Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasnth JYour feedback matters!
What is the best treatment option for adenomyosis. I am 41 years old. This month I am having extended periods with heavy bleeding for two three days. Also I am suffering from severe gastritis which worsens just before my periods. Are these two connected?
I am 83 kgs, married from 2 yrs, no kids. HAVE pcod problem. Suggest me which panchkarma treatment I should go for weight loss. I am following diet and exercise plan also. I stay in pune.
How can you eat healthy? This is a question that plagues many of us. The quest for a youthful looking body that is also slim and well-toned is something that we all strive for. On the other side of the spectrum, we also have people who are concerned about too much of weight loss, fatigue and general weakness. So what all can you do to ensure that you indulge in healthy eating for a healthy body and mind? Try these nine tips.
- Eating the Right Carbohydrates: Choose the right carbs that will help you pile up on energy with the right kind of food. Sugar and flour can cause an overload of carbs in your digestive system, while oats, cereals and complex carbs like whole grains are high in fibre.
- Lean Protein: Avoid red meat and make a beeline for fish and other lean protein that will give you omega three fatty acids in the process as well. This includes fish and chicken.
- Good Fats: There are four major types of dietary fat found in food from plants and animals - Good Fats(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including omega-3s), Bad Fats(trans fats), and Saturated Fats. Good fats can improve blood cholesterol levels, lower your risk of heart disease, and benefit insulin levels and blood sugar. Omega-3 fats are particularly beneficial for your brain and mood. The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Superfoods: Berries and all their variants have come to be known as super foods. These are rich in anti-oxidants which can encourage better brain health. This includes blueberries, cranberries and even salmon and seaweed, used in Oriental cooking.
- Salt Intake: Limit your salt intake but do not cut it out entirely. Ensure that you take NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON OF SALT A DAY. Try to avoid packaged food as it is high in salt content.
- Water: Stock up on water so that you get plenty of hydration and avoid needless snacking. Avoid sugary drinks and too much of caffeine.
- Count the calories you need: Do not simply needlessly cut down on calories, but rather calculate the number of calories you need to function on a normal basis. Then, build a diet chart around this and avoid empty calories like excessive sugary food.
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day which also fuels you into action and can potentially stop you from snacking and overeating.
- Slow: Eat slowly and have small and frequently meals for healthy eating.
Try these healthy eating tips to change your mind set towards food and nutrition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Are you aware of different types of STDs and their causes? STDs are diseases which are caused by a bacterial infection. In most cases, the bacteria are transmitted when having sex. There are several STDs which commonly occur in people, primarily because of having unprotected sex.
STDs include several types of infections such as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis, viral STDs like HIB, genital herpes, genital warts and hepatitis B. The germs causing STDs are present in the semen, vaginal secretion, and saliva in some cases. They are mostly spread via vaginal, oral, or anal sex. Some STDs also occur via skin contact.
Types of STDs
Here are the most common types of STDs:
- Chlamydia: This is a bacterial infection which develops on the genital tract. It is difficult to diagnose because of no early stage symptoms. The disease occurs within three weeks of being exposed to the bacteria. Painful urination, vaginal discharge in women and pain in the lower abdomen are common symptoms.
- Gonorrhea: This bacterial infection pertains to the genital tract, and may also occur in the mouth, eyes, anus or throat. The symptoms of the disease appear within 10 days after the exposure. Thick, cloud and bloody discharge from the vagina or penis, along with painful sensation during urination are major symptoms.
- Trichomoniasis: This STD is caused due to a microscopic, single-celled parasite known as the trichomonas vaginalis. It commonly gets transmitted during sexual intercourse with an affected person. In men, this disease infects the urinary tract, without any symptoms at times. In women, it affects the vagina. The condition develops within 28 days of exposure. Mild irritation and severe inflammation are experienced. A clear white, greenish or yellowish vaginal discharge and discharge from the penis in men are indicated.
- HIV: HIV is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus. HIV is a fatal condition which disrupts the body’s immune system, or the ability to fight against fungi and bacteria which cause illness. It leads to AIDS, which is a chronic, life threatening health condition. Usually, no early symptoms are experienced. Some people may develop an illness similar to flu, within two to six weeks of getting infected. A screening test for HIV is essential for proper diagnosis of the condition.
Genital herpes is another common type of STD which is caused by a certain form of herpes simplex virus or HSV. This enters the body via small breaks in the mucous or skin membrane.
I have 33 years I have 5 month miscarriages in 26 jan 2015 .Now 2 months later I am again pregnant so any risk of pregnancy?
I am 24 years old married woman. Recently according to the reports I am having pcod problem. What should I do? also I am having severe hair fall! please help.
Doctor I am confused in my ovulation day becoz my before last month period was 17th june 2016 and my this latest periods date is 27th July 2016 so how do I calculate my ovulation day, and how often should we have sex to have a baby as soon as possible.
Hi I am 27 years old and trying to conceive. If we had sex up to the day of ovulation but not on and day after ovulation. Still I can be pregnant. My ovulation date is 1st march and I had sex upto 29th feb.
Hello doctor, I got a small size ovarian cyst in july. Doctor gave me femilon and height tablets and my cyst was resolved. I never got my periods missed, my periods are regular. After cyst was resolved, there was a normal bleeding for two months but now I am getting light periods for about two months, I don't need to change a pad on first day. Also I am getting my periods 9-10 days late for the past two months. I am not taking care of my health also due to my exams, I am not eating my food on time plus m not doing any exercise, my haemoglobin is also less, haemoglobin is 10g/dl. What should I do? Is it normal? How can I get my periods normal and on time? Am I suffering from pcos?
Hi doctor. Im suffering for urinary problem.I am married. So my problem is when we close together so burning starting.It is in 10min.So pls help me.Tell me any remedies
I got pregnant last 10 days earlier I took opt 2kit today at 4pm Just 1st tablet I am confuse whether it will work & safe or not?
My girlfriend 18 years, I am 20 years, I am participating in sex without safety. Now how to avoid pregnancy? Please send me your answer.
During sex the vagina gets totally dry and penis does not go inside at all which leads to disappointment. What is the reason and what is the cure or treatment? Please help it is spoiling relationship.
My. Wife. Has. Recently. Conducted technicitium. Scan (thyroid) she. Was. Prescribed. For. Radio iodine (1-131) therapy is. This the right. Treatment. Has. This. Any. Side effect. On. Health. Pregnancy. Please. Inform T3 CLIA 182 T4 CLIA 9.3 TSH. CLIA. Less. Than 0.01.
I am 12 weeks pregnant I did my ultrasound doc told my to do cervix stretch my cervix is 3.5 cm shall I do now or after I month shall I do this (5 years no baby now only I am pregnant)
The thought of starting a new relationship after a breakup can be scary. Even an amicable split can leave you feeling insecure, depressed or wary of getting close to someone else. By focusing on your needs and approaching a potential relationship with the right frame of mind, you will be more likely to start a new relationship that will last.
It's important to strike a balance between diving right back into the dating scene and giving yourself sufficient time to recover from your breakup. To get the best out of a new relationship, you need to learn to value your relationship with yourself first. Go with what feels right for you, advises psychotherapist barton goldsmith in his article" 10 things to remember after a breakup" for" psychology today" but aim for somewhere in the middle of two extremes. Make sure you're not still too hung up on your ex before you get into another relationship, but don't wait so long that you become scared of putting yourself out there.
Even if your previous relationship ended badly, it can still be a really valuable lesson. Thinking about why things didn't work out with your ex can help you determine what you want from your next relationship and what aspects of yourself you may need to work on. If your last relationship ended because of a lack of trust, consider how you could have dealt with the problem in a more productive way. It's not about beating yourself up over what went wrong. Instead, use the experience to grow as an individual and put yourself in a healthier, happier place to begin a new relationship.
Being open to new ways of meeting people will increase your chances of finding your someone special. Online dating can be a great way of getting back into the dating scene if you want to take it slowly. Check out different dating websites and look for free trial periods to let you get to know the site and browse members' profiles before you commit to paying for a subscription. Try to be upbeat. Resist the temptation to mope around at home if you're feeling down about being single. Get yourself out there: meet friends for a drink or accept an invitation to a dinner party. You never know where or when you will meet a potential partner, so embrace all opportunities to widen your social circle
Before you commit to a new relationship, make sure you are with that person for the right reasons. Work out what your instincts are telling you. Asking yourself some difficult questions at this stage will help you make the right decision and give a potential relationship a great chance of success. If you have gone for someone because he seems to be the exact opposite of your ex or turned a blind eye to early warning signs that he may not be right for you, this is the time to take a step back and re-evaluate the situation. It's better to be on your own than with the wrong person. When the right one comes along, you'll know.