Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vasanti RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old female me and my are trying from a year to conceive but failed reports are normal. Please suggest.
Setting a heating pad on a low degree on the abdomen area loosens the tight muscles and eases cramping pain resulting in lesser anxiety and relaxation during menstruation.
Pregnancy is a joyous journey of surprises and new experiences. It is really hard to understand the changes that your body goes through during this beautiful period. You might have heard stories from your elders and friends. But, what it exactly feels like and what it takes or gives to be pregnant, can only be realised when you are pregnant yourself.
The most interesting part of this journey is that it’s nature and characteristics differ from one woman to the other. The symptoms experienced are completely or partially different for different expecting moms. But, one most common symptom of pregnancy is exhaustion. Almost every mother has gone through this experience during the first trimester. You might get a feeling of flu or feel as if you haven’t slept for five days. But don’t worry as this exhaustion is temporary. It vanishes as your pregnancy enters the second or third trimester or ends.
Here’s how you can cope up with the exhaustion of the first trimester:
- Maximise your happy or good hours: Exhaustion is not constant throughout the day. It hits hard either during the day or night. You need to identify these hours. It is best to avoid your work and social life at this time. You can use the other half of the day, when you are active, to carry out your day-to-day activities.
- Increase your sleep schedule: You need to get proper rest for your body and fetus. Sleeping for just seven or eight hours might not be enough. You may have to sleep for ten or eleven hours in the night to get rid of the exhaustion.
- Take short naps: A major way of coping up with the exhaustion is to take short naps. A power nap in between your working schedule can help you regain your lost energy. You will feel refreshed. Take the nap for 20 minutes only. Don’t take a too much longer nap. Doing so will only make you feel more lethargic.
- Drink water like a fish: You will have to keep your body hydrated. Make sure that you stay hydrated all the time by drinking the right amount of water. Dehydration can increase your exhaustion. A rule for drinking water is to equalise your body weight divided by two in ounces plus 8 ounces more with that
- Take help: You must not try to do things alone. You will have to take help from others like the house taker, relatives, family members or friends to do the housework. Also, request your employer to give you less work during this period.
Apart from these indulge in light exercise and eating a balanced diet along with small portions of healthy snacks in between meals is also a must for an expecting mother.
Can you please confirm is there any chance of pregnancy. If 2 days missed period. Then got 1 and half day bleeding. I did pregnancy test at the time of 3rd day when I missed period. It showing negative.
How two condom at a time we can use what are you saying please let me know correctly I didn't get it what you had said and also let me know that the perfect way of having sex with gf without pregnancy problem.
I am 28 years old. Meri one month se bleeding ni ruki. Medicine chl ri h koi frk ni Pad raha any suggestions for me.
I used a condom while having sex. But I still fear if the girl will get pregnant. Could you please recommend some over the counter contraceptives that can be taken by the girl as a double precaution? I have heard of ipill but have learnt that it has to be taken to avoid pregnancy after having unprotected sex, also that it should not be taken on regular basis If I want to have sex every day and not use condom. Is there a contraceptive I can ask the girl to take to avoid pregnancy?
Hi, I am 24 years old, I have irr-regular periods I mean I have periods twice in a month. In this month I had periods on 15th nove and it was only spotting for 4 days and after 4 days it was continue tii date having normal bleeding, So what can be problem or any issue on my future pregnancy?
My sister is 25 years old. And her weight is 40 kg. She want to gain her weight. Can you give me some solution for her problem.
I am 48 yrs old,I am having burning micturation.I had urine infection 10 yrs back.But now what may be the cause fr burning?shld I take any treatment?
I am 19 and half years old. I just want to clear one doubt. I had sex with my husband 3 days before he didn't cum inside me but accidently on my fingers and it entered to my vagina. According to tests his sperm are really vigorous than normal. Is there chance for me to get pregnant? can I take morning after pills now to avoid pregnancy? if I can, can you suggest some pill's name available in thrissur district, kerala. Please get me answers fast because we both are not prepared for a baby right now.
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended.
Becoming a parent is the most cherishing moment in a couple's life, hence it is important to ensure that both the mother and the baby are healthy. In today's world lot of factors like environmental, socio-economic, lifestyle associated, and addictions such as smoking and alcohol affect the health of both men and women. If the parents have ill health or unhealthy lifestyle practices, the same can complicate matters and also cause infertility.
Prenatal Counseling: Today's life, especially in the metro cities, is fast and becoming more stressful. Pregnancy is a period when the health of the baby is directly dependent on the health of the mother and father. Also during the early phase of pregnancy the development of a baby inside the womb is very rapid and is the base for its future. Preconception counseling helps parents to understand and identify the different factors affecting the growth of the baby along with the modifications or complete illumination of these factors (if possible) to maintain the healthy development of the baby and the health of the mother as well.
Hence preconception counseling is a good initiative towards a healthy outcome. It not only guides the parent about the healthy lifestyle but also helps to find out the genetic factors causing any malformation or medical conditions, affecting the baby- the mother- the whole family through an emotional, psychological, social and economic point of view. It helps the parents to understand the condition, its future consequences so that they are able to take informed decisions.
The Prenatal Counseling Guides About:
- The right height and weight as per the BMI. This highlights the right attributes needed for conception
- Blood pressure to check any abnormality
- Medical history - whether they have had any medical treatment for any particular disease. If yes, then what are the medications? They check whether these are safe medications for pregnancy or not. The doctors then alter them accordingly to avoid any harmful effect on pregnancy.
- Abdominal & pelvic examination to rule out any abnormality
- Rubella screening- It is important to have a vaccine. As Rubella causes abortions or congenital birth defects in baby.
- Varicella screening to assess any chances of future abnormalities
- Depression screening as its medication are harmful for the baby & also if mother is not prepared for pregnancy then the outcome is usually affected.
- Blood tests like urine analysis, complete blood count, sugar, blood group & tests for -STDS (HIV, VDRL), Hepatitis B, thyroid dysfunction
- The importance of well-balanced nutritional diet and how to opt it
- The change or modification in the lifestyle to reduce stress
- Exercise and its benefits
- Any family history of any disease like Haemophilia and the steps towards it
- Quitting alcohol and smoking as they have adverse effects on the growth and development of baby
- Any kind of drug addiction having ill effect on the health of both mother and baby
Thus prenatal counseling in planning a baby is a step towards ensuring a healthy outcome.