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
If not for Edward Jenner, millions would have lost their lives to several diseases. The discovery of smallpox vaccination in the last leg of the 18th century marked the beginning of a new chapter of vaccination and became a lifesaver for the human race from fatal and limiting diseases like smallpox, polio, tetanus, rotavirus, etc.
World Immunization Day, observed each year on November 10, is celebrated to increase the awareness on getting vaccinations in time to protect individuals against preventable diseases.
Immunization is very important to help create resistance and to prevent your body from getting infected with a number of diseases. Timely administration of vaccine can help protect both children and adults from major diseases.
Why must you get vaccinated? Is it really important?
Yes, getting vaccinated is indeed important. It helps the body stimulate its own immune system to protect against subsequent infections and also prevents them from spreading through any form of contact. Vaccination is more important for children because the immune system of a child developed through breastfeeding starts to diminish, once the development cycle of the new immune system begins.
Vaccinations are highly cost-effective and easy to access. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), timely vaccination has helped prevent up to three million deaths per year, but still, there are almost 19 million infants who are not given timely vaccinations.
Vaccination in India
The Universal Immunization Program (UIP) of India is one of the largest in the world in terms of the amount of vaccine given, the geographical area covered, and the number of people who have benefited from the program. The program has been in effect for more than 30 years. However, due to a lack of awareness among citizens, it has only been able to reach out to two-thirds of children all over the country.
We should seek to achieve complete immunization of not only children but also of adults. Under the Mission Indradhanush, which was launched by the government in 2014, the program allowed all children of up to 24 months of age and pregnant women to get free vaccinations.
Important vaccinations for children
The Indian Academy of Pediatrics recommends several vaccinations to be administered from 0 months to 10 years of age, the important ones being for polio, tetanus, rotavirus, typhoid, chickenpox, and MMR amongst others. It is essential for the parents to follow the immunization schedule and have the baby vaccinated against preventable diseases.
Vaccinations for adults
Vaccination is not just for children, but also for adults. All adults between the age of 20 and 30 should get a screening done for major preventable diseases like influenza, Tetanus, Hepatitis A, and Hepatitis B. An influenza injection should be administered once a year while a tetanus injection needs to be administered once every 10 years.
Hepatitis A and B injections need to be administered during one's childhood. However, if adults aged above 19 and up to 49 years do not have any documentation of vaccination, it is strongly advised to take two doses of Hepatitis A and three doses of Hepatitis B.
Prevention is better than cure, and the most important gift that you can give your child and to yourself is good health. On this day, let's be aware of the importance of vaccination, and spread the same. Get vaccinated, stay healthy, and happy!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!