Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanti RaoYour feedback matters!
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.
Meri wife ko after delivery first time period aaya h (delivery date 5-6-2016 and period start on date 14 -7-2016). Mera qus ye h ki period jaldi to nai aa gaya h means normal time se pahle? Aur usko dard v ho raha h (Note - dard usko pahle v hota tha but doctor ne bola tha first delivery baad dard kam ho jata h). Jyada dard hone me kya koi painkiller kha sakti h ya isme koi dusri tablate khani chahiye. Please painkiller ka name v mention kijiye. Please iske bare me details me bataye. Thanks.
Instead of stocking up on chocolate as glucose boosters, try high-fibre, low sugar oat bars. These take care of your cravings.
Male menopause also called ‘andropause’ is characterized by changes in the male hormone 'testosterone’ due to age. Other names that are used to describe similar symptoms are ‘androgen deficiency’, ‘testosterone deficiency’ and ‘late-onset of hypogonadism’.
What Is Male Menopause?
Because men do not go through a well-defined period referred to as menopause, some doctors refer to this problem as androgen (testosterone) decline in the aging male -- or what some people call low testosterone. Men do experience a decline in the production of the male hormone testosterone with aging, but this also occurs with conditions such as diabetes (read more about diabetes problem). Testosterone is a hormone which is produced in the testes and it plays an important role in a man’s body; from regulating sex drive, increasing energy levels in the body, maintaining muscle mass to bringing about changes during puberty. Male menopause differs from female menopause in a few aspects and not all men are affected by it. However, this condition doesn’t cause impotence.
Along with the decline in testosterone, some men experience symptoms that include:
- Sexual problems
The symptoms of male menopause are low energy levels, fatigue, depression and an inability to focus on anything. You will lose muscle tone coupled with an increase in body fat; the muscles in the body also tend to become weak. Some other symptoms are decreased bone density and breast development.
There are no specific causes as such, but aging is known to play a major role in male menopause. Certain lifestyle factors such as depression, stress and anxiety can cause some symptoms of male menopause to show up such as erectile dysfunction. Not eating a balanced diet and not following a proper exercise regimen and drinking or smoking excessively can trigger symptoms of male menopause.
Once the diagnosis is done, the doctor will chart out a treatment course. The common treatment for male menopause is to make certain changes in your lifestyle – eating a well-balanced diet, getting optimal sleep and exercising regularly. Making these types of changes has been proven to dramatically improve the health of men affected by male menopause.
Another option is hormone replacement therapy, wherein synthetic or artificial testosterone is administered to the body. It is similar to performance e nhancers in terms of its side effects. So it is advised to consult your doctor and take a well-founded decision on whether to go ahead with the hormone replacement therapy.
Ayurvedic Management of Male Menopause:
- Manage your emotions through yoga and meditation.
- Attend couple’s counselling and talk your doctor about your issues. Educate yourself and your family about the condition.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain your weight by doing regular exercise and diet.
- Do regular body oil massage with Ksheerabala taila, Sesame oil or Mahanarayana taila.
- You can undergo Ayurvedic treatments like Shirodhara, Rasayana and Vajikarana chikitsa to rejuvenate your body and enhance your sexual health.
Ayurvedic medicines like Ashwagandha, Kapikachhu, Shilajit, Gokshura, Musli, Amalaki, Punarnava, Chandraprabha vati, etc. are very beneficial.
Irregular menstrual cycle, facial hair growth problem, obesity. Please advise me for medicine. My age 36.
I am a married man. Me and my wife having a good relation but we are not having any child. me and my family are getting tensed. So please advise me what to do.
I want to commence a regular exercising schedule gradually increasing the intensity. How should I alter my diet if absolutely no weight loss is intended? A little gain of muscle mass would be preferable.
Sir, I am 4 month pregnant and my noise is blocked any time. Muje saans lene m bahut jyada problem ho rhi h. Syad naak m Maas badh gya h. Iska koi solution btae please or is smy naak ka operation ho sakta h kya?
She asked about female reproductive organs that she had problem of excess water fall that caused her tiredness. So what's the cause of it and cure? I asked her not leave water intake after intercourses or water fall as it causes huge loss of energy.help me on this
When should you opt for surrogacy and what factors should you consider?
Surrogacy is the method that is used for reproduction in which a woman other than the woman, who wants to have the baby, agrees to undertake pregnancy and give birth to a child for the couple that appoints her. A couple can opt for surrogacy in the following conditions.
In the case of females who cannot reproduce due to infertility or some other medical conditions that make the process risky for both the mother and the childlike heart diseases, liver infirmities and high blood pressure, surrogacy can opt for so that the couple can experience the bliss of becoming parents.
- if you are a single parent
A single parent can opt for surrogacy in order to fulfil his/her dream of having a child to live for.
- other factors
There are several other factors when a couple might want to opt for surrogacy. For instance, in couples, where the female is too busy building a stable career for herself and she cannot take the risk of opting for pregnancy, surrogacy can come to their rescue. Also, repeated miscarriages, pelvic disorder, hysterectomy, an impaired uterus or the absence of uterus can act as reasons to opt for surrogacy.
There are a few factors that need to be considered before opting for surrogacy. They are listed below.
Type of surrogacy
Traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy are the two options available. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother not only carries the embryo in her womb until childbirth but also donates the egg. However in gestational surrogacy, the egg is taken from the biological mother and impregnated in the womb of the surrogate mother through in vitro fertilization techniques. The intended parents need to take a decision regarding the type of surrogacy that they wish to opt for.
The intended parents must be aware of the surrogacy laws prevalent in their country so as to make sure that they can go through the entire process smoothly. For instance, in India, it is mandatory that the surrogate child should be biologically related to one of the two parents.
Cost of surrogacy
Another important factor that needs to be considered while opting for surrogacy is the cost of the undertaking. It can involve high costs due to the unpredictability of the situations surrounding the process, so the financial stability of the intended parents should be kept in mind. Also, choose the right agency or even if you choose an independent candidate to become the surrogate mother for your child, make a wise choice.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy: Which is the Better Option?
I am 29 years old. We are trying to have baby, I have never missed a period, this month I missed it .i am 20 days due to my periods by got a negative pregnancy test. Please let me know why is that.
I have been trying to conceive my second baby from d past three months with timely sex but have not succeeded wat do I do.
My wife is 40 she had UTERINE ARTERY EMBOLISATION last year but still she is suffering from pain during periods and had swelling in her right leg. I want to know what should i do to get her out of these problems ?
How to reduce sexual feeling of my husband? He take 4 to 5 trun in a day I'm really tired to that. He has age of 50 & I have 40. Please reply me sir.
I'm 30 years old female n had pregnant for 3 times but unfortunately my 1st child got died within 5 days due to Pneumonia and other I got mis carriage in 2nd month. This time im in my 3rd month and done USG but it showing no heartbeats for the fetus, they found foetalpole inside the sac and irregular sac in uterine cavity. Doctor suggested to abort this. But I do not want to loose this and is there any chances if i'll do USG once again after 2 weeks or is there any problem with me. Pl advise.
HI, Yesterday I got to know that I am pregnant, My last period started at 4th of feb. Can you help me to find out in which week I am. Also in which week I have to see a doctor for respective test and all. Also that is it safe to continue sex or not?
I am suffering from genital herpes for last three years.I want permanent cure as I cannot afford costly medicine for indefinite period of time. Is it possible?
Hi Dr. Actually My gfs age is 25 she is facing a Lot of problem with Stomach ache, during her periods, menses cycle is correct, every month she use to have her periods on 25th of the month, but than too she is facing this problem, She ll not be able to bare that pain, please can you suggest any kind of tablet to fix this problem.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"